A Look at Project CARS 2's VR and Snow Driving

What will be the minimum specs to run VR for PCars 2? I hope I'm able to run PCars 2 VR low-medium with my 1060 like I can Assetto. PCars 1 is virtually unplayable with my 1060.

What will be the minimum specs to run VR for PCars 2? I hope I'm able to run PCars 2 VR low-medium with my 1060 like I can Assetto. PCars 1 is virtually unplayable with my 1060.

I'm able to run it with my i7 2600k, 16GB and MSI GTX970 4GB Gaming just like in AC, although I won't deny that it's a bit more demanding. It is getting better performance wise though now that things are in crunch time to polish up the game. :)

So yeah... gotta save up for a graphics card but I actually wish to wait for another generation when I can. It's still an amazing experience even when the graphics aren't at full blast though. :)

It will be interesting to hit the curbs hidden under the snow. Judging just how far you can cut corners will be great fun.

The slide at the end looked awesome, showing more of the grip limit the game has. Sweet!

When it comes to graphics, features and number of tracks this game will hit a home run. Fingers crossed that SMS can dial in everything else as well.

We'll be able to replicate this as well.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/07/17/arctic-blast-sees-bathurst-blanketed-in-snow/
Mount-Panorama-circuit.png

bathurst-snow-344x254.png

Nothing too spectacular as it was middle of Winter. However, this was a surprise. Just 7 days after the Bathurst 1000, in middle of Spring.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2010/10/18/bathurst-white-out/
Mount-Panorama-the-week-after-the-race-2010-344x258.jpg
#graphicsainteverything

I really like the environmental effects as well. I already raced on the Red Bill Ring in GT6 and AC but seeing it snow covered looks like a whole new experience. 60+ locations and all of them have full time of day / full dynamic weather with the addition of dirt, wet, water puddles, snow, ice and rubber layers over the asphalt. So pumped for this game, can't wait until september 22th.

From the same series this video was also very impressive, seeing the new McLaren 720s go around Algarve circuit in Portimao, great stuff!

You can tell it's virtual reality because you would have to be mental to drive a Caterham in that weather in actual reality. Loving the Evo though.

Back