A guide to finding information on Pcars

• Thread starter Willfred_1
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
somerset, England
Willfred_1
I have decided to try and revive this thread to help provide information of where you can find good info on Project Cars.

With project cars coming out the game is increasingly featured more in articles across all types of media. While this is extremely good for the game it can also have a negative side. The negative side will often occur as the rumors and speculation coming from less reputable sources and articles. as well misinterpretation from the reader/viewer

To help you identify less accurate articles and media, i will give you a quick guide.

1. The site/video producer.
When reading the article you should look for a few things. Firstly the quality of the writing or the video. With text it is much easier to identify, giveaways of less accurate information can be things such as the sources not being mentioned, grammar and punctuation being used poorly and the structure of the text.

For written information i suggest using the larger sites and of course the official website of Pcars.
for youtube there many channels that have Pcars videos such as VVV, the simpit ,yorkie065 and Emptybox. There are many more however these are the videos producers i trust most when it comes to Pcars info.

2. Context
When looking at the video or reading the text see if you can determine how long they played project cars for.
Take for instance this article.
http://www.xboxplayers.com/project-cars-preview/

This preview at no point mentioned if the game was played and only ever describes the graphics and sound. Much of this could be written by watching trailers and videos on youtube. While yes it does have interview look at questions there simple and generic there isn't any nitty gritty questions asking about the physics or game engines.
Now compare it to the following article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...s/11070572/Project-Cars-hands-on-preview.html

The article is a honest and well laid out bit of writing. The writer also briefly covers his interest in gaming and provides a conclusion on his experience with it.

3. Our forum
We currently have list of official tracks and cars that has been validated by the wmd members and official press releases. We also have video thread that can provide a visual insight to the game.
So please search first before asking!

General Thread
Video thread
Track List
Car List
Feature list
Finally we have many wmd members that are active and can provide clarification. We however cannot openly discuss stuff that isn't public knowledge.

Well done if you got this far! And I look forward to racing with you in Pcars.

other useful links (official)
Twitter
facebook

Last edited:
With project cars coming out the game is increasingly featured more in articles across all types of media. While this is extremely good for the game it can also have a negative side. The negative side will often occur as the rumors and speculation coming from less reputable sources and articles.
To help you identify less accurate articles and media i will give you a quick guide.

when reading the article you should look for a few things. firstly the quality of the writing or the video. with text it is much easier to identify. giveaways of less accurate information can the sources not being mentioned, grammar and punctuation being used poorly and the structure of the text.

For written information i suggest using the larger sites and of course the official website of Pcars.
for youtube there many channels that have Pcars videos such as VVV, the simpit ,yorkie065 and Emptybox. There are many more however these are the videos producers i trust most when it comes to Pcars info.

2. Context
when looking at the video or reading the text see if you can determine how long they played project cars for.
take for instance this article.
http://www.xboxplayers.com/project-cars-preview/

This preview at no point mentioned if the game was played and only ever describes the graphics and sound. much of this could be written by watching trailers and videos on youtube. while yes it does have interview look at questions there simple and generic there isn't any nitty gritty questions asking about the physics or game engines.
now compare it to the following article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...s/11070572/Project-Cars-hands-on-preview.html

The article is a honest and well laid out bit of writing. the writer also briefly covers his interest in gaming and provides a conclusion on his experience with it.

3. who,what, where, and how.
if you're still not sure after looking for hints on the credibility of the information. Ask yourself what would that achieve. Would it annoy the users? Does it make business sense? Is the same information elsewhere. Does it resonate with the current business practice of sms.By asking yourselves these questions you would be less likely to believe inaccurate rumors etc. And remember to take the information with a pinch of salt as its easy to manipulate text.

4. our forum
we currently have list of official tracks and cars that has been validated by the wmd members and official press
releases. we also have video thread that can provide a visual insight to the game.so please search first before asking!

finally we have a few wmd members that are active and can provide clarification. We however cannot openly discuss stuff that isn't public knowledge.

well done if you got this far! And I look forward to racing with you in Pcars.

Useful links
Twitter
facebook

I was right about that bally Maniac fellow! Smelt a bit fishy to me.

Major Giles Fawcett-Portstanley-Fotherington (retd)

With project cars coming out the game is increasingly featured more in articles across all types of media. While this is extremely good for the game it can also have a negative side. The negative side will often occur as the rumors and speculation coming from less reputable sources and articles.
To help you identify less accurate articles and media i will give you a quick guide.

when reading the article you should look for a few things. firstly the quality of the writing or the video. with text it is much easier to identify. giveaways of less accurate information can the sources not being mentioned, grammar and punctuation being used poorly and the structure of the text.

I got this far before my irony and troll meters were having apoplectic fits.

Is it safe to read on and trust this post?

You mean things like not using capital letters when starting a new sentence!

:sly:

In the conspiracy pile someone told me that there would be a limit to 10 different car models only on circuit for consoles, is that true?

Is there an "official public relations" person that has been assigned by SMS and/or WMD to publish information or manage the publication of official content on GTPlanet?

No, but the people that straddle both groups do ask the Ambassadors/Devs on the WMD forums what is and isn't ok to release.

Back