a question about connecting online

• Thread starter sayjaibao
  • 7 comments
i have my network adapter and everything setup but can i run a direct cable link from the modem to the ps2? or will i need a router because thats what the guy at EB told me to do.

you could try it, it couldn't hurt. I don't have an adapter yet, probably won't get one b/c my dad is real anal about that. Plus, I havn't had the time lately. I don't see why you would NEED a router, but routers are the best idea b/c you don't have to keep on reconnecting the modem to a new device. Plus, it'll let you use both computer and PS2 online at the same time.

i already tried connecting. i tested the connection and it said i was online but i couldnt connect with socom. i tried over and over again and it just wouldnt work :confused:

Is your internet dial up or cable/dsl? You should be able to connect your network adapter to you cable/dsl modem using an eithernet cable(cat 5).

I dont have my PS2 online yet , but im gonna get a wireless router and a bridge (probably over $220). Does your ping have an effect on joining games on the PS2?

I dont know what's going on sayjaibo.

I've only installed the network adapter yesterday but not the software for it. Im working on finding out how to connect wireless, I just contacted sony, linksys and cox (my isp provider).

I will post my findings in this forum.

also try calling scea support 1-800-345-7669, there open until 8p.m. (p.s.t)

good luck.

I already have a router so it was no problem for me. I never tried directly to the modem but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Maybe he just meant you'd need a router if you wantedto surf the net at the same time or didn't want to keep switching back and forth.

Back