90th Anniversary Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours, 22-23 June 2013.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,428 comments
  • 228,894 views
The crash was during practice though!

BNNyo_pCcAAzEhX.jpg
 
The crash was during practice though!

It was the qualifying 1 night session. It was this accident that ended the session early.
 
Tired Tyres
It was the qualifying 1 night session. It was this accident that ended the session early.

No I'm pretty sure that was the crash involving a P2 car on the mulsanne. I could be wrong though...
 
No I'm pretty sure that was the crash involving a P2 car on the mulsanne. I could be wrong though...

3 incidents I recall:

1. Krohn, in the day.
2. A Ferrari off in Porsche Curves start of night quali.
3. TDS LMP2 car went off and damaged the barriers.
 
No I'm pretty sure that was the crash involving a P2 car on the mulsanne. I could be wrong though...

Yep, your right. I'm getting the accidents mixed up. :dunce:
 
Pescarolo not competing this year then? Just wondering if he has an autobiography? I'd love to read it.
 
Raining in le mans now so not expecting any faster times in quilfying this evening or night.
 
It's very wet, and Quali is underway.
 
Blue sky in the distance and 5hours to go.
 
1hr 53 in this session. Looks treacherous down the Mulsanne.
 
Well this time tomorrow (if everything goes to plan) i shall be sitting outside my tent, beer in hand at my favourite race track. To say I'm excited is a huge understatement!

Well i say outside... depends on the weather really.
 
It looks very cool with the water-stream behind the #74 Corvette :O.

And 'round he goes... No damage though.
 
Much as I am an Aston martin fan, I have missed that Corvette sound.
 
Well this time tomorrow (if everything goes to plan) i shall be sitting outside my tent, beer in hand at my favourite race track. To say I'm excited is a huge understatement!

Well i say outside... depends on the weather really.

:)👍

Don't forget your wellibobs.
 
The Ferrari Krohn have borrowed is the Loeb Racing GT3 car, I think. They have to transfer their suspension, engine and gearbox from the jacked up car.
 
The Ferrari Krohn have borrowed is the Loeb Racing GT3 car, I think. They have to transfer their suspension, engine and gearbox from the jacked up car.

Edil Cris car I think they said?
 
I wonder, is there any way of recovering retired cars from the track during the race, or is that an immediate DNF?
 
I have a feeling it will either be an all Aston field day in GTE-Pro, or a Ferrari/Vette stealing first from the Brits.

Hope it's the latter.:sly:
 
DK
I wonder, is there any way of recovering retired cars from the track during the race, or is that an immediate DNF?

They can be recovered I think.
 
Edil Cris car I think they said?

Yep. The Loeb Tub is from their LMP2 car and is for the LMP2 Caterham car.

They can be recovered I think.

No they can't. No external assistance is allowed in the race. Instant DNF for any help that touches the car.
 
DK
I wonder, is there any way of recovering retired cars from the track during the race, or is that an immediate DNF?

If the driver can get the car back under its own power it can continue. If not it's a DNF
 
DK
I wonder, is there any way of recovering retired cars from the track during the race, or is that an immediate DNF?

It depends on where the car is parked and the severity of the damage. I seen some cars literally left on the side track for a duration of the race just because they couldn't make it back to the pits.
 
During the race the car has to make it back to the garage under it's own power if they receive any outside assistance then it's an automatic DQ, but if they do get the car back then they can try to fix it and get back out racing.
 
Yeah, if the driver manages to get the car moving and back to the pits under its own power without any assistance, then they can repair the car and send it back out again. That's why you seen Satoshi Motoyama giving it his all to get the DeltaWing working again last year after it was knocked off the track by Toyota, to no avail, however. This results in a DNF.

Most cars that get caught in the gravel traps are almost always dragged out and the car can get going again. It's mostly when there's serious damage involved that the car is finished and is placed into the 'Graveyard'.
 
Hopefully it will dry out enough for the #42 greaves GTA nissan to move higher up the grid before the end of qualifying tonight.
 
Back