A British Survey Says British Cars Are the Greatest Movie Cars Ever

That it was released is the real crime.

:D

Edit: To be fair, there is one great thing about Swordfish...

...it isn't Battlefield Earth.

I assume it's not allowed on gtplanet because it's against the rules.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but have you seen 1966's Grand Prix starring James Garner?
Yeah, 'Gran Prix' was good but I've always enjoyed sportscar racing, not prototypes, more. Not to mention, Steven McQueen was the better actor.

Last edited:
I assume it's not allowed on gtplanet because it's against the rules.
You lost me. What's not allowed because it's against the rules? And what does it have to do with what I said?

Yeah, 'Gran Prix' was good but I've always enjoyed sportscar racing, not prototypes, more.
I think you may be confused. As the name suggests, there actually were no prototypes in Grand Prix--only formula cars. Le Mans, however, chronicled the 1971 24 Hours of Le Mans race--select entrants of which were sports prototypes.

Not to mention, Steven McQueen was the better actor.
Subjective.

I regret to inform this thread that, since it is missing this icon, its list is trash.

TalladegaNightsRickyBobby62.jpeg

I regret to inform this thread that, since it is missing this icon, its list is trash.

TalladegaNightsRickyBobby62.jpeg
Yes, quite. We decided that the list was trash, and gave GTPlanet members the chance to create their own list. Users suggested cars and then voted on a 32-car shortlist:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/whats-the-greatest-movie-car-of-all-time.381476/

Which went to a public Twitter vote called "The World Cup of Movie Cars":

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/cast-your-vote-in-the-world-cup-of-movie-cars.382123/

The ongoing results of which demonstrated it may not have been the route to take.
Just read the thread - a pretty comprehensive list, but I don't get the "grouping". I get that it follows a formula for other "best of" lists but the Bullitt Mustang (inarguably a super iconic car) being doomed by being grouped with the F+F Skyline seems a little unfortunate.

I see however that you (@Famine) received plenty of complaints about that at the time, so I shall spare my vitriolic rage... For now.

Sidenote: remember the red Renault 5 Maxi Turbo from Never Say Never?

TV cars you say? Don Johnson's Testarossa! The Mystery Machine! The General Lee! Basil Fawlty's Austin 1100! Let's gooooo!

Just read the thread - a pretty comprehensive list, but I don't get the "grouping". I get that it follows a formula for other "best of" lists but the Bullitt Mustang (inarguably a super iconic car) being doomed by being grouped with the F+F Skyline seems a little unfortunate.

I see however that you (@Famine) received plenty of complaints about that at the time, so I shall spare my vitriolic rage... For now.
Essentially what I did was create four groups of "seeds". The eight cars that had got the most votes were "first seed" and could not be drawn against one another. The next eight were second seeds and also could not be drawn against one another - and so on.

After determining how I wanted the knock-out stages to proceed (winner of A against runner up of E, and so on; I did this before the cars ended up in groups to avoid any favoritism), I did a random selection so each group had one first seed, one second, one third and one fourth seed.

The Bullitt Mustang did end up with the 2F2F Skyline, but it got through the group in second place. It was then knocked out in the second round by Nic Cage's Eleanor.

One wonders if the forum software allows for poll resets, so that Twitter need not be utilized.
I can reset polls as and when I like. I can also rig them by adding and removing votes as and when I like (although I've only done so on a couple of occasions, probably a decade ago, when someone asked me to do so as they had voted for the wrong thing)...

We wanted Twitter for open fairness and also to engage our Twitter following with the forums.

Back