9.867 second RX-7 Spirit R '02 1/4 mile *OP Updated with new tune*

• Thread starter Maccer_42
  • 216 comments
that's why i put the Link, cause i can't view it either but the time its an 9.885 :)

Wow nice time! this is where I cant compete anymore as I cant improve my own time as I have no idea what im realy doing :lol: you're launching at 1.28G's im stuck lauching at 1.22G's and getting a best time of 9.923 well off your time.
Would you say getting them extra G's is in the gear ratios? final drive and first gear? or all in the suspesnion setup?

it's a great combination of tranny and suspension, suspension brings the 1.28g and the tranny brings the time

I made some progress with my RX-7 today getting closer to breaking into a 9.89x but still alot to go just to get that, and a huge leap to get down to 9.885 where you're at AKA I95.

2heg2kp.jpg

My 0-60mph time is 0.002 slower than yours but then my 0-100mph time is waay slower by 0.037, So either I need to re-tune my gears, or my suspension setup is slowing me down alot from 60mph onwards to the finish.

I havnt been able to re-create my time of a 9.904 evan though I havn't made any changes to my tune since, I guess im just incosistant with my shift points, but I also find I sometimes get beat by my ghost off the inital launch and I just keep having to restart untill I launch the same as my ghost.

Your suspension set up is crucial to your launch. If you are losing speed/time from +60mph then most likely it is your gearing.

I'm so mad at this car right now.

Then again, it seems the entire purpose of a drag RX-7 is to piss me off.

I had it doing 9.896. Then I got the last 5hp. Now I haven't seen better than 9.899... The infuriating part is that gearing does very little/nothing, suspension seems to have nothing left to give, and the only way I hit the 1.28G some people do is with ballast amounts ranging from 1kg to 15kg depending on the rest of the setup + gearing.

And even that doesn't get my 0-60 down to what people are running. Top end winds up fine though.

I'll get it eventually but holy frig. >_>

don't use ballast, it hurts more then helps. and i did my 9864 with 1.27g

I figured, seeing as that magic 1.28 happened to come with a loss of about double whatever it did to launch.

Our launches in general are still terrible though... Trap speed says we should be running deep 9s, not high 9s. Then again, lol road-race slicks.

I guess I'll see what I can do later on... I want to get back into the 9.8xs in auto again, then trim from there.

Im so happy :D finaly got my RX-7 to break into the 9.8's (only just but still done it)

Nice work man, is this with the settings in the OP?

I'm working on one too atm, well I was untill I got a black screen that didnt load, now I've rebooted GT5 and hope the settings saved. But I doubt it. F%&*$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: OMG no they didnt ffs!!!!

Decided to scrap tuning this now, ****ing black screen!

Last edited:
got my time to 9.864 now :D

sure sure, post a pic and then i might believe you (no aids)
i got 9.888 (no aids and im still working on it ill post the pic sometime today.

i thought you could do 9.864?

No I havnt got close to that yet I think you mixed me up with Trybal, as he claimed to get the 9.864 time not me.

Jackthalad
Nice work man, is this with the settings in the OP?

Unfortunatly not ive since changed them settings, and done the thing where you move the final gear a certain amount then set max speed to lowest, then set final gear back to lowest, and I cant remember what I originaly set the final gear too, and without that I cant post the tune, I may go back and re-edit my OP and re-do my tune and write the numbers down and post it up. But as it seems many drag racers here dont share their best tunes I guess I might not either. (Evan though my best is still slower than everyone elses :lol: ) although the original tune I posted is an O.K base to start from I think, just that since then I have come to realise my orginal suspension setup is comletely wrong.

Last edited:
oh yeah my bad sorry bud, how do u post pics?

No problems.
Edit: for some reason thought you asked how I take the pics :lol:

How I post them is once I get them onto my PC from my phone I upload them to www.tinypic.com its pretty straight forward and easy to use, then copy the forum link it gives you and put it into the post.

you have to upload the photo online to like google photos, photobucket, or flickr to give it a link online, then you put that link in the post

Back