9.867 second RX-7 Spirit R '02 1/4 mile *OP Updated with new tune*

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maccer_42
  • 216 comments
  • 27,753 views
Remember, he's from nz so the 400m is shorter.....
 
9.874 no aids

i would like to see a picture too, specially the one that has all the stats including the g force. as for me I have to figure out how to post pics from my phone then ill run my baby again to get the stats without aids and with aids so you get the real numbers and comparison
 
i would like to see a picture too, specially the one that has all the stats including the g force. as for me I have to figure out how to post pics from my phone then ill run my baby again to get the stats without aids and with aids so you get the real numbers and comparison

Just did a quick test myself with SRF on and retuned 1st gear so it didnt bog and I got this....
9.874 no aids
209r6kx.jpg


The max G i could ever get with this car and SRF off was a 1.22G

(Please note I dont use SRF for my times ive been posting) this was just to test to see what difference it makes, im not saying z0b3z does use SRF but until he postes a pic like the one I just did, with the max G at just 1.22 or maybe 1.23/1.24 then I dont know how to judge if its a true honest time.


And to show my current personal best with SRF off

25j9zdj.jpg


ignore the 0-1mile times for both pics as I just coasted to the finish
(This time was achived with a different tune to what I posted in my OP though)
 
Last edited:
Remember, he's from nz so the 400m is shorter.....

this is a good point... technically the 1/4 mile is just under 402m, doesn't seem like much but it isn't just something you can negate
 
Yeah, I run metres too, my ACR hit 8.973 on 400m but when you switch to miles in driving options it shows my 1/4 as 9.005. In an RX7 the trap speed is lower and so even more time will be added in the end.
 
its a video game, it don't matter where you are the way that the game its made it's the same for all of us, PD dose't just make a shorter track for other countries.

BTW, thanks to the guy who questioned my authority, i took a break from work to test and tune my baby, the reason why its cause the .911 tune its for indy track and it was falling short on the test, so i retune it to run for 400m and yes it's faster now .907 i still working on it, i know i can make it faster cause i can get 1.28g. the trick its in the suspension cause, with the same tranny tune first was fine then i change some in suspension and it bog so i had to adjust that gear to keep up with the suspension. you see, um not a regular drag racing tuner, i'm the slowest of them all. :)
 
its a video game, it don't matter where you are the way that the game its made it's the same for all of us, PD dose't just make a shorter track for other countries.

BTW, thanks to the guy who questioned my authority, i took a break from work to test and tune my baby, the reason why its cause the .911 tune its for indy track and it was falling short on the test, so i retune it to run for 400m and yes it's faster now .907 i still working on it, i know i can make it faster cause i can get 1.28g. the trick its in the suspension cause, with the same tranny tune first was fine then i change some in suspension and it bog so i had to adjust that gear to keep up with the suspension. you see, um not a regular drag racing tuner, i'm the slowest of them all. :)

giggity.
 
Yeah, I run metres too, my ACR hit 8.973 on 400m but when you switch to miles in driving options it shows my 1/4 as 9.005. In an RX7 the trap speed is lower and so even more time will be added in the end.

after reading this i went to check if true and yes it is lol, my baby marks 9.871 @ km units lol i guess there's 2 different times huh well yall better start mentioning at what units of speed you are running lol
 
That's no excuse, it's easy to change.
That's not why I said what I said. I'm saying that so you guys don't scratch youur heads figuring out why he's so fast.
 
dr_slump
I would like to see a pic if you don't mind.

I dont know how to put pics on here from iphone :(
 
I dont know how to put pics on here from iphone :(

You do not have to use the App version of gtplanet. You can use the desktop version like a real web page and post pictures. Just upload the photo to picasa/photobucket/ect and post it.
 
dbabd3ae.jpg
.

My aim was to have the fastest rx7 i wont stop until i do :)
 
Last edited:
you must be in miles, not meters. 400m is shorter then 1/4 mile :\ still a very good time though regardless
 
Trybal
you must be in miles, not meters. 400m is shorter then 1/4 mile :\ still a very good time though regardless

U mean miles in speed?
 
Miles as in distance. Go to driving options and switch from km to miles.
 
Trybal
Miles as in distance. Go to driving options and switch from km to miles.

Dont worry thats not the fastest this rx7 ran ;)
 
Sorry for any confussion i was on km but anyway here are my times in 1/4 mile
40db3510.jpg
 
well ignore that post since you answered me lol.
 
9.906 is very fast. You MIGHT be able to break 9.900 at the rate you were going. Slowly I am catching you though, 9.918 at the moment.
 
Don't think my tune will do more and not in the mood to tune it.not in the happiest mood

b72e2be3.jpg
 
9904 geez, finally got mine to 9907
 
that's why i put the Link, cause i can't view it either but the time its an 9.885 :)
 
Back