A Look at Project CARS 2's Dedicated Server Options

All those options look bloody fantastic! Hope they end up in the PS4 version too.

:D

Yes many of those options will also be avaiable on XB1/PS4 multiplayer lobbies. Driving Aids, Driving Line, Penalties...for sure those will be available on consoles as well. At a quick glance (I'm away from my machine) the "REALISM", "OPPONENTS" and "RULES & REGULATIONS" tabs of that DS web interface have the same options that are in game already, nothing new there.

Yes many of those options will also be avaiable on XB1/PS4 multiplayer lobbies. Driving Aids, Driving Line, Penalties...for sure those will be available on consoles as well. At a quick glance (I'm away from my machine) the "REALISM", "OPPONENTS" and "RULES & REGULATIONS" tabs of that DS web interface have the same options that are in game already, nothing new there.
Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear as a PS4 owner. :D

Where it says track cutting penalty and then the time penalty for cutting. Is that an instant penalty like pc1 where engine power was cut or is like an added time penalty after the race? I pretty sure I've seen you guys say power penalties are gone for pc2.

It looks like Project Cars 2 will be another big step into sim racing paradise which is a wonderfull thing. Good car and track list, awesome features, cool graphics and the already pretty good weather and time change.
Only one question remains... what about physics? Car feel, driving feel, mechanical and aerodynamical feel? Anything close to Assetto? I really hope so.

It looks like Project Cars 2 will be another big step into sim racing paradise which is a wonderfull thing. Good car and track list, awesome features, cool graphics and the already pretty good weather and time change.
Only one question remains... what about physics? Car feel, driving feel, mechanical and aerodynamical feel? Anything close to Assetto? I really hope so.
They've changed for the better. That's all we know and they'll release information when they want.

All very much improved from PCARS1, to me the feel is different than in AC but it's at least equally as fun to put in lap after lap if not more. I feel the weight transfer of the cars better and how the self aligning torque is simulated feels better on my wheel too, making it easier to drift around or catch slides than in AC.

The road cars I've tried so far all felt good and distinct from each other, a point which a lot of folk didn't like in PCARS 1. Equally with the race cars I haven't encountered one so far that feels bad or bland.

So yes coming off AC you won't be disappointed with the physics or the driving feel. Like I mentioned here before I played AC pretty much all the time since the beginning of 2016, but since I started with PCARS 2 a week or three ago I haven't booted it up anymore. I've been ignoring my online AC buddies too during their weekend races which I attended every time :P.

Sometimes I sound a little too much crazed about assetto's physics but... I never drove so well before.
It's easy to do. IMO AC has been the easiest game for me to "feel" what is happening with the car with the most stellar combination of visual, tactile and auditory feedback of any sim I've played.

You know that feeling that you never fully trust your car so you always drive with that stupid defensive mode on? That's what happens to me on project cars. I'm always expecting a damn slide, understeeary bs happening at any time and in Assetto I'm way way much more confident that the car or the tires are not the ones letting me down.
My winning rate at A.C. is probably a nice 35% to 45% higher than in P.C.

You know that feeling that you never fully trust your car so you always drive with that stupid defensive mode on? That's what happens to me on project cars. I'm always expecting a damn slide, understeeary bs happening at any time and in Assetto I'm way way much more confident that the car or the tires are not the ones letting me down.
My winning rate at A.C. is probably a nice 35% to 45% higher than in P.C.
With regards to the connection you have with the car, knowing what it is doing and being able to anticipate its behavior (basically what you were describing), I now prefer PCARS2 over AC :).

That's just my opinion though, based on personal preferences and different hardware other people might not agree but for me having the two competing with each other in that regard is already a major step upwards from PCARS 1.

With regards to the connection you have with the car, knowing what it is doing and being able to anticipate its behavior (basically what you were describing), I now prefer PCARS2 over AC :).

That's just my opinion though, based on personal preferences and different hardware other people might not agree but for me having the two competing with each other in that regard is already a major step upwards from PCARS 1.
I don't know PCars2 yet... ;)

Why not use the dirt on the side of the track to pen drivers who cut roads? Gravel, grass, sand, mud, provide braking, bouncing and skidding forcing drivers to slow down to maintain stability and thus get back on track. Keeping the tires dirty for a certain time until they are cleaned and the traction grip loss back on the track are some penalty options.
I'm sorry for my English

On the sides where there is asphalt, some places are spring break, other places, there are obstacles of tires or plates, the driver slows down and zig-zag.
In real life, natural obstacles already do the job of penalizing drivers.

If this turns out anything like what it aspires to be, at very least it's more competition for GT Sport, PDI to up their game. For once there might be actual competition on their own console. And that's a great thing to have.

If this turns out anything like what it aspires to be, at very least it's more competition for GT Sport, PDI to up their game. For once there might be actual competition on their own console. And that's a great thing to have.

You explained but I do not understand, what's the point? I'm sorry for my english.

'Spelled'. Sorry!

Joking aside, our head of comm's uses 'spelt' which is a dinkel wheat. Spelled it solid but he won't listen either...
Hahaha yes very good. Although i think both spellings are acceptable outside the US. 'Spelled' reminds me too much of Harry Potter and I'm not into all that malarkey.

On a side note, last night I remembered how wonderful an accelerated cloudy sunset-into-night looks at Dubai (in the game of course) and am genuinely interested to know how you might overcome the pixelation of the sun through the windscreen decals.

I know they're lower resolution but is it even possible to see an object through them without said object dropping resolution too (if that makes sense)?

You explained but I do not understand, what's the point? I'm sorry for my english.

It's a bit of a long story, but I'll try to summarize....

For years Playstation owners have been stuck with Gran Turismo being the only good "racer" on their console. Who wants to pay $500 just to fill thier racing itch? So we were stuck with GT. No forza...cause we bought the wrong console...
If Forza was on Playstation consoles, GT would have even less players now because it's no longer the only half-decent racing game on Playstation. But because Forza isn't on PS consoles...the devs of GT, PDI, take it lax...long updates...not much content even when they release...basically releasing just enough content to keep us still playing GT.

More competition means GT has to live up to the hype or with PCARS2 becoming so good, they may just lose a chunk of "loyal GT" players that find GT isn't the better game on their console, so they move over to PCARS2. Since you don't have to buy another console to make the switch! Just the game.

Then on top of that, more players to race with online because there's not one but two games to try out for Playstation!
So more attention to the racing genre = more players playing the racing genre online!

So hopefully PDI will actually make a good game now that PCARS2 is threatening to disrupt their playerbase...their turf.. and will try to make the game better than their rivals, to grab the new influx of racers coming to Playstation...from the hype train..

Yeah that's the best I can summarize that hahaha. Or did I miss the mark?

Latest Posts

Back