A little proofreading goes a long way...

• Thread starter jjdemick
  • 37 comments
It seems as though Polyphony don't care much about proofreading GT6, and instead are only focused on making money.

Latest proof: Seasonal Event for the GT350.

I quote exactly what the description reads: "This is a time trial using the GT350, a hot model tuned by Carol Shelby..."

Are you serious, PD? Carol?!

This isn't the first error I've found either; apparently, according to PD, kg/m is a unit of torque, as listed in Goodwood 3-2, for the Aston Martin One-77.

It just shows me that PD doesn't bother to check their facts. I love GT, and I've been a fan since GT3, but stupid little mistakes in proofreading just show that PD doesn't bother to check things and just releases changes.

So they missed out an l an r and an f... so what?

Stop being nit picky, there's much worse things PD do compared to a few spelling mistakes.

I, and possibly several others on GTP, have OCD regarding this type of detail so I can understand a little disappointment in seeing this.
Having said that, suggesting PD is interested purely in making money based on a couple of typos in it's non-native language is preposterous.

Do you find it odd that the national portrait gallery is wider than taller?

Weird.
Never thought of that @Spagetti69. It would be great if it turned out to display portraits of Arnold from Hey Arnold!

Last edited:
Oh no! They missed three letters! What will we do?
I know what I'll do.
I'll think it's absurd that you're putting "missing letters" together with "only interested in making money".

I should have clarified more. It seems, to me, that video game manufacturers put out products without fully testing them or checking them, only to instead release crappy products that need to be updated and corrected through them use of tons of updates.

I'm not asking for a refund or for your cynicism. And it's not just missed letters.

It's the quality of the games that are released now, and inaccuracies, like how everyone comments about GT's horrific sound. Like I said, quality and taking time to release a good quality product means the difference to your customers, unlike the crap they gave us from GT5.

Last edited:
Geez they can't make a simple typing mistake without somebody bashing them. I understand your anger for the quality of the gameplay but complaining about a few misspelled words/names? C'mon.
Did they spell any Japanese names wrong in that ridiculous museum in GT5? Bet not. Carroll Shelby is more of an Automotive/Racing Icon than every Japanese designer/CEO/driver/celeb to ever have anything to do with a Japanese car combined, ever.
If they (PD, Sony) wish to make the majority of their money off the largely American market, they need to get this right.:cheers:
EDIT: This last statement is incorrect and I know that now, no need to point it out further, Thank You Very Much:cheers:

Last edited:
Did they spell any Japanese names wrong in that ridiculous museum in GT5? Bet not. Carroll Shelby is more of an Automotive/Racing Icon than every Japanese designer/CEO/driver/celeb to ever have anything to do with a Japanese car combined, ever.
If they (PD, Sony) wish to make the majority of their money off the largely American market, they need to get this right.:cheers:
Well they aren't exactly an english-speaking company, English names and Japanese names are spelled differently. Besides, it's a common mistake to mispell names as autocorrect doesnt know the difference bettween Carroll and Carol Shelby.

Well they aren't exactly an english-speaking company, English names and Japanese names are spelled differently. Besides, it's a common mistake to mispell names as autocorrect doesnt know the difference bettween Carroll and Carol Shelby.
"Carroll Shelby" isn't exactly open to translation, and the Great and Powerful Kaz is supposed to be something of a student of automotive history. No excuses for this, please!

Except in a language that has no "l". Or "c" for that matter. It'd be spelled "karroru shiyerubii".
I'm going to choose to take that as some serious sarcasm:lol:. Does the Japanese language seriously not have an "l" or "r"?

I'm going to choose to take that as some serious sarcasm:lol:. Does the Japanese language seriously not have an "l" or "r"?
It has "r"*, but not "l" (or "c").

*With the exception of "n" (which is sometimes "m"), there are no singular consonants. So they don't have an "r", but they do have "ra", "re", "ri", "ro" and "ru". There are no "l"s of any kind.

It has "r"*, but not "l" (or "c").

*With the exception of "n" (which is sometimes "m"), there are no singular consonants. So they don't have an "r", but they do have "ra", "re", "ri", "ro" and "ru". There are no "l"s of any kind.
It's still no excuse for an internationally published automotive game of this caliber:P:lol:. But thanks always for the knowledge!:gtpflag:

Yes and no.

The guys at the source may be motorsport buffs, but the localisation teams are just Sony's localisation teams. They have language knowledge and the work on lots of games - they're not required to have specific motorsports knowledge.

The original Japanese may well be proof-read back and forth and out the wazoo, but if you show a linguist "Karroru Shiyerubii", you'll get "Carrol Shelby" back if you're really lucky - the second L only if you happen to have caught a car geek. It'd need even more proof-reading from a team of English speakers with similar passions to PD to get it right - and for probably around 99.995% of the text in the game, it is.

And Jordan and I are motoring, motorsports and Gran Turismo geeks, as are the guys who proof-read GTPEDIA for us. We still got a list of corrections back from readers.

Which we updated for free :D

Largely American market? The majority of GT sales are in Europe.

Proof reading is one thing, fact checking is another...

How about the erroneous conversion of kilometers to miles for the Autobarmy trophy? The examples are endless.

I worked for the US subsidiary of a large Japanese product manufacturer, and my ex still works for a larger one. Mistakes happen, but they're minor and rare. I've never seen such sloppy mistakes on core features of a product such as the name of a racing legend or the name of a featured car in a seasonal. That would be like Toyota mispelling "Camry" in the owner's manual.

Largely American market? The majority of GT sales are in Europe.

Proof reading is one thing, fact checking is another...
That was my perception, and apparently Europe loved the game much more than North America. My apologies for throwing that around like that. :cheers:

jjdemick said ,are only focused on making money.
Is there any Company or business that isn't ?

I agree with your sentiment about getting it right, but the reason why companies are in business is all about making money.

Sorry not having a go at you :)
Just asking the obvious :cheers:

Last edited:
It seems as though Polyphony don't care much about proofreading GT6, and instead are only focused on making money.

Do not re- visit Grand Turismo 2 or Gran Turismo ³, you'ᅠᅠre heed may expload.

Back