94% of members want an "Official GTP Track" and now it's possible

  • Thread starter Thread starter LeftyWright69
  • 219 comments
  • 26,600 views

An official track that represents GTP would be a:


  • Total voters
    412
  • Poll closed .
CAN WE DESIGN THE WAY WE WANT?

By the videos I watched, every change in a sector, changes the whole track.
It´s awfully random! =/
 
CAN WE DESIGN THE WAY WE WANT?

By the videos I watched, every change in a sector, changes the whole track.
It´s awfully random! =/

No. You set the sectors, and the track randomly generates depending on the parameters you've set.
 
You do know that the Course Maker doesn't work like that, right?

You set parameters. It designs the course.

Alot of people just don't realize this yet, but it's true. I do know some people will go to great lengths to try and recreate a real life circuit though, and it probably will happen to a certain degree since we have a few options to play with on individual sectors. All it's going to take is alot of regenerating and testing.
 
Why do people think that they can create a specific track, all you can do is edit the sectors, this isn't Mod Nation you know!
 
Too bad we can't create tracks the way we want, but I just had to show everyone this track that Glassjaw designed in that other thread. :drool:


Grunwald Circuit
3.3 Mi.
17 Corners
Counter-clockwise

So I have added little beyond my initial post, for two reasons. 1) I decided it was pointless to keep adding details in the interest of time, and 2) my computer couldn't render all the trees :dunce: So for the future i'll be toning it down a bit. But as a first project, I'm quite proud of it.

The fictional story I've come up with for this track is that it is part of the Sega Touring Car Championship, or STCC. In reality, Sega Touring Car Championship was an old arcade racing game, and Grunwald Circuit was the name of one of the tracks in it. That track looked completely different however, and is similar to the one I've created in name only. So consider this a tribute, I guess :dopey:



 
Just to make it fun I'll go through all the post and grab all the names and make a list on the OP to see what diversity there is between reality and humor.
 
Backfire Ridge is hilarious. I could see us using that name...
 
I'd like to see a flowing downhill point to point course with lots of S and Double-S bends for just cruising down with other clean drivers and appreciating their cars... Could also be drifted :sly:
 
We need a Poll to decide the name.
 
No. You set the sectors, and the track randomly generates depending on the parameters you've set.

Yes, you set the sectors but changing one sector also changes the previous ones.
 
Oh this thread is sweet 👍 I really think GTP should throw a competition and see who can create the best track. To also show the folks some thanks for this great site name the track and parts of the track the after the mods. 👍
 
We should name it after the person we all heard this from!

Translator-sanshleife :dopey:
Or, do a portmanteau of a bunch of the mods:
Jordaamine Pakupik :lol:

In all seriousness, maybe we can do four tracks (Circuit, Oval or P2P, Rally and Endurance).
Or just have one single track that we vote on. Does Ferrari change their test track every month? But maybe after a year we could change it.
 

Translator-sanshleife :dopey:
Or, do a portmanteau of a bunch of the mods:
Jordaamine Pakupik :lol:

I can't tell if there is a track name in there somewhare or if your just thinking out loud ....... :)
 
The Top Greer Test Track
Indigonapolis

Some more GTP member-related:

Côte d’Amar
Circuit de la Scaff
Famuji
Crackertrack
Blake's Heaven

Or one for Sony...

Delaytona
 
Last edited:
Famine Mountain?
 
How about the holy translator-san? We need to give him some honor!
 
GTP Legends Raceway
 
Laguna GT
Jasonapolis

Sorry if these names are already taken, can't be bothered going through the pages right now.
 
Tank's Maze! :lol:

(Yea, a reference to Tahiti Maze and me ;))

Other names:

Circuit de Translator-san
Kazunoring (portamentau between Kazunori and ring ;))

:)
 
I'd suggest GTPeer's International Racing Circuit, as an hommage to all the members of the GT Planet forums, from all over the world.
 
Was just going to post that Jordanring has whole connotations that I don't want to think about.

No offense, Jon.
 
Since we all love Polyphony Digital so much, how about 'PD-phile Ring'?
 
Back