A Big Thanks to Vule

• Thread starter OldandSlow
  • 30 comments
United States
United States
I used Vule’s tune for the XJR-9. Truly excellent! It rescued it from the Group C boneyard. It’s now on par with the other Group C cars. I’ll even try it in my custom races.

I also used it on the R92CP, 787B, and the C9. I made minor changes to the aero,(keeping the same front-rear ratios), gearboxes, and the ECU’s to get down to 800pp.

I'm glad I could help :) Like I said, I always use @praiano63 suspension tunes as a great base, he is a genius at setting up the shocks, cambers, diff etc. So everything after that is just logic, setting up power/weight/gears is easy and mostly depends on the track.

And I love the XJR-9, not very good at technical tracks and has some understeer, but on power tracks it's a beast :)

Impressive how the XJR-9 works, thanks Vule! Could you put here the 800pp settings you use for the R92CP and 787B, I try but they don't work that well, thanks a lot for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive how the XJR-9 works, thanks Vule! Could you put here the 800pp settings you use for the R92CP and 787B, I try but they don't work that well, thanks a lot for the help!
For 787B I use @praiano63 tune, 800PP and also 900PP:

Both tunes work amazing, no need to edit.

For the R92CP, this:

IMG_1682.JPG
IMG_1683.JPG
IMG_1684.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
For 787B I use @praiano63 tune, 800PP and also 900PP:

Both tunes work amazing, no need to edit.

For the R92CP, this:

View attachment 1224993View attachment 1224994View attachment 1224995
The R92CP- Another peach. Thanks!

I‘ve used Praiano’s 787B.

Last edited:
Is the XJR-9 tune you're referring to 800pp or 900+pp? Because I can't find a tune that's not 800pp for the car, and I'd love to use it for Road Atlanta as well

800pp for the Jag, you can try the 787B with Praianos 900PP tune and see how it goes.

Since this thread is already here, I'm gonna post some of "my" tunes later today that I really like :) When I say my - I mean mostly Praiano suspension and the rest is a bit edited :)

The Jag tune is here:

Since this thread is already here, I'm gonna post some of "my" tunes later today that I really like :) When I say my - I mean mostly Praiano suspension and the rest is a bit edited :)
Perfect, Thanks.
I love Praianos tunes (he is simply the maestro of suspension and vehicle dynamics) and also your little, but very clever boosts (as far as I know, you do specific changes like midgrange turbos in the case of fuel sensitive races) and so on...

I am looking forward to that.

Regards
M

800pp for the Jag, you can try the 787B with Praianos 900PP tune and see how it goes.

The Jag tune is here:
I see. I actually wanted to use the Jaguar on 900+ and not the Mazda (or rather, also the Mazda) but really can't seem to find anything. Thanks anyways!

Nissan R32 GT-R V-spec II '94 - 550PP

Wide body, no diffuser, I think it's B wing, not custom.

Built for Kyoto 550PP Mission Challenge, absolutely demolishes everything on 1 stop strategy, easy to drive, you can almost lap the entire field.

SHARE_20230125_0900290.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0900301.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0900322.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0900333.jpeg

Last edited:
BMW M3 Sport Evolution '89 - 600PP

Wide body, no diffuser, I think it's B wing, not custom, just because I like the looks of this way better.

Built on the Praianos 550PP tune as a base, marvelous to drive, destroys the Nurburgring or any other 600PP race or championship.

SHARE_20230125_0901050.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0901061.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0901082.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0901093.jpeg

Nissan R32 GT-R V-spec II '94 - 700PP

Totally different tune for R32, completely done by me a long time ago, I've used this car on my main account to win many races and championships and grinded a lot. Probably my favourite car so far. Manual racing gearbox, wide body, B wing, no diffuser, crazy fast on the straights, sound is sick.

SHARE_20230125_0925270.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0925301.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0925322.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0925353.jpeg

Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car (Gr.4) - 620PP

Built for the Deep Forest Mission Challenge, I don't think you can find a better car for this. Amazing handling, downforce, enough speed on the straights, 1 stop at the half way point for new tires and a bit of fuel and that's it, just floor it to the max and you will win by such a large margin, the spectators will leave because it's so boring.

SHARE_20230125_0926090.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0926121.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0926142.jpeg
SHARE_20230125_0926163.jpeg

Porsche 962C '88 - 800PP

Not the best for power tracks, it's better suited for technical tracks, good for Neo-Classic races (except RB Ring, for that the Jag is the king). Of course, you can dominate the Sardegna / Spa grinds easily.

View attachment 1225600View attachment 1225603View attachment 1225601View attachment 1225602

both of these tunes are great and can easily win sardegna 800 but if im to get nitpicky, the nissan has so much torque on 1st gear it needs a gentle touch on the throttle (or TC5) in some slow corners and for the porsche, it felt a little bit underpowered.so what i did is double the ballast weight to increase engine power to atleast 600+ hp to make it more lively.

and for the porsche, it felt a little bit underpowered.so what i did is double the ballast weight to increase engine power to atleast 600+ hp to make it more lively.
Of course, you can play around with those settings as you like, adjust it to a specific track. I like it this way, I have the Jag for power tracks, I have the Porsche for technical tracks because with these settings it has the best downforce and stability, and the Nissan is somewhere in between. For example, Neo Classical championship, I won the RB Ring with the Jag, won the Fuji with the Nissan and Willow with the Porsche :) You get to drive each one on a different track, just to add some variety :)

Of course, you can play around with those settings as you like, adjust it to a specific track. I like it this way, I have the Jag for power tracks, I have the Porsche for technical tracks because with these settings it has the best downforce and stability, and the Nissan is somewhere in between. For example, Neo Classical championship, I won the RB Ring with the Jag, won the Fuji with the Nissan and Willow with the Porsche :) You get to drive each one on a different track, just to add some variety :)
I never even thought about using different cars in that series. I just wound up using the C9 for all of them. I may run it again, now that I have three more cars that I actually enjoy driving again.

Thanks.

Yeah, the C9 is amazing, its a great all-arounder. Probably my favourite of all the 5 GrC cars, not because of anything specific, I just like it, it was the first group C car that I bought when I started GT7 so I probably have some emotional connection with it :D

I'll finally fill out my Group C grid later and run a custom race or two at Monza.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Nissan R32 GT-R V-spec II '94 - 700PP

Totally different tune for R32, completely done by me a long time ago, I've used this car on my main account to win many races and championships and grinded a lot. Probably my favourite car so far. Manual racing gearbox, wide body, B wing, no diffuser, crazy fast on the straights, sound is sick.

View attachment 1225613View attachment 1225614View attachment 1225615View attachment 1225616
I’m not sure what I’ve done different, but I have 727.53 performance points. Edit: I had the Racing gearbox, switched it to the correct one and I’m still sitting at 717.86. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I’m not sure what I’ve done different, but I have 727.53 performance points. Edit: I had the Racing gearbox, switched it to the correct one and I’m still sitting at 717.86. 🤷‍♂️
Check the rear aero part, maybe you added the diffuser. If so, remove it.

... great work. Thank you!
Do you have a 600 PP Setup (gear ratios for tokyo e.g.) for this car or isn't it performant there?

Regards
M
You can use Praianos 600pp tune for this, I made this tune on his base that is already 600pp :)

Check the rear aero part, maybe you added the diffuser. If so, remove it.

You can use Praianos 600pp tune for this, I made this tune on his base that is already 600pp :)
That was the issue. Thanks you 🙏🏻

Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car (Gr.4) - 620PP

Built for the Deep Forest Mission Challenge, I don't think you can find a better car for this. Amazing handling, downforce, enough speed on the straights, 1 stop at the half way point for new tires and a bit of fuel and that's it, just floor it to the max and you will win by such a large margin, the spectators will leave because it's so boring.

View attachment 1225618View attachment 1225619View attachment 1225620View attachment 1225621
Excellent! A winner. Thanks.

I used Vule’s tune for the XJR-9. Truly excellent! It rescued it from the Group C boneyard. It’s now on par with the other Group C cars. I’ll even try it in my custom races.

I also used it on the R92CP, 787B, and the C9. I made minor changes to the aero,(keeping the same front-rear ratios), gearboxes, and the ECU’s to get down to 800pp.
Where did you find this build? I just got it as its the only group c car in the legends dealer so far. So far the only build ive found is a maxed one. I'm wanting to try it at sardegna as im still grinding credits to get some cars before they expire or become unavailable.

I'm glad I could help :) Like I said, I always use @praiano63 suspension tunes as a great base, he is a genius at setting up the shocks, cambers, diff etc. So everything after that is just logic, setting up power/weight/gears is easy and mostly depends on the track.

And I love the XJR-9, not very good at technical tracks and has some understeer, but on power tracks it's a beast :)
Do you have a list of your tunes somewhere? I'm still fairly new and haven't been able to find them.

I just learned of the c class cars and grabbed the jag whiles its available and working to put a tune into it for sardegna until others come available

Back