A different level playing field

Canada
Cumberland, BC
GTP_BlacqueJack
I am looking to change things up a bit.

Does anyone want to race the Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS at Fuji 700 PP expert?

I am growing tired of my usual choice of the GTR 07 :grumpy:

I have had a go with, andf enjoyed, the Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS, but it is underpowered amongst the California's, Clios, and GTRs.

How about :03, :18; :33 and :48 ?

Or nominate another under-represented and fun to drive car :)

Last edited:
It's a good idea.
Long time ago I thought about doing an event TVR Tuscan Speed Six vs. Amuse/Opera Gran Turismo 350Z RS at Fuji 650PP, maybe we could adapt it to 700PP (Tuscan is slower than 350RS, and I don't know if the performance points reach 700). This is just an idea.
Here are the setups, lengthening the final and with R3 tires it should work.

I remember this from some time ago, it was an event 03 round I think. Was really good, close racing, I'll definately try to get on when I have time 👍

I'm ready for a change. I was also thinking about posting an alternate event. I was thinking about running a car stock, other than tires/weight/power to get them to 700pp.

I need to play with some cars first to see what might work. Anybody else up for something like this? I know the PSN board already has Tuneless Tuesdays, but we can still start our own.

I'll give the Tuscan and 350Z RS a try and let you know what I think.

The TVRs don't make full 700pp. :indiff:

'02 Viper works fine at 700pp, but I don't know how many find it as fun as I do. :dopey:

I went for a bunch of test drives tonight, almost showroom stock (just power/weight/tire changes).

I took each car for 4 laps and recorded my best time with the following completely unscientific results:

Viper Coupe '06 (R2's, +4hp, 85%): 1'42.343

350Z RS (maxed didn't touch the aero settings @ 698pp): 1'42.232 (I had a 1'42.0xx, but it wasn't quite clean).

Tuscan (maxed @ 691pp): 1'44.008

Mines R34 (R1's, -35hp, 85%, stock aero 15/25): 1'41.492

Z06 (R2's -6hp, 86%): 1'41.985

Viper '02 (R2's, +14hp, 86%): 1'42.460

RX-7 Spirit R (maxed @ 697pp): 1'43.466

Ferrari 512BB (maxed @ 681pp): 1'42.833

The lap times probably aren't totally relative as I was more comfortable with some cars right away, but it gave me an idea on their potential.
From this exercise I can say that the Tuscan vs 350Z RS would not work out too well, they are fast in completely different areas.

I'd be into a one make 350Z race, especially without tuning (I'm too lazy to tune, I'd rather just drive).

Last edited:
yes great idea! Im tired of using all the time the standart cars like mentioned above! Im in for an rare car event! 👍

I was also thinking about a Mini Cooper Cup :D anyone in for this?

Chris

01: OLR General Rules: N:

When racing or entering GTPlanet's social or competitive race meetings, all drivers are expected to meet the Performance Point criteria. This means setting your car to the maximum PP in social events (unless stated otherwise), or setting your car to a specific PP in competitive events (unless stated otherwise).

As we are expected to meet the Max pp where ever possible the only small car alternative I can see is the Suzuki Cappuccino / HP Tuned, although the Mini sounds fun (like this on Suzy east great fun) I don’t think it meets the Max pp to well, Both would make for very close racing and ones that we never use much at all.

We all moan and complain about having new cars or tracks, but yet we don’t make full use of what we already have.

So bring out the Cappuccino, but you’ll need to open up the gearing for drafting or you’ll be topping out all the time.

Phillip.

Edit: Plus you'll have to do sub 1'50.000 to beat the clock.

Just about beat the clock with a 9'09.3XX

Last edited:
I've been racing the 350z N tyre event just lately. I miss fuji though.

I'd be up for this, keep the gears and suspension stock, then get 700pp any way you like with weight power and aero. Any takers? I'm gonna jump in now for a while. I'll try and keep posting on safari

Up to you friend :)
I'm down with that though 👍

Edit: wow. 33 is busy!!
Edit2: this is no fun by myself :( be back when there's more z's out there

Last edited:
I ran one race last nite with a 350 RS versus and Evo. Cars/drivers performed better in different parts of the track.

Would be fun with a large grid (always better with more eh!).

Will try some more this evening/tonight.

I like this idea. 👍 So just to confirm, this is stock suspension and gears at 700PP any way you want? I'll be there, but don't expect any stellar laps, this car is a handful. :crazy:

I like this idea. 👍 So just to confirm, this is stock suspension and gears at 700PP any way you want? I'll be there, but don't expect any stellar laps, this car is a handful. :crazy:

With the stock suspension, yes. But when you start with a great Clacksman tune, then make a few personal tweaks (like myself, lol) you end up in the high 1:39's and a car that handles great. 👍

01: OLR General Rules: N:

When racing or entering GTPlanet's social or competitive race meetings, all drivers are expected to meet the Performance Point criteria. This means setting your car to the maximum PP in social events (unless stated otherwise), or setting your car to a specific PP in competitive events (unless stated otherwise).

As we are expected to meet the Max pp where ever possible the only small car alternative I can see is the Suzuki Cappuccino / HP Tuned, although the Mini sounds fun (like this on Suzy east great fun) I don’t think it meets the Max pp to well, Both would make for very close racing and ones that we never use much at all.

Phillip.

I understand the intent of that rule: So you don't gain grid position by intentionally having a lower pp rating.

The "unless otherwise stated" rule could apply if the posted race was for a lower pp value.

I don't know if there's much buy in on the Cappuccino, this is BlacqueJacques' race anyways, so we'll just let him decide on the final spec.

@BlacqueJacques: Maybe change the title of this thread to reflect the actual posted race. That might get us some bigger grids, I tried a couple earlier and there was just a bunch of Ford GT's out there.

Love the idea, and agree with DGiant, we had a lot of fun at event03 i guess...I remember tho that my times was 1'40.xxx (where X are low 40s :D )

Ran this for a bit last night. Was nice to have the smaller field of cars to deal with being in a slower car than most would use at this track. Was also nice to be able to catch up to people in GT-R's and California's, pass them, and pull away. 👍

Ok, tune (all settings if you want) it to your heart's content; you just can't use the tuned Clio, California, or GTR :)

Any other car is welcome 👍

I am going to stick to this race and avoid the 'regular' event at Fuji.

💡 They should change the online events every 3 weeks (seems to be the duration of big grids)

Ok, tune (all settings if you want) it to your heart's content; you just can't use the tuned Clio, California, or GTR :)

Any other car is welcome 👍

Do you guys have any suggestions for cars to use? I'm not very fast with the Amuse 350z, so what are some other competitive cars?

The Vettes, Ford GT, .........

It's about a fun drive in not the obvious car; not really about 'the fastest'; unless we are all driving the same car.

Last edited:
My best with the F430 is a 1:40.3**. I'm still on pretty much stock settings, so I think I'll be going faster soon. I might try the ZO6, too.

EDIT: Clacksman, huge props to you on your ZO6 settings for Fuji. You tamed the beast! I went from a 1:43.*** to a 1:40.3**. This car is finally fun to drive now. :)

Last edited:
Back