A.R.S. Group Page

• Thread starter Bowtie52
  • 1,193 comments

For the IROC Season 4 witch time slot works better for you?

• Saturday at 8 pm CST

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sunday at 8 pm CST

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMG_0287.JPG

My rig is ready for this weekend.

Thanks to those who have gotten at least one attempt up so far. Qualifying is open up to 3 hours before the race, but it would be great if anyone who is able to could make at least 1 attempt before then, makes our job on Saturday a heck of a lot easier. I know I am guilty of that, but I am planning to make a run at it this evening. If you see me in a qualifying room feel free to jump in and we will have a party. Anyway thanks again everyone for showing this much interest and I really cannot wait for Saturday.

Looking at the class split between the GTD and P fields, as well as my lack of proper preparation in the TS030, I would like to request that I switch to the GT class driving the #9 Mercedes SLS. This will be the same chassis used in last year's GTPlanet 24 Hours of Daytona.

Hopefully I can find time to qualify today, been really busy catching up on schoolwork among other things.

I plan on hosting a qualifying session tonight. Everyone feel free join, probably will be going for at least an hour. We'll practice and when everyone is ready we'll start the qualifying session. 6pm PST.

I know a few of us have the Turtle Club Event tonight, so I would probably like to get in right away and make my attempt, otherwise I may just wait until tomorrow afternoon to knock out my attempts.

I can wipe your times no problem, but I will wait for Sass' go ahead on that.

I think I will cancel tonight's qualifying session and maybe just do something before the start of the real 24 hour race.

I've used both of my qualifying attempts and messed up both of my good laps unfortunately, just not used to the sticky tires! That said congrats to @Antares26 for out-qualifying me and I am looking forward to tonight's race. I will be hosting a Skype call for the duration of the race so we don't strain Gran Turismo's online functions so if anyone would like to join me please just shoot me a message with your Skype name. The race will be recorded from my PoV with commentary from the Skype call so it should be fun to watch when I get it uploaded later next week.

See you all there tonight!

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but the Rolex 24 is not coming up on my guide on Fox. Starting to make me nervous. I also got my time screwed up and thought the race was starting at 2pm PST. Its eastern not pacific, duh. Anyway, that changes my entire day. I guess I will host a final qualifying session after the Fox broadcast which ends at 2pm PST / 5 EST, I think.

I found it just fine on mine. They have it listed as Auto Racing. :lol:
Cannot wait to see those new DPIs in action, should be a great race today/tomorrow.

Do anybody have an idea of what the time progression is supposed to be set at for a 2.4 hour event with day/night/day cycle? I was under the impression the time was 1:1 so I would set it at 24 but that could be wrong. I know if you set it at 60 it takes 24 minutes to do a 24 hour cycle. Clearly I'm not smart enough to do the math.

Also, @Kross24 if you could send me a friends invite on PSN as soon as possible that'd be great.

Do anybody have an idea of what the time progression is supposed to be set at for a 2.4 hour event with day/night/day cycle? I was under the impression the time was 1:1 so I would set it at 24 but that could be wrong. I know if you set it at 60 it takes 24 minutes to do a 24 hour cycle. Clearly I'm not smart enough to do the math.

Also, @Kross24 if you could send me a friends invite on PSN as soon as possible that'd be great.
10, from my research.

I hate to say it, but it's possible that I might not be able to make it tonight. We'll have to see, but it's not looking good. Fingers crossed.

Currently out of town due to personal reasons, not sure I'll make it to the race. Sorry guys :(

Confirmed. Unable to compete tonight. Sorry guys. I was really looking forward to this race. Oh well. Hope you guys have fun! I wanna see lot's of pics!

Yeah thanks for organizing the race guys. Although the car count wasn't the greatest I still had fun testing my limits and getting back into the groove for long-distance racing. The Mercedes still has its stuff from last year's GTPlanet race I can tell you that... a lot of fun romping in that car.

Back