REGULATIONS/ OLR CONDUCT/ RACE INFO TO BE EDITED

Regulations for the GT1 cars are-

Team McLaren F1 GTR/ 950kg 550hp (86.9%) 641PP MAX

Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/ 1000kg 550hp (66.7%) 646PP MAX

Team Nissan R390 GT1/ 1000kg 550hp (66.9%) 647PP MAX

Regulations for the GTS cars are-

Team Corvette Racing C5R/ 1139kg 620hp (96.8%) 639PP MAX

Team Oreca Viper GTS-R #51/ 1150kg 600hp (97.9%) 639PP MAX

Team Panoz Esperate GTR-1/ 1170kg 645hp (87%) 644PP MAX(recommended ballast position +50)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

NOTICE------
We'll be running tire wear and fuel consumption ON and implementing a two tire compound rule. Softs/Mediums with a mandatory 6 lap minimum stint per tire compound. You must start on the tires you qualified on. To spice things up, some race days will feature a different prime/option tire. With the [B[OPTION[/B] tire, you are only allowed 2 stints or two sets.
Example- option tire is SOFTS and prime is MEDIUMS; Race start on SOFTS counts as one stint. You can only use that set of tires again for one more stint with no maximum amount of laps (as softs degrade faster there's no need to limit this).

Also we'll be implementing a Success Ballast format for the top 5 finishers in each class. The ballast will remain through each race until said driver is placed outside of the top 5. Where then the ballast will ALL be removed.
Example- 1st place; 25kg 2nd place 15kg; 3rd place 15kg; 4th place 10kg; 5th place 10kg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Tracks/Rounds-

Races will last around 1 hour, and around 1 hour 30 minutes for endurance races. Tracks and lap counter are as follows;

Preseason Events (worth half points)

1. EifelRing- 34 (+1pace) laps
sam1232xy.jpg

Regular Season Events (endurance x2 points)

1. Daytona Road- 36 (+1pace) laps
Daytona_International_Speedway_-_Road_Course.svg

2. Indy Road- 37 (+1pace) laps
Indianapolis_Motor_Speedway_-_road_course.png

3. Nurburgring GP/F- 33 (+1pace) laps
512px-Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-2002-GP.svg.png

4. Spa Francorchamps (x2 Endurance)- 39 (+1pace) laps
Circuit_Spa_2007.png

5. Fuji Speedway F- 38 (+1pace) laps
Circuit_Fuji.png

6. Circuit De LeSarthe 2005 (x2 Endurance)- 24 (+1pace) laps
20070714162929!Circuit_de_la_sarthe_rev12_enlabels.svg

7. Tokyo R246- 38 (+1pace) laps
800px-GT5_circuit_Tokyo_R246.svg.png

8. Suzuka Circuit- 32 (+1pace) laps
622px-Suzuka_circuit_map--2005.svg.png

For the endurance races, the tire choice will be 2 stints each tire compound with an open amount of laps between pitting as long as they meet the compound minimum usage.

______________________________________________________________________________________

GTP username/PSN name/first name or nickname/Class/Car choice/time zone

GT1 Entry List-

1. freshseth83/freshseth83/seth/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Pacific Time zone -8GMT
2. ccuebas19/ccuebas19/cris/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Western Standard Time zone -4GMT
3. Shinshiki/shinshiki204/shin/GT1/Team Mclaren F1 GTR/Eastern Standard Time -5GMT
4. unrealanthony/unrealanthony/Anthony/Team Nissan R390 GT1/Time zone ?
5. RodeRuner1967/T-n-T-2000/Tyson/Team Nissan R390 GT1/Pacific Time Zone -8GMT
RESERVE. nitrorocks/nitrorocks/Kol/Team TBD/Pacific Time zone -8GMT

GTS Entry List-

1. cnd01/cnd01/con/GTS/Team Panoz Esperante GTR-1/Central Daylight Time -6 GMT
2. RedPartyhat/RedPartyhat/(name)/GTS/Team Corvette Racing C5R/Eastern Standard Time -5 GMT
3. Silver-Sylph/SilverSylphide19/Troy/GTS/Team Oreca Viper GTS-R #51/ Eastern Standard Time -5GMT

NOTICE------
With the addition of the GTS class, there will be a limit of two or three users per car, on a first come first serve basis, so get your entries in!

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, only real problem is not every player has the DLC required to drive Spa (I'm one of those:guilty:)

racingworld.be
You should buy it, will be the best money you have ever spent....

Yeah, I'm planning making all the DLC's my birthday present to myself.. Anyway, back on topic, depending on days, weeks and times I'm willing to give it a try

I might be able to help you with testing as I have Mercedes and McLaren, which track should I use?

Try Indy Road, its got a decent amount of different turns and a long straight to test top speeds, use medium tires.

I was thiking of this last week! A 90's LMGTP Championship...:drool:

You should also have the Toyota GT-ONE.

The GT-One is too fast. It's a prototype, not a GT Prototype. I wish there were more cars like the Porsche 911 GT1's, they would fit perfectly with this group.

Anyway, I did some testing, and the regs are good as they are. The McLaren is a little faster thanks to it's higher power, but it needs it because it's a twitchy car compared to the others. So while it's fast it's hard (for me) to be consistent with it. I did some testing around Indy Road course and the times were within a half second of eachother. So a 1:23.0xx for the McLaren, and 1:23.4xx Nissan, 1:23.5xx for the CLK. At Fuji they were about the same with the Nissan just a little bit slower with a 1:31.3xx, the CLK a 1:31.0xx and the McLaren a 1:30.8xx.

Official Testing-

Mondays and Tuesdays
around 7 p.m eastern time so add me to PSN.

Last edited:
Yeah I did some testing earlier with them. Looks like they're pretty evenly matched with the McLaren a little faster on the straights. I wasn't on with these cars that long- did an ALMS race.

Still looking for interest though. If anyone knows anyone that's interested in these cars spread the word.

You know you can count me in Seth! I don't believe anyone has thought of this yet so good idea, but I believe the true way to get a lot of sign ups is to have one of those nice looking op's like ICGTC and the pure event guys. 👍

Those guys are popular and all, but I'm not trying to be apart of their 'clique' or whatever you want to call it. I just want to have fun competition with some super fast GT Prototypes. I'll be using the Mercedes CLK-GTR. I'll be testing tomorrow afternoon if anyone else wants to get in on it.

I edited the OP for updated regs and races. Also went more into detail about the tire usage/pit stop sequence.

It is a great car. I guess I'll get the sign up process going with myself.

GTP/PSN/Name/Car,Team/TimeZone;

1.freshseth83/freshseth83/seth/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Pacific Time zone -8GMT

I would love to give this a try as this is exactly what I've been trying to do since I got almost all Le Mans cars in GT5. I love as much realism as possible and there are a few Le Mans cars that could be run together from close periods and could be set up in classes.

If I can propose something, it would be to have the cars with the specs they had in real life. Even in real life they had trouble pairing them up and the best cars usually came out on top, since all pro drivers had the talent. What we can do to pair them up is hold a one time qualifying session with everyone in a stock race car from GT5, say the Calsonic GT-R GT500 and have the fastest guy on the slowest car and so on until the slowest guy has the fastest car. This will make the guys with the best talent drive the balls off of these cars and the guys with slow pace with the knowledge they're on the faster car trying to get up in the battle.

Also, even though I'd like to run the Mercedes, I would propose adding the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 car. Fits perfect although it's the ONLY one of my race cars which I haven't found the real life specs for online.

Tuesday and/or thursday nights is PERFECT for me. I am by no means slow and most of all I'm a clean driver, rather spinning to the grass to avoid contact. What do you guys think? I think we can have some fun with these cars!

The Panoz was considered, but ultimately it's junk in this Game. The only other cars that fit this bill as Homologation specials would be the 1998 Toyota GT-One, the Porsche 911 GT1, the Lotus Elise GT1 and the Lister Storm GPL. None of those cars are in the game though. The Toyota GT-One is way too fast, it's an LMP basically. IMO none of these three selectable cars are that much faster than the other. The McLaren has the potential to be faster, but it's not an easy car to setup.

That's a shame. Would've loved the variety. I would've thought the Panoz could've been competitive with the correct specs and right pair of hands, haven't tested them thoroughly as the McLaren and Panoz I own are 0.0 miles I bought from the OD, so I refrained from running them. If one of them pops up in the UCD I'll buy it and test it, or if someone has one they'd send my way, I'm pretty sure we can try and get the Panoz working. Certainly looks fast! Also, what did you think of giving the cars real-life specs? 600 hp, 1005kg for the Merc, 600 hp, 1000 kg for the McLaren and 650 hp, 1098 kg for the Nissan.

I tried at those specs, but the McLaren is way too fast. With it's ballast you can position it forward so the car isn't as 'oversteery'- then with 650hp it runs away from the other cars. So I left them at their minimum weight in the game which seems better to me because even though on paper they seem equal, there are differences to how the cars drive. I find the Nissan to be a bit harder to drive than the Mercedes, but possibly a bit faster if you can get it there. The McLaren is the hardest to get right, and keep consistent, but if you can manage it then it'll be the fastest. The Mercedes is easiest to drive IMO and has a very good balance so it should be real consistent and that means easier to find it's limits. Also, I left HP around the 550 mark since were running the medium and soft tires. With 600hp it doesn't feel as good to drive with the medium tires, almost too much power for the grip being provided.

EDIT: the McLaren wasn't too fast, it was the Nissan with it's extra power. The game isn't very equal to real life, so the specs I think as is are very good.

Tuesday and thursday nights I can do earlier times, Mondays and Wednesdays I probably can, just a lot later.

Darn. Well, I'm still gonna sign up. I love real race cars to much to not have a go at a proper series. Proper qualifying and first pace lap/rolling start for the races right?

Yeah we'll get into the technical details of how the race operates when we get some more sign-ups. So sign up with all the information I stated and spread the word.

1.freshseth83/freshseth83/seth/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Pacific Time zone -8GMT
2.ccuebas19/ccuebas19/cris/Team Mercedes CLK-GTR/Western Std. Time zone -4GMT

Back