A Look at Project CARS 2's Dedicated Server Options

It's a bit of a long story, but I'll try to summarize....

For years Playstation owners have been stuck with Gran Turismo being the only good "racer" on their console. Who wants to pay $500 just to fill thier racing itch? So we were stuck with GT. No forza...cause we bought the wrong console...
If Forza was on Playstation consoles, GT would have even less players now because it's no longer the only half-decent racing game on Playstation. But because Forza isn't on PS consoles...the devs of GT, PDI, take it lax...long updates...not much content even when they release...basically releasing just enough content to keep us still playing GT.

More competition means GT has to live up to the hype or with PCARS2 becoming so good, they may just lose a chunk of "loyal GT" players that find GT isn't the better game on their console, so they move over to PCARS2. Since you don't have to buy another console to make the switch! Just the game.

Then on top of that, more players to race with online because there's not one but two games to try out for Playstation!
So more attention to the racing genre = more players playing the racing genre online!

So hopefully PDI will actually make a good game now that PCARS2 is threatening to disrupt their playerbase...their turf.. and will try to make the game better than their rivals, to grab the new influx of racers coming to Playstation...from the hype train..

Yeah that's the best I can summarize that hahaha. Or did I miss the mark?

Wow ... now I got to understand the point of things, I had no idea of the complexity of these things but my point was another but this is something else .... heheheh .. thanks for your attention and explanation.

Wow ... now I got to understand the point of things, I had no idea of the complexity of these things but my point was another but this is something else .... heheheh .. thanks for your attention and explanation.

It's simple to think about when you finally get it! :lol::lol: Thanks for the nice comment, I sure do appreciate it mate :cheers:

Maybe this has been mentioned and I missed it, but if you have AI in a lobby, does your interaction with them affect your driver rating? If so, is it the same penalties as interacting with a human driver? @The_American or anyone else?

How many people can run in an online lobby. Do we know this yet?
Someone posted this on the FB page
FB_IMG_1499191440716.jpg

I don't know if that was in response to a question or how old this post is.

Back