A and B Spec top 10 scores

  • Thread starter Thread starter Caligula1
  • 48 comments
  • 4,421 views
Messages
265
I thought it would be a great idea to keep a thread which can be updated of players' top scores for both A-Spec and B Spec.

To be valid a screen shot would have to be made to stop cheats and then I'd be happy to update this page every couple of days.

Let me know if you like the idea :)

I don't know if there is a way to cheat on this. If so I would hope that the cheaters refrain from posting their scores.


A Spec Top Ten

1. Egghead 11253
2. Yesterdaylight 9563



B Spec Top Ten

1. Egghead 8502
2. Yesterdaylight 4942
 
I think the idea is very good^^,
but one question, lol, whar is a spec and b spec, well in gt3 i think there was just a spec, but what does that mean?
 
Final-Master
I think the idea is very good^^,
but one question, lol, whar is a spec and b spec, well in gt3 i think there was just a spec, but what does that mean?

Look in: Answers To All of Your GT4 Questions thread
 
ok sorry for this question^^

and back to the topic, if we can handle the cheating thing, i think this hi score is a very good idea
 


With 'cheating' tho. 1 lap endurance races etc.. But hey, i wanted to be the first one with a pic. :sly:
 
Egghead


With 'cheating' tho. 1 lap endurance races etc.. But hey, i wanted to be the first one with a pic. :sly:

80/0/0 license tests 👍 👍

I wonder if people can hybrid their cars and get more a-spec or b-spec points than they deserve?? I dunno, just a thought - it might be pretty hard to figure out who's been cheating and who hasn't.

EDIT: also, egghead, how did you get so many a-spec points compared to b-spec when you have a ton more miles in b-spec? (not saying you cheated, just want to know more about how GT4 works)
 
"EDIT: also, egghead, how did you get so many a-spec points compared to b-spec when you have a ton more miles in b-spec? (not saying you cheated, just want to know more about how GT4 works)"

I have the same thing. It's because you use b-spec to do those ridiculously long 24 hour endurance races. I'd imagine that for the really gung-ho GT4 nerds out there who are intent on amassing as many a-spec points as they can, they'll have to race those themselves using gutless wonders.

btw: Each race including the family cup awards a maximum 200 points. Each mission in the mission hall awards 250 points, arcade races don't count.

How many a-spec points is the maximum?
 
Does that show 97% with less that 1500 km actual driving??? Maybe that's what B-Spec means... be spectator? 💡

edit: the pic is cool tho... and well done on the 80 golds :crazy:
 
Mine is in my signature. Although that's the rough amount. I tend to try for a lowest of 100 and highest of 160 with the race being winnable. Actually the Shelby manufacturer races were all 200 pointers, because I used the Series 1 against the Cobras that were lighter and more powerfull but they sucked at corners. Also i've done the majority of the mission races apart from the last few one lap magics.

Ps, the way you could cheat on this would be to use an action replay and use the 'always win the race' cheat or whatever it's called. I must admit i've used an AR code for lots of money to get those black Le Mans cars, but I haven't cheated on the A-Spec. I'll hapily send my save to verify my not using cheats to win the races.
 
A person with a lot of A-spec points may have obtained them by driving high powered cars for thousands of kilometers. To be fair, we would have to involve math. Such as:

(A spec points) divided by (# of kilometers driven in A spec) = number of A spec points per kilometer.

We can determine the ability of the driver by his Appk (A spec points per kilometer) rating.
 
speedy_samurai
A person with a lot of A-spec points may have obtained them by driving high powered cars for thousands of kilometers. To be fair, we would have to involve math. Such as:

(A spec points) divided by (# of kilometers driven in A spec) = number of A spec points per kilometer.

We can determine the ability of the driver by his Appk (A spec points per kilometer) rating.

Yes but if you drive something too powerful that gives you only 1 or two points. Also your forgetting that the maximum you can achive in one race is 200. Also the A-Spec points don't count when you re-race a championship race, they are only added if you have a better A-Spec tally than before. With the short series races you have to reset all the prize counters if you want to change the A-Spec tally meaning you loose all the previously accumilated points. Come to think of it, if you totally overpower the opposition you get 0 points which makes it dull as anything.

Example is the Japanese GT race, which I used a stock Impreza LM the points for all those races were about 160 because I was about 100hp down and a bit heavier than all the other cars. Although I wasn't able to win at all the races mainly on the higher speed circuits, but I managed to win the championship. Then I went back and finished off the races with the Motul 350Z, which only gave me about 20 points against the same opposition. But the races I won with the Impreza LM still kept their A-Spec Points tally and did not add anything extra to my overall tally.
 
Was only going include A spec points with screenshot taken for proof - sorry guys.

It's just that although I have no reason to doubt your truth and sincerity, it would open the doors for others to cheat.

Hope that's okay.
 
Caligula1
Was only going include A spec points with screenshot taken for proof - sorry guys.

It's just that although I have no reason to doubt your truth and sincerity, it would open the doors for others to cheat.

Hope that's okay.

I can post a screenshot later today.
 
....damn...i still do not really understand what a-spec and b-spec means^^ i searched the thread given, but i didn't find anything :scared:
 
ScreenShot? I'll see about that.

Egghead must have done most of the game in B-Spec judging by the very few A-Spec points he has for such a large percentage complete.

Can you do Missions in B-Spec?

80 Gold Licenses is nice. Very nice.

Does anyone here post their times in that German GT site?
http://db.granturismo.de/gt4_license.php
 
A-Spec: You do the racing. You get awarded Points for the difficulty level. If you're in a high powered car against weak opponents, you'll get 0 or 1 points. If you're about even, you'll get around 70 points. If you're totally outclassed, you'll get 200 points. You only get the points if you Win. The Points change as you power up/down your car. WeightReduction also changes the points. I think it is mostly based on your Power:Weight vs the average of your opponents Power:Weight. Parts like Transmission, Brakes, Suspension don't seem to affect the Points.

B-Spec: I've never done B-Spec racing in GT4, but the idea is that you're the Team Manager or Coach and you tell your driver what to do.. How fast/aggressive, when to Pit, Do/Don't overtake etc... I think your driver is supposed to get better as he earns more B-Spec points.
 
There is a very irritating bug in A-Spec points system for World Classic Car race in Professional series races.

No matter that AC 427 is the main contender and despite it's high powered engine and low spec weight, there is always a small amount of A-Spec points being given, no matter of a car you take to race against it.

Tried with E-Type, 300 SL and Mercury - all of them lower speced - but the max A-Apec I've got was 6. Six.

As I try to keep all my races in borders of 75-200 A-Spec points, this is very irritating.

Myself now bveing about 22% of the Asia vers, about 11,000 points.
 
amar212

Have you tried adding ballast? Or using N tyres? Although both options are a ***** to be honest.
 
Yeah, right. Adding weight would help me a lot:).

Tried with:

Mercury Cougar - 324HP, around 1400 kg, maybe even more,
MB 300 SL - 215HP, around 1300 kg,
Jag E-Type - 270HP, around 1300 kg,

none modded, only changed the oil,

against

AC 427 - 485 HP, around 1100 kg.

And the best I get is 6 (six) A-Spec. Of course, AC was uncatchable on all tracks, even trough qualification, not to mention after the first turn.

Who's crazy here? :)
 
One thing to note is that the minimum A-Spec points that you can have at the end of the game is around 8566. This is because you get 250 points * 34 races for Mission Hall, plus 66 points minimum for Rally.

We should figure out what the theoretical maximum is...

I'll post my current totals when I get home, but I know I'm around 15000 A Spec and about 7500 B Spec, with 90.5% complete. I still have almost half of Mission Hall to do, though, so my A Spec points will go up quite a bit before I am done.
 
The a-spec points calculator in the game is really weird. Like, Impreza Rally Car in race of turbo sports: 180 pts (won easily), CTR Yellow Bird in the European racer championship vs. Cizeta and SLR McLaren: 50 pts (had some trouble).

I haven't figured out exactly how b-spec points & experience works either...

In any case, I have about 16500 a-spec at 46.1%, and about 5000 b-spec.
 
neilX
A-Spec: You do the racing. You get awarded Points for the difficulty level. If you're in a high powered car against weak opponents, you'll get 0 or 1 points. If you're about even, you'll get around 70 points. If you're totally outclassed, you'll get 200 points. You only get the points if you Win. The Points change as you power up/down your car. WeightReduction also changes the points. I think it is mostly based on your Power:Weight vs the average of your opponents Power:Weight. Parts like Transmission, Brakes, Suspension don't seem to affect the Points.

B-Spec: I've never done B-Spec racing in GT4, but the idea is that you're the Team Manager or Coach and you tell your driver what to do.. How fast/aggressive, when to Pit, Do/Don't overtake etc... I think your driver is supposed to get better as he earns more B-Spec points.

Thanks a lot for this reply now i understand^^
 
Egghead, whats up with doing more B-SPEC than A-SPEC..................it's just not fun buying Gran Turismo to watch what is pretty much replays. For Endurances and long races es, but its not really a testament of your driving skill when you've pretty much completed the whole game by watching and not playing.
 
I plan on using B-spec mode for getting multiple prize cars, etc. For example, I just have to have the RX-7 LM in every available color, but I'm only going to race the Miata 4 hour once. B-spec will race the subsequent races (most likely while I'm at work or whatever). You could easily end up with more B-spec points that way.
 
I don't want my A-spec game tarnished with B spec. Want to run the whole thing in A spec.

However, I do want to play around with B spec so will have a completely separate save which is B spec only.
 
Egghead
With 'cheating' tho. 1 lap endurance races etc.. But hey, i wanted to be the first one with a pic. :sly:
OK, I have seen this mentioned before and I search but find nothing on it. How/what are the 1 lap endurance races. I remember seeing that there's an AR code to select the number of laps for a race, is this what you do is set it up for 1 lap and then start and endurance? Please explain.
 
dhwebb
OK, I have seen this mentioned before and I search but find nothing on it. How/what are the 1 lap endurance races. I remember seeing that there's an AR code to select the number of laps for a race, is this what you do is set it up for 1 lap and then start and endurance? Please explain.

Quite like the sound of that, but for making races longer.

I'd never want to cheat in GT4, but if an action reply code would allow shorter races to be lengthened I may well use it - info please :)
 
Caligula1
Quite like the sound of that, but for making races longer.

I'd never want to cheat in GT4, but if an action reply code would allow shorter races to be lengthened I may well use it - info please :)
I found it in somebody's signature on this forum. Pretty much on his site, yet entered the number of laps you wanted to run, and it generated the AR code for that. Sorry I can't give you the link since I don't remember, may somebody will chime in with the site though.
 
amar212
There is a very irritating bug in A-Spec points system for World Classic Car race in Professional series races.

No matter that AC 427 is the main contender and despite it's high powered engine and low spec weight, there is always a small amount of A-Spec points being given, no matter of a car you take to race against it.

Yes, the AC 427 runs away with it. If the AC427 isn't there then the Buick is. However, after entering that series multiple times I eventually raced against a field that didn't include the AC427 or the Buick and finally won!
 
Back