A better car to the indy car gring with

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jamezy10
  • 24 comments
  • 2,089 views
Messages
112
Messages
Robbo5572
dont use the zr1 rm if u have it use the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II (the one with white and then black stripes) consisten 43.5s laps.
 
Nah Z06RM I run 42.0XX to 42.2XX. My Z06 currently sits at 816 horsepower with 2000 Kms on it. All from grinding. It will go into the 41 s if I do an oil change and up the power a bit.

I think the best grinding machine is the other Ford GT LM Spec II, the Test Car. Have yet to get it though.

These are on American Champioship.
 
30 seconds for me. :)

Trygetting into 29, I don't know how i did it. Do you get 30 seconds each lap?

Back on topic...

But yeah if you have an X1, then there you go! Or borrow one from someone on your friend's list.
 
x2010 is the best to grind on. You can either do it yourself in A-Spec and average 31-33 seconds per lap or have it set up as a rubber band grind in A-Spec where it will average around 42 seconds per lap. Either way, x2 is the way to go.
 
Trygetting into 29, I don't know how i did it. Do you get 30 seconds each lap?

Back on topic...

But yeah if you have an X1, then there you go! Or borrow one from someone on your friend's list.

I can only do 29 with drafting. By the way quite a few LMP or JSPC cars will actually do better than the FGT for this track because of their better top speed.
 
I can only do 29 with drafting. By the way quite a few LMP or JSPC cars will actually do better than the FGT for this track because of their better top speed.

Because the FGT has way to high Downforce.

Lower the Downforce to 40/60 and you get a better result (you have to adjust the Top Speed too) ;)


raVer
 
Its been said but X2010 is the way to go. If you cut across the little service lanes in the middle of the track you can shave a good 2 seconds off a lap, plus the X2010 handles so well you don't have to brake :)

Also, draft the other cars. My top speed is 312. Any others?
 
X2010.
I cheap, I know.
 
I did the indy 500 in a FGT set the top speed a little higher and I did 39seconds every lap, with drafting my fastest lap was 38,4
 
Trygetting into 29, I don't know how i did it.

You would need a lot of drafting to get into the 29s in even an X2010. The problem is, you go past the cars too quick to get enough slipstream.

And this is my 2,000th post. Time for an avatar change...
 
For the american championship i meant. Any way my best in an X1 is a 31.629s in my Vettel and 30.783 in the prototype lots of draft.
 
dont use the zr1 rm if u have it use the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II (the one with white and then black stripes) consisten 43.5s laps.

My best lap for grinding Indy (American series - level 23 A-Spec), in the RM ZR1, is:

41.4 with draft (on final stright only, as I caught last placed car, just before finish line)
41.7 without draft

There's no tyre wear, so you can run heavy setups (which wouldn't work online with tyre wear), which means you can reduce aero for faster top speed. Before I turn into corners I'm normally around 224-226mph, and can still take the corner without lifting - 100% throttle the whole lap.

I haven't really maximised the setup either, as soon as I got the car to run full throttle the whole lap, I just left it at that. Maybe tinkering around with the setup the aero could be reduced even more and possibly go even quicker. Not by much though, but I think it's possible.

Never tried the Ford GT, I just have my RM ZR1 setup for Indy, if I need some cash quick, I just jump in it and do 3-5 races for some quick $...
 
yep, X1 is the way to go, low 31's with draft, race over in under three minutes, I don't know of a better/faster way for uber credits.
 
For the american championship i meant. Any way my best in an X1 is a 31.629s in my Vettel and 30.783 in the prototype lots of draft.

Yeah, the X2010 isn't American so I don't know why everyone kept saying that's the car to use (unless they are referring to the Indy race on Like The Wind). On topic - NASCARs are also effective for this event.
 
If you've only just unlocked the American races, one of the cheapest ways of consistantly winning is a fully modified Viper ACR. You can win every time for around 300,000, including buying the car - and you'll be making a profit in 4 races/20 minutes. If I remember rightly it only does 47 - 48 second laps though. I don't know how much a RM Corvette is.
 
I think the ford gt spec 2 test car, the black one for 3.6 mil is slightly faster than the zr1 rm. Also the american championship indy race is the best grind in the game. You can get over 5000 exp./per min. and like 25,000 cr./ per min. Using the x2010 for dream car championship circuit de la sarthe with good drive will give over 5000 exp./per min. but the cash will be lacking.
 
For the Like the Wind Indy race, and the American Indy race (American is better $97,000 prize) the race modified Corvette is the best by far because its top speed is much akin to the LMPs and whatnot, and can carry more speed into the corners than the AI (~195 w/o any aids, ~203 w/ t/c) For the actual Indy 500 I ran the MINOLTA on RH tires (40.*** consistently) and won by 9 laps overall. It is kinda fun, and I did this on one stint in that race, to put on RS tires, and turn on the t/c so you can literally floor it the whole way around. I wanna say my best doing that was with a draft, and wound up at like 37.500 or so.
 
I always use a nascar. Easy to drive and an easy win.
 
I used the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 to gind Indy with .. 43.xxx laps soft race tyres. I just thought i won't be using this car elsewhere so why stick high milage on the others when this car is fit for the purpose.
 
Like the Wind I used a Minolta and American Championship I used my ZR1 RM. With the Corvette I led from start to finish, you need to it increase the top speed and Increase the downforce (slightly less at the rear). You corner at a higher speed than your opponents and even though they are faster on the straights they shouldn't catch you before the next turn. Don't drive on the racing line down the straights so that they can't get a tow from you.
 
I use the Minolta Toyota.
The way it's set up and tuned now it does low 39's and drives flat through each turn.
 
Back