A Question regarding unanswered questions on GTP

• Thread starter HP
  • 88 comments
Its interesting the difference in game companies, I play what I suppose you might call an indy game, certainly its in a niche market compared to GT being a wargame.

The developers monitor & respond on there web site virtually everyday.
They come up with fresh ideas themselves, look at suggestions though admittedly 9 out of 10 will get dismissed for whatever reason & produce a new patch every year.

If only PD would look once a week it would be something.

They have been doing this for over 15 years now & the game continues to evolve, that's right 15 years & they still monitor it on a daily basis, another 5 years & they say that will be the last version.

It would seem that the size of the developer is inversely proportional to its care factor about its customers ;-)

Again I will state that there is a total disregard by PD/Kaz for us here by not communicating.

Again I will state GT6 is now over 1 year old and is still incomplete and still buggy :-(

Yes, I know I sound like a broken record and am complaining to like minded people but it is only a sign of my frustration and once these new PS4 games are released the problem will be solved ;-)

Look at the sales figures another way..

2.2m copies of a rebranded GT5 (with a whole new set of issues) sold to the same people who bought GT5 - that's not bad, that's pure genius from PD...

I think most companies out there would love to 're sell' something (at full RRP) back to 1/5th of their customers...

Yeah but you can do this only once - first time.

Next time (GT7) it will be much harder to sell at the same rate, unless the game is really good.

I have a hard time believing that GT7 will be as bad as ANYTHING on the PS3. ;)
It won't be, but it also won't be measured against the PS3 era, it'll be measured against what is done on the PS4 and the XBone. Comparisons with PC sims are also now legitimate for the first time.

It won't be, but it also won't be measured against the PS3 era, it'll be measured against what is done on the PS4 and the XBone. Comparisons with PC sims are also now legitimate for the first time.

We can be assured that the graphics and sound effects will be stunning. As far as content goes.......... well..... that could be a lot of what we have now just rehashed :-( In which case it will drive away what is left of its fan base.

PD had better start to realise it needs to deliver from day one on it's promises or I can see a giant flop happening.

We can be assured that the graphics and sound effects will be stunning. As far as content goes.......... well..... that could be a lot of what we have now just rehashed :-( In which case it will drive away what is left of its fan base.

PD had better start to realise it needs to deliver from day one on it's promises or I can see a giant flop happening.
There's no guarantee that PD's experiment in organically generating engine sounds is going to be successful in terms of accurately recreating all the sounds that make up a car on the track. It would be groundbreaking if they can come up with a completely synthetic (no samples) sound package that can actually pass for real car sounds, instead of a synthesized and too perfect video game sound. And there are a lot of fine details that also need to be a part of that package, simple things like the sound of the cabin rattling a bit when you go over bumps and curbs, the sound of a missed gear change, the difference between a shift in a 69 Camaro and a 2014 GT-R, or anything else we would expect to hear when driving a car at speed on the track.

I have a hard time believing that GT7 will be as bad as ANYTHING on the PS3. ;)

I can assure you that, for example, I won't be pre-ordering GT7 as i did with GT4, GT5, GT6.. not anymore after what happened with GT6 and amount of bugs and unfixed issues even one year after the release.

I have a hard time believing that GT7 will be as bad as ANYTHING on the PS3.

The graphics certainly won't be as bad (unless they include standard cars), but what about the game design? It's being designed by the same people, who made bad game design decisions in GT5 & 6. A new powerful new console isn't going to cure that I'm afraid! And as Johnny points out, the GT series will have very stiff competition from Project CARS, & maybe even Assetto Corsa if they port to PS4.

There's no guarantee that PD's experiment in organically generating engine sounds is going to be successful in terms of accurately recreating all the sounds that make up a car on the track. It would be groundbreaking if they can come up with a completely synthetic (no samples) sound package that can actually pass for real car sounds, instead of a synthesized and too perfect video game sound. And there are a lot of fine details that also need to be a part of that package, simple things like the sound of the cabin rattling a bit when you go over bumps and curbs, the sound of a missed gear change, the difference between a shift in a 69 Camaro and a 2014 GT-R, or anything else we would expect to hear when driving a car at speed on the track.

I think PD don't have to go too far with the sounds, they've been so bad for so long, just getting the 'basics' of engine and exhaust (for each car) will be a big step forward. A gearbox whine and shifting noise like some cars (McLaren GT3) on iRacing have wouldn't be too bad a starting point for a full custom box or as standard for some racecars either, I love that sound :D

They tried to be more real in other area's, but have totally shot themselves in the foot i.e. exterior view with Cusco Scooby '08, you simply couldn't hear the engine noise of your car when near to others, making judging gear changes etc by 'ear' almost impossible, and almost rendering the car useless in that view as you're having to take your eyes off the track to check your revs / gears. All because it's exhaust is at the front of the car and not exciting the rear like others? Great idea PD.. Alot of other cars in exterior view get drowned out when 'in traffic' too, what's the point of this, to be real? Why have this as 'real' when so many other aspects of the game aren't, especially when the exhaust note can be utilised as an important tool for knowing when to shift... Crazy from PD..

I think they need to keep it simple, get the basics right first, sort out 'crazy issues' then progress to more advanced features like you've mentioned 👍

VBR
The graphics certainly won't be as bad (unless they include standard cars), but what about the game design? It's being designed by the same people, who made bad game design decisions in GT5 & 6. A new powerful new console isn't going to cure that I'm afraid! And as Johnny points out, the GT series will have very stiff competition from Project CARS, & maybe even Assetto Corsa if they port to PS4.

Spot on 👍

The PS4 has already proved on other big name games that it's capable of surpassing all the online issues that plagued the PS3, plus it can also surpass expectation i.e. Battlefield with 64 players online at once...

Having the hardware to overcome PS3 issues is one thing, but unfortunately that won't cure 'PD' issues...

For me, the issues with the game design only compound the frustration for GT5 & 5.5 generally, especially online. If the next full GT is as capable and progressed (i.e. 20, 25, maybe 30 players - including various regions of the world) online as other PS4 games (compared to their PS3 versions), then this would be such a big relief it'd make dealing with game design issues so much more bearable..

There's so many faults and issues with GT5 & 5.5 I'm not sure it's realistic to expect everything to be 'fixed', but we're now a decade or more into the online revolution and to still not have a full version of a game, as big (in terms of it's brand/status), that is stable and bug free online is just so wrong...

Id' like that, but GT6 truly is a new program, even if the game isn't..... ;)

I can't see how it is a new programme as setup formula's for certain cars that worked at the start of GT5 work just as well now as they did then. Cars like the Lancia Integrale still understeer like a boat and problems with cars like the rev limiter on the Spoon S2000 racecar are still there (since GT4 I think), same as on GT5..

By the end of GT5, there were some pretty big problems with code not agreeing with itself. GT6 appears to be as big (or bigger) of a game, and there are (fewer) stability issues.

They said that they "built it modularly" if I remember correctly in one of the pre- or early release notes. It seems to be making a bit of a difference.

Getting back on topic, despite all of these threads there has only been 1 answered Question.

I know from a developer side it can be difficult to directly interact/answer questions from the public, and at the very least Kaz did do that AMA earlier this year, but as for this GTP subforum, I doubt we'll see (m)any questions answered anytime soon.

Still though, maybe the developers are lurking and reading the threads occasionally, and taking in feedback in that way, even if there are no questions being publicly answered.

I know from a developer side it can be difficult to directly interact/answer questions from the public, and at the very least Kaz did do that AMA earlier this year, but as for this GTP subforum, I doubt we'll see (m)any questions answered anytime soon.
So, it's not that hard afterall.

It's just a matter of time and dedication. Seeing how a good number of developers seems to be fine with doing Q&As and/or addressing community concerns on a fairly regular basis, it does question whether Kaz lacks both or the former/latter.

I can understand that the Q&A here on GTPlanet isn't among his top priorities, but 7 months (and counting) for a Q&A, which they themselves have initiated, is simply pityful - and that's not mentioning the radio silence from the man himself.

Last edited:
Alot of the questions pertain to the future of Gran Turismo, so maybe he cant answer them right now because even he doesnt know for sure. An answer like 'maybe' wont be satisfying, so maybe hes waiting until he has more concrete answers to give.

You know for all its quirks, foibles, flaws and frustrations I still play and I still love to race and enjoy GT6.

One of the main reasons is this community! Clearly there's issues I'd like fixed but I love the diverse community and the interaction, including races, and I'll take that for now!

Obviously not ideal but for now I shall have faith that things will improve. Kaz is not stupid, he's just a tad eccentric and he's not forcing anyone to buy the game.

I'd still like more questions answered though, that's definitely frustrating.

Lets just say that I (and the community here in general) are very pleased that you (the moderators) are letting this run this time.
Yeah, we're not going to be doing that much longer if you can't stop making posts like this one...
One thing I am convinced about the man is...
This isn't a free-for-all sounding board for you (or anyone else) to share your negative thoughts and feelings towards anyone. The question itself is apt and appropriately formatted, but if people want to use it to be offensive, we'll have to take action. Here's a reminder of what action:
Offensive, inappropriate, or irrelevant questions will be deleted by our moderation staff and your GTPlanet membership may be terminated.

Yeah, we're not going to be doing that much longer if you can't stop making posts like this one...This isn't a free-for-all sounding board for you (or anyone else) to share your negative thoughts and feelings towards anyone. The question itself is apt and appropriately formatted, but if people want to use it to be offensive, we'll have to take action. Here's a reminder of what action:
Thanks Famine.

Guys, this one has been allowed to run and has the foundation for a good question that could get answered so let's not tempt fate here...

The above post from Famine tells me that patience is running short so keep it within the rules or we may well find the topic outlawed; if we can't keep a thread open that has an appropriately worded OP then it says a lot I think so let's prove that we can keep it on the level.

Yeah, we're not going to be doing that much longer if you can't stop making posts like this one...This isn't a free-for-all sounding board for you (or anyone else) to share your negative thoughts and feelings towards anyone. The question itself is apt and appropriately formatted, but if people want to use it to be offensive, we'll have to take action. Here's a reminder of what action:

Yes I do have negative thoughts and yes they do spill over into posts occasionally and I apologise for infringing the rules. Although I would appreciate a PM about what it was you actually found offensive. I did realise at the time of writing I was being quite harsh but I did not think I had overstepped the line. I am obviously wrong and I do apologise again.

Surely you must be frustrated along with the rest of us that this forum is over 7 months old and there is still only one answered question and really there is only banter amongst members to keep it going.

I am not trying to be offensive, controversial, argumentative or even hard to get along with here ;-) I am just a player that is very frustrated with the current state of the game as in it is unfinished and still has bugs in it carried over from GT5. All of which seem to be being ignored by the developers.

Probably my greatest frustration is that this is a good game but with a little bit of community input and fine tuning it could be a really great game. The key element would be what this forum's prime function was supposed to be for.

Merry Xmas

Surely you must be frustrated along with the rest of us that this forum is over 7 months old and there is still only one answered question and really there is only banter amongst members to keep it going.
As I said before, I don't think this is progressing at the rate anyone, even Kazunori, imagined it would - but I think we stand a better chance of traction (however infinitessimal that chance is) if he's not popping into threads and reading biological field notes about himself.

If we had an "Ask TT92" forum and the top rated threads all descended to "He's such a chopper" by page 2, I doubt you'd be quite as willing to answer to those people.

If we had an "Ask TT92" forum and the top rated threads all descended to "He's such a chopper" by page 2, I doubt you'd be quite as willing to answer to those people.
Why would someone call @TT92 a motorcycle?:lol:

Was this initiative purely one sided from GTP? Just wondering if, when it was started, PD actually took note of the idea and what has been their communication on the subject so far? For example the sound update question was 'answered' due to an interview where it was mentioned not because he actually looked at the thread in question. And apart from that not much else really.

Wow, I didn't know anyone still posted/read the Q & A section. I stopped checking in here months ago after the complete lack of progress.

I had a question about the possibilities of expanding GT as an online drifting platform, and making the drifting in GT more representative of drifting in the real world.

Like the rest, my question hasn't been answered yet. That said, with the newest D1GP drift seasonal, I see a glimmer of hope. They used a real D1 section (although not the proper D1 line). More important (IMO) was the language that was used in the written description of the events. PD actually used the term "Clipping Point", which shocked me.

Now, I'm not assuming anyone from PD read my question (which included pointing out that PD/GT is a major sponsor of the D1GP, yet the drifting in GT is about as far from anything realistic as you can get), but either way, I saw a step (tiny, itsy-bitsy baby step) in the right direction.

Still very frustrated with this whole situation :grumpy:

If we had an "Ask TT92" forum and the top rated threads all descended to "He's such a chopper" by page 2, I doubt you'd be quite as willing to answer to those people

Since you have asked a hypothetical question I will respond hypothetically.

I would see this site being dedicated to my efforts an honour and the forum specifically set up and rigorously monitored for my direct line of communication a privilege. By openly and candidly treating the subscribers with dignity and respect by answering at least the questions I thought were in my best interests the whole thing would self regulate very nicely.

The other thing I would do is have a subordinate in my organisation address the more mundane and/or IP sensitive type questions with a polite reply along the lines of "I am sorry we cannot discuss this at this time but will address at a later date". Or even if I was too stingy to use my own staff I am sure that you or some other mods would be more than happy to act as an intermediary.

But my hypothetical point is I would not ignore my fan base because I would really like to take a lot more of their hard earned money off them a later date. And the great thing would be they are more than willing to tell me how they would like me to do it too :-) I mean really, how many people get an opportunity of being handed a blank cheque an told just fill in any ridiculous number you like? ;-)

My final hypothetical point would be, once the forum members and especially owner and mods saw how willing I was to participate there would be even more rigorous monitoring and censorship so as to not jeopardise our cosy, almost symbiotic relationship.

So hypothetically I would ignore distasteful people and topics and embrace those I wanted to discuss while counting my money on the way to the bank. But that is just what I would do and of course I could not pretend to answer for anyone else ;-)

Hypothetically that should answer your question ;-)

That ^ :lol:

The man's been honest and efficient in his response, more-or-less eliminating the 'chopper' possibility - and if it did still somehow happen, you can read it for yourself, he'd ignore it and focus on directly responding to more pressing matters as best he can.

I'd welcome that over complete silence. (or theoretical 'translation', if that's the other excuse.)

I haven't checked this forum in months - and it appears that there is still no new information. I wish I was surprised.

I'm not going to say much other than... "PD team, you said you (or someone at PD, at least) would answer some questions, the founder of GTPlanet makes a special section for the questions to be assembled, and this is all you respond with in months? Is this plan functioning the way you had envisioned? Is PD pleased with this endeavor?"

I don't know what or why caused the delay, but I can't imagine what has caused the lack of communication from PD, either from the beginning or at any other point.

Back