90's DTM- FINISHED

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 2,928 comments

What shall we do about tyre wear?

• Total voters
I know :D

What a pleasant evening I just had, wasn't it Bret? :D

You enjoyed annoying Brett then? :lol:

Quick question to everyone, if i do the DTM a spec event, will that mean a DTM car or two will appear in the UCD?? I need to get my hands on that Merc pronto :)

Ellis- It was a good night (apart from etids music :().

Pagey-I changed the oil and got 26 bhp so I removed the turbo. I am now at 395bhp but have a better torque curve. Re built the chassis and will look for a tune now. Will that be worth 3 seconds a lap at Deep Forest?
You must win a DTM somewhere, check on GTP for the list of prize cars! If it comes to it Ill send you mine if I can.

So what tracks are the preseason? Need to start tuning. If any of my teammates are struggling with a tune ill send one your way

Bear in mind you were losing the time against spurgy in the M3 :)
But yeah that should gain a fair bit of time, you would be able to challenge the front runners then i should think

Oh bert if you ever need to change the drivers board can you change my flag to a polish flag? As i am a polak. Like this.
POLA0002.GIF

Last edited:
Skate- Maybe Ddraig Goch or Deep forest, what do you think? Ill change your flag later on mate. Good that you are getting back to your roots :D

Pagey- It should help, I was getting killed pulling out of the tight corners so more initial torque should help that.

I didnt know you were born there, that means you get to choose :D
Yay, I get a new flag on my thread :D

Oh and not trying to be annoying but can you change it on the FGTC thread to? Just to let people know that the poles are racing.

Nice one Andy, ill get you on the roster tonight sometime, add me on PSN
rhyfelwr79

1 space left :D

I´m so looking forward to the pre-season EVENT :D
I hope everyone likes the Regulations and tried all Cars. I did it and must say this will be a tight Championship *jumping around*

:D
I couldnt quite keepup in the (turbo'd) merc so I have removed the turbo, changed the oil (it was really black) and straightened the chassis. Hopefully this will make up some of the time I lost. I am not a good driver of saloon cars or anything that isnt formula class :(

Looking forward to it though, will be a nice change :D and thanks to sakery for testing the cars 👍

If you turbo all cars you would have to limit the power way too much. And I tested all cars without turbo => I don´t know if any turbo-limited-version produces a better Time.

Plus I don´t think it is possible to get a better laptime if you limit the power to 70% or lower (I hope this is true :D)

I can ban tuning which may work but I think adding turbos then limiting the other cars would make them worse (lag).

I had a high RPM turbo on the astra, and it was pretty quick when limited to 404bhp, i was at the front for all of the races

I have the Calibra :D but still dont have any of the others, hopefully the Astra will turn up before wednesday, but at least I can take part now.

Pagey- Remove the turbo and see if its better/worse if you get a chance please.

Spurgey- I love the Cally, my favourite car but chose the merc to try and encourage others, I could give the merc to Pagey yet because I have all the others 👍

Skate- No idea bro, havent tried it yet.

I dont think times will matter, as long as you can stay in the draft, because its just one big oval with one braking zone so you should be able to keep up :) I suppose it will only matter for quali. Btw, where can I download the track? Looked around and no one seems to have it set to online.

Last edited:
Only 1 braking zone? :(
We are doing Draig Goch then Deep forest so dont forget to practice there too!

having a turbo makes tyre wear higher, but no turbo means that the torque decress. It makes an interesting battle and in a way there equal because they both have + and -

Back