A Question regarding unanswered questions on GTP

• Thread starter HP
  • 88 comments
[
Have you ever seen the gates of heaven open? Has anyone?

I see the analogy and concept is entirely lost on you. But then, you are perfectly happy with GT6 in it's present form too.

You obviously cannot conceive a better existence on a higher plane let alone a GT6 complete and without bugs.

Guys, I imagine that this sort of off topic inflammatory talk is the catalyst for so many deleted threads on this topic... Can we leave it out of my thread please? The thread has the approval of Famine so let's not jeopardise that and keep it on topic and civil, okay?

Guys, I imagine that this sort of off topic inflammatory talk is the catalyst for so many deleted threads on this topic... Can we leave it out of my thread please? The thread has the approval of Famine so let's not jeopardise that and keep it on topic and civil, okay?

I am quite happy to play "nice" ;-)

It is very pleasing that this thread has been allowed to run this long. It just needs some more likes (about 800 or so) together with some active comments to keep this at the forefront and at the top of the list.

The ultimate number of likes should work out to around 2.5million I believe ;-)

I am quite happy to play "nice" ;-)

It is very pleasing that this thread has been allowed to run this long. It just needs some more likes (about 800 or so) together with some active comments to keep this at the forefront and at the top of the list.

The ultimate number of likes should work out to around 2.5million I believe ;-)

2.5 Million likes would be seriously numerically superior to any number I initially expected :lol:

I think the thread can get the (slightly more realistic) numbers required to get it over the line, so to speak. We just need to keep it above board, civil and get the likes coming in by promoting healthy discussion on the matter :)

It would appear this question is dying a slow death through shear apathy :-(

The most important question that has ben asked yet and it is being largely ignored by the community.

In that case we deserve what we get then.

f84.gif

This is depressing :lol:, An enthusiastic community being ignored with little to no true interaction.

Doesn't really matter if they're translating questions or not, its been long enough that the community could've done the translation itself, delivered said translation to PD via Jordan at SEMA, and at least then we'd be half-way to a true conclusion.
Sure, they could take the translation and then never answer, but at least then the responsibility would purely be on PD, rather than a language barrier.

'Addressed' =/= Answered. The community asked for answers, not vague poker-face releases of content/features.

VBR
Perhaps we all should start ignoring Kaz & PD!

:P

This would only work if our wallets followed suit. e.g start a campaign to boycott GT7 until all concerns are addressed for GT6. It would possibly have negligible effect until GT7 was released though but it just might scare them a little.

But surely with GT6 only selling about 2.2million copies as opposed to GT6 with sales of 10million http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Gran_Turismo you would think that PD would want to lift its game and generate more sales.

Anyway Pcars will be here soon enough and then all this will be a moot point with me ;-)

It would appear this question is dying a slow death through shear apathy :-(

The most important question that has ben asked yet and it is being largely ignored by the community.

In that case we deserve what we get then.
It's true it it seems... I would have thought it'd get a few more likes but it is what it is.

As long as it keeps getting on topic replies it will get bumped and get more exposure so that's all we can do really.

The mystery is revealed and it seems as if we've been going about this the wrong way. Creating the world's biggest GT fansite is not the way to Kaz's heart after all. Apparently all you have to do is run into Kaz and Translator-san by accident at a game or auto show and they'll tell you anything you want to know. Why didn't we think of that?:lol: Link

Note: I do not verify the authenticity of this material in any way:sly:

Well guys, i never had any news to bring, but now i have a story to share with you guys...

I went to the SEMA auto show last month, and only now i´m back home and with free time to write and stuff.

Going past the BMW booth i noticed the M4 pace car with Gran Turismo logos and stoped by to check it. Then i saw a couple of GT booths, and since they had the Thurstmaster 500 i decided to wait in line to drive it.

There was a guy playing it, so i had to wait. As i look to the side i see some guys in black shirts and their credentials read "Sony Santa Monica". A closer look and... TRANSLATOR SAN!!!

He´s an awesome guy, he even said to me "do you want me to bring out my notepad?" and we chatted for a few minutes. I asked where Kaz was because of the awards and his response was "he´s here, actually he´s playing right in front of us".

Really?

Taking a closer look the "guy" i was waiting to finish his demo run was Kazunori Yamauchi himself, and i finally had a chance to meet him and ask a few questions.

I said i was ready to buy the wheel, if i should do it. Before Translator san even translated the phrase he was already nodding his head saying no, that it didn´t make sense since i already had a G25.

1- There will be a new wheel to go along GT7
2 - The G25 will work on PS4, they didn´t told me how, but they assured me it is going to work.

3 - GT7 is one or two years away.

4 - GT Academy is almost certain for Brazil

5 - They know people are asking for more hardcore features and they will implement some of those in GT7

6 - He knows that car leaderboards are missing. I asked about it, he laughed at it and assured me it´s coming, it´s not forgotten.

Overall it was a great day, i never expected to meet him in person and be able to ask a few questions... i regret not getting Translator san´s email so i could bother him with more questions in the future, but hey, it was nice.

So i ended up not buying the wheel and feeling a bit more confident that my beloved leaderboards will one day be back.

I´m not gonna spread this info all over the web because they were nice to me to talk about the wheel and stuff and it might not be a good thing to post things that are not yet open to the general public.

Looks intriguing.

And I don't think this thread is dying a slow death..... the Q&A board has been dead for a while....

VBR
@Johnnypenso - Is that post on neogaf some kind of ironic joke? Or is it legit? Hard to tell these days!
:confused:
I wish I knew. Hard to know what to believe on the net.
Was trying to work that out myself, seems like potentially more red herrings than a John West factory :irked:

EDIT: Great pick up by @Johnnypenso nonetheless!
It was @Saidur_Ali that brought it to GTP. I'm a member at NeoGaf but I only go there once in a blue moon.

But surely with GT6 only selling about 2.2million copies as opposed to GT6 with sales of 10million http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Gran_Turismo you would think that PD would want to lift its game and generate more sales.

Look at the sales figures another way..

2.2m copies of a rebranded GT5 (with a whole new set of issues) sold to the same people who bought GT5 - that's not bad, that's pure genius from PD...

I think most companies out there would love to 're sell' something (at full RRP) back to 1/5th of their customers...

Oh don't even get me started on this :-( GT6 is only IMHO GT5.5 at best. GT6 should never have been on PS3 and should have been released on PS4.

There is nothing in GT6 that a DLC for GT5 would not have achieved.

So yes, I do agree with your comments and do understand that PD has ripped us off and is using these funds to develop GT7 (with a whole new set of disappointments no doubt).

So I am bitterly disappointed that Pcars has been delayed until March and I am stuck with GT6 (and all the bugs and broken promises). Not to mention that F1 2014 (or 2015??) will be released than too for PS4.

Oh don't even get me started on this :-( GT6 is only IMHO GT5.5 at best. GT6 should never have been on PS3 and should have been released on PS4.

There is nothing in GT6 that a DLC for GT5 would not have achieved.

So yes, I do agree with your comments and do understand that PD has ripped us off and is using these funds to develop GT7 (with a whole new set of disappointments no doubt).

So I am bitterly disappointed that Pcars has been delayed until March and I am stuck with GT6 (and all the bugs and broken promises). Not to mention that F1 2014 (or 2015??) will be released than too for PS4.

Agree with all you say 100%

I just renewed my iRacing subsciption :D with a major discount. If you hold out after the annual subscription ends, they keep sending you 'deals' to entice you back, wait long enough you get a years subscription for slightly less than 1/2 price - mine was £28 pound, not sure how that converts to $$..

I think there's alot more evidence to be optimistic for GT7, Battlefield 3 & 4 had the same problems as GT5 & 5.5, but Battlefield 4 on the PS4 is so much more than the PS3 version, both in terms of content, players online at same time and lack of bugs/glitches.

Plus independant reviews of the PS4 seem quite positive, the biggest issue at the moment is the lack of compatibility for wheels with anything other than Thrustmaster. This is why I stuck with the PS3 and renewed iRacing. If PD released a version of GT on the PS4 which was as good as what BF4 is, it's still no use as my G27 won't work!

Just when you think things are looking up.. oh well..

How many people are going to pay for GT on the PS4 if they have to spend another £150-300 for a wheel too.

Maybe this is why Kaz is being so quiet, he's crawled under a rock or into a hole and is hibernating there, waiting for this big ol' mess to pass before peaking his head out and making sure it's all clear :D

How many people are going to pay for GT on the PS4 if they have to spend another £150-300 for a wheel too.

I already bit the bullet and bought a Thrustmaster T300 in anticipation of PCars, Driveclub Free for PS+ members and whatever else may come along. e.g the Crew Beta.

It was looking like a really good run up until Xmas and now it is Easter :-(

I am used to hardware not suiting updated platforms. I have been using computers since 1991 so how much stuff do think I have junked in that period of time because it did not suit the new Soft/Hardware. I just threw away a perfectly good Epson printer because there are no drivers for it under Win7. (except generics that don't allow me to print on CD/DVD etc).

BC (before consoles) I just got sick and tired of every new PC game I bought I had to upgrade the graphics and or sound card. So yeah, I was mad, now I just get over it. Sony don't care, they sell PC parts too. BTW they lose about US$50 per PS4 anyway. They make their money on the software. Why do you think there is now Sony Pictures?

So yeah, I am used to being in this position. As are many others. It is the way of the world, you either get over it or just get angry about it.

Will I buy Gt7? Probably. Will PD rip me off again? Probably. Individually there is nothing you or I can do to change it.

What would be an idea and very hard to organise one, would be to get a ground swell of public support and boycott the next release (GT7). But that would take a huge effort and involve literally millions of people. That is the only foreseeable way to generate change and make Sony/PD sit up and take notice.

But hey, why do you think this very thread exists? It is because of the total disregard PD has for it's customers. At the end of the day they have our money and we have an incomplete buggy game. And they don't even give us the common courtesy of communicating with us!! Geez, just look who the smart ones are ;-)

Maybe this is why Kaz is being so quiet, he's crawled under a rock or into a hole and is hibernating there

Nah, he is just counting his money and thinking about his next race car drive. If you were him wouldn't you be doing that? I know I would. Oh and I would be patting myself on the back because I just suckered another 2.2 million people out of their hard earned money. And yes. I would sit there very smugly and not say a word just in case everyone actually worked it out ;-)

I think PCars will (if it hasn't already) get PD/Sony to sit up and pay attention.

I also think that ONLY a AAA developer could come up with something that is as good as GT is on the PS3.

No, it's not ALL good, but I think we need to take into account the pitiful POS that the PS3 is into account here.

I think PCars will (if it hasn't already) get PD/Sony to sit up and pay attention.

I also think that ONLY a AAA developer could come up with something that is as good as GT is on the PS3.

No, it's not ALL good, but I think we need to take into account the pitiful POS that the PS3 is into account here.

The PS3 is a 8 year old console and is at is use by date, hence, my absolute astonishment that PD put GT6 on it.

Regardless of the PS3 failings it in no way impacts on the fact that PD/Kaz are *IGNORING US!!* :-( And treating us with contempt.

BTW I own 3 PS3s and at the moment they are a more capable machines than the PS4. I use mine a media servers and entertainment centres throughout my house. The PS4 only recently had an update where it would now play compressed music from the USB drive. The PS4 is a brilliant gaming machine and that's it.

I own 3 PS3s and at the moment they are a more capable machines than the PS4. I use mine a media servers and entertainment centres throughout my house. The PS4 only recently had an update where it would now play compressed music from the USB drive. The PS4 is a brilliant gaming machine and that's it.

Me too, I've got 2 of them and use them for exactly the same thing. The ps4 failed in that area for me but it's definitely far superior in terms of processing power and game play.

Regarding gt6 on ps3 though I'm ok with it as is, sure there's some kinks but doesn't every game?

Obviously it's not ideal but, for me personally, it's enough to tide me over until gt7.

Obviously it's not ideal but, for me personally, it's enough to tide me over until gt7.

Let's just skip forward in time until we have this same discussion about GT7.

Heathepride will say "Obviously it's not ideal but, for me personally, it's enough to tide me over until GT8" do you see my point now? ;-) Yes, no game is perfect BUT GT should be at least be complete by now 12 months after launch. We still do not have all the features promised nor do we have the features they stripped out of it from GT5 e.g. Shuffle Racing.

I do not know if you can tell but I am very disappointed in PD and Kaz in particular ;-) They have my money and I *STILL* do not have a complete game as promised in pre-release hype.

Let's just skip forward in time until we have this same discussion about GT7.

Heathepride will say "Obviously it's not ideal but, for me personally, it's enough to tide me over until GT8" do you see my point now? ;-) Yes, no game is perfect BUT GT should be at least be complete by now 12 months after launch. We still do not have all the features promised nor do we have the features they stripped out of it from GT5 e.g. Shuffle Racing.

I do not know if you can tell but I am very disappointed in PD and Kaz in particular ;-) They have my money and I *STILL* do not have a complete game as promised in pre-release hype.

Dont get me wrong dude, I'm disappointed in gt6 to some degree for sure. GT5 had issues and so does GT6 and I'm getting to the point where my frustration is quite high.

Thing is I do have faith in better content coming, be it GT7 or content updates, but if there aren't some genuine improvements by GT7 it's safe to say I won't be saying that about GT8...

Lets just say that if we are driving on the moon and still waiting on sound improvements then this heathen won't be a happy camper and making me part with my money won't be easy. In fact, I will hire the game for a weeks first I think.

For as much as I will get a PS4 when GT7 comes out, I'm going to wait on reviews before I really commit in full, myself.....

Dont get me wrong dude, I'm disappointed in gt6 to some degree for sure. GT5 had issues and so does GT6 and I'm getting to the point where my frustration is quite high.

Thing is I do have faith in better content coming, be it GT7 or content updates, but if there aren't some genuine improvements by GT7 it's safe to say I won't be saying that about GT8...

Lets just say that if we are driving on the moon and still waiting on sound improvements then this heathen won't be a happy camper and making me part with my money won't be easy. In fact, I will hire the game for a weeks first I think.

Half my online friends have already jumped ship and are playing Asseto Corse on PC. What will ultimately sway my decision will be where my little band of fellow racers want to race.

At his point in time we are all hanging out for PCars. Although some are convinced that they will not return to consoles and the hefty price they will have to pay. i.e A$1,000 for GT7, PS4 and new wheel and don't forget the mandatory PS+ member ship.

I will probably buy GT7 when it is at its inevitable discount price a couple of months after launch.

Its interesting the difference in game companies, I play what I suppose you might call an indy game, certainly its in a niche market compared to GT being a wargame.

The developers monitor & respond on there web site virtually everyday.
They come up with fresh ideas themselves, look at suggestions though admittedly 9 out of 10 will get dismissed for whatever reason & produce a new patch every year.

If only PD would look once a week it would be something.

They have been doing this for over 15 years now & the game continues to evolve, that's right 15 years & they still monitor it on a daily basis, another 5 years & they say that will be the last version.

Back