94% of members want an "Official GTP Track" and now it's possible

An official track that represents GTP would be a:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
LoomRock, CA
GTP_LeftyWright
New Patch Feasibility for Achieving our wish to have an “Official GTP Track”

Due to the new patch the wishes of our members to have an “Official GTP Track” might now be possible. Please let us know your thoughts on how the new online sharing could take place and how the Official Track might be accessible by anyone to try or compete on.

Would you like to have an official track for GTP created by the Track Maker?
I was thinking that after you vote you could post a name you would like to give the official track or poo-poo the idea. The track would have to most assuredly meet with the blessing of Jordan and the powers to be but maybe we could end up with a track that could be used for entry to the “Registry” or having a 100+ entry competition for a true champion of the forum. If you like the idea of having a track that represents our great forum then make your voice heard.

zandvoort_circuit.gif

Hear are the Names suggested so far........ :)

Jordanring &
Famineschleife by interludes

Gtpschleife by MildAshers

GT planet test course by witham

Circuit De Jordan by LeftyWright69

daan's Le Maans by daan

GTP Motorsport Park by Heath_1

Course de GTP by PSNgamer

Strada del Pianeta by SlipZtrEm

GTP by MRXAE86

Circuit de GTP
GTP Route 55
Backfire Ridge Circuit
Piston Hill Circuit
Cliffside Raceway
Mount GTP Raceway by Jason_Hall

Costa Di Amar by mafia_boy

Côte d’Amar
Circuit de la Scaff
Famuji
Crackertrack
Blake's Heaven
Delaytona by Touring Mars

Famine Mountain by nk4e

GTP Legends Raceway by robisme

Laguna GT
Jasonapolis by LightningRider

Tank's Maze
Circuit de Translator-san
Kazunoring by tankuroded

The Krungie
GTPeer's International Racing Circuit by bullie77

Adelayed Street Circuit
Standard Bugatti Circuit by carolgees

N.A.D.R.O.J
PRODIGY by addictions

Offical GTP Circuit by SgtWhitten

Planet Caravan by Freqqe

Planet Circuit by profi

Daanring by Nero9

Nightona
Circuit par GTP
Circuit Sang Noir
Circuit Pur Sang by PSNgamer

Sputnik Speedway
Apolloland
Luna Ring by analog

Cirvuit de Mike
Tripleseven777 Race Track by BoostedM3

The Planet by hornet_burnout

Eifelring by White & Nerdy

Grand ChUnKie Speedway by ChUnKieBaLLz

Jalapeño Circuit
Hot Laps Circuit by speedy6

GTPlanet Top Racers Track by GT5-Paul

Last edited:
Just one course? How short-sighted. The course maker could prove a valuable tool for a GTP championship, significantly expanding the lackluster track list. A whole list of GTP tracks would be better.

Although I do agree that one should be called Jordanring.

Yes... I've been thinking we could make a Track Making Contest, to see who is the best track-designer :)

The 'GT planet test course' has a nice ring to it. We so need a competition once we get the game, with one entry each open for 1 week so it's no to long then we should vote.

But I do think we should have 20 official GTP course that get GTP in thiere name.

Good Idea. I suggest a competition to select the best track. People can create a track and then upload it, and users, mods and Jordan can vote for the best track.

A GTPlanet lobby, GTplanets own tracks and events. That's what it should be like. But I really hope to race with and against other GTP-users. ;)

A GTPlanet lobby, GTplanets own tracks and events. That's what it should be like. But I really hope to race with and against other GTP-users. ;)

I could see many battles for “King of the Forum” around here.

tempx1_western_showdown_g.jpg

I'll meet you at "the Track" at sundown

This will probably come up when the game actually comes out...I think that Turn10 did something like this but with their liveries.

I would like to see our official track to have a long straightaway, changes in elevation right before turns, off cambers going around sweepers, blind jumps, loads of high speed turns and at least 2 low speed turns and take about 2 – 5 min/lap.

race_track.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea, though I'd like to suggest something. Rather than having one official track, what if the forum members established a committee to vote on submitted tracks, and feature one per month. I think this could bring some friendly competition both with the creation, and racing the featured track.

Great idea, though I'd like to suggest something. Rather than having one official track, what if the forum members established a committee to vote on submitted tracks, and feature one per month. I think this could bring some friendly competition both with the creation, and racing the featured track.

This is going to happen anyway, but an official GTP track I really like the sound of. But we would have to get Jordan to sign off on the idea, and even give some input.

Can we call it "daan's Le Maans"?

LOL.

I really like the idea of having a GT Lobby where the talented track makers can provide us with multiple tracks, but not just anybody making any track. That way we can have multiple online races to choose from that are unique and challenging.

But I also think that maybe after something like a few months when everyone had a little experience with it, we can vote on the best one to be the Official GTPlanet Track to represent the site.

Well, having one official forum track could work if it was the one that offered the greatest bragging rights.. but as a track it should earn that status, not simply be awarded it..

I like the idea, I'm not sure how it would work though.

I think falango offered the simplest idea

I do not usually comment on here (I hate all those wars going on pretty much everywhere), but I do think this is a wonderful idea. Lots of friendly track competitions will be going on, anyway, so choosing a GTP official track would be nice.

Cool idea :) But i don't think we should call it jordanring, he is the owner of the site, but the site is called GTPlanet and the track should be called something with that in mind. IMO. But i agree jordanring has a ring to it! Haha (get it?) :crazy:

Can we call it "daan's Le Maans"?
We have TWO WINNERS!!" :lol: But dude, you have to at least make a token submission on that.

I agree with the naming system.

• The BEST track has to have the name Jordanring. I mean... it just has to be!
  • Named tracks for the mods, and possibly mods of yore. "daan's Le Maans" has got to be one of them. I mean... it just has to - okay, little carried away with that.
  • Tracks named after the creators, or chosen by the creators if they're so 'umble.
We should let the track creation process run for several weeks or so, as there are hundreds of thousands of possibilities. It may take some time for some of the real jewels to appear. And if anything glorious comes along later on, surely it could be wedgied in somewhere.

By the way, I love that course in post #15.

As long as it has a really long straight, at least 600 -700 meters, I'll be happy.

As for a name.. GTPlanet Motorsport Park or GTP Motorsport Park.

Back