(PC) F1 Challenge 99-02 screenshots...

• Thread starter Majarvis
  • 19 comments

Majarvis

(Banned)
This game looks and feels so good right out of the box, simply amazing, and the sound of the traction control ripping away is superb :eek:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now that's close!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Holy crap, what's the full name of that game? I might have to *obtain* it myself...it sure looks good, but is the gameplay as good as the detail?

Haha, the full name is in the title, I tried to "obtain" it myself, but gave up and just went out and bought it. The gameplay is A LOT better than F1 2002, which I really got fed up with. You can actually work with the car and manipulate it, getting that extra speed out of the car. One of my favourite things is the sound, they actually sound like 19,000 rpm monsters now, and the sound of the traction control ratcheting away is simply amazing! Another nice feature is that EA purposely hid tons of features in the .plr file for future mods, so we may infact see a really good GT Mod in the future with clutch actuation and fully manual gearshifts! :eek:

Another cool thing is of course, you can race with cars from 1999 to 2002, so you can race with full paddle shifting, no traction control, and not quite 18,000 rpm engines, right up to the 2002 season with fully automatic gearboxes, traction control, launch control, and the 19,000 rpm BMW P82 engine :mischievous:

Oh yeah, and just remember, these shots are the bone stock game :mischievous: Just wait until the 2003 season addon comes out, and track updates. There is already an addon track, the great Road America, it's awesome.

Oh yeah, and up until 2001, you can drive around the REAL Hockenheim. I hacked it so I could drive with 2002 cars, and got my Ferrari F2002 up to 354 km/h (220 mph) going into one of the chicanes :mischievous:

Hopefully EA will fix the vague lifeless steering this time!

I personally prefer the Microprose Grand Prix series - there aren't many mods for GP4 yet, but there's plenty for GP3.

Yeah, out of the box the steering isn't very good, but I tweaked the .plr with settings someone posted and it's very good now.

Originally posted by advanR
gp4 is my f1 game of choice for the time being. i hate f1 2002. i mihgt have to check this out though.

Yeah - it's pretty solid, and the hardware acceleration makes a difference, it's much smoother than GP3. Not too many updates around for it yet though - and it's VERY hard to mod the individual cars.

I might mention it now seeing as people with GP4 are here now...;)

When I drive the car seems to try and follow the best line on every track, not really allowing me to turn that well...I have only TCS, Launch Control and auto gears on, so I don't know what the problem is...:irked:

i dont know dodge. i saw you posted this before also. somehow you have steering assist on. is this with a keyboard? with a keyboard i dont suggest racing without steering assist, i dont know how that would be possible.

i have a wheel i use with gp4, but lately, i have been too lazy to bring it up from the basement. so i have been playing gp4 with keyboard. its actually pretty good. the only thing is, it is impossible to be as quick as the other drivers. with villeneuves BAR, at suzuka, I can qualify 9th. I think that is amazing. the worst thing about using the keyboard is the autogears. you have to maybe brake a little too much into a corner just to make sure you are in the right gear. because if you are in too higha gear, of course you are likely to go off.

Oh ok, so I am playing with a keyboard, but it seems to be giving me some sort of steering assist...it's really annoying because I can't control the cars.

Yeah, this looks great. I would buy it, but I'm waiting for the F1 games coming out for the 03 season. I don't like racing using the arrow keys on the keyboard either. :-p So Im waiting for them to come out on PS2.

The '03 Sony one's pretty close, I think. Have you checked out Grand Prix Challenge for the PS2? I picked up an ultra-cheap copy through a store membership I have, and gave it to a mate of mine. I had a bit of a play with it - it's not bad, probably the pick of the PS2 F1's at the moment.

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Oh ok, so I am playing with a keyboard, but it seems to be giving me some sort of steering assist...it's really annoying because I can't control the cars.

Hey Dodge. I used to play GP4 with keyboard, until I got a wheel. Thing is the game automatically sets the steering help to 100% for keyboard drivers. What I did was to set up a custom controller, pretend it was a wheel, but make everything digital and then turn the steering help down to 30%. I'm sure you could set it to 0%, but I never tried.

I recently saw a utility on the 'net while browsing for a steering help disabler. Try a Google search for 'disable GP4 steering help' or something.

Hope that helps.

Back