A Proposal for How the Online Racing Interface Should Be Organised.

• Thread starter Robin
  • 30 comments
My posts often have that effect on people. ;)

As for Live, I can understand the good things it does bring, but this "cooler than sherbet" reaction a lot of people have for it just looses me. I don't get the adoration many have for it. But as an example of what works, sure, it's pretty good.

As for lag determining starting position, it seems that way, but I'm thinking it's just an influence. In my case, I know my ping isn't the best. I've seen some utterly hilarious races where cars did nothing but jerk and smoke their way around a track. Despite the fact that I'm often in back of the pack, I have started a few races in first place.

I think what's happening is the first come first placed rule, and if you're lagging, most of the time - or all the time in extreme cases - you'll be rather late to the party, which means being in the back of the bus. Or missing a server entirely and waiting another cycle. Take heart that you can practice on or offline, and when Prologue shows up in your region in your language, much of this won't be an issue anymore.

And as I said before, I'd much rather be last than first.

Back