A.R.S. Group Page

• Thread starter Bowtie52
  • 1,193 comments

For the IROC Season 4 witch time slot works better for you?

• Saturday at 8 pm CST

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sunday at 8 pm CST

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took the time to take the poll I made. It's very helpful in deciding which direction to go forward. I am looking forward getting back at it in 2017 and cannot wait to see what will be in store for ARS this year. Let's hope for 2017 to be one of the most successful in ARS history and I cannot wait to reveal more news. I don't plan on closing the poll and will keep track of submissions as they come in.

So... we are nearing the beginning of this year's Nascar series (real world). Who here is interested in running a Daytona 500k? We would run it like we run our cup series and the race would be 120 laps.
I'm all for it.

Are we going to be competing in a Nascar fantasy league this season?
I don't know if I'd want to do the one on Nascar.com again. Maybe we do our own?
@Bowtie52?
Hi, i'd like to join, can someone guide me? also are those 3 series the only series you have?
Welcome Warbeast. At the moment the Cup Series, IROC, Indy Lights, and Roadster series are our only series. We are looking at broadening our horizons in this new year and trying out some new series. Nothing new has been officially announced yet, but I can guarantee you that new series will come.

So... we are nearing the beginning of this year's Nascar series (real world). Who here is interested in running a Daytona 500k? We would run it like we run our cup series and the race would be 120 laps.
Just curious, what would the power limiter be set at? (Assuming we are going to restrict the horsepower like they do in real life)

I don't know if I'd want to do the one on Nascar.com again. Maybe we do our own?
@Bowtie52?

Welcome Warbeast. At the moment the Cup Series, IROC, Indy Lights, and Roadster series are our only series. We are looking at broadening our horizons in this new year and trying out some new series. Nothing new has been officially announced yet, but I can guarantee you that new series will come.
Great! I'd like to race in the i roc series. What do i need to do?

Also would it be possible to view the race schedule

Probably not this weekend. I think there were only about 6 who expressed interest in the event. I would still like to do it, I just don't think there is enough interest.

I think in order to garner high levels of interest ; first must exist a formal event thread with six or so committed drivers signed up. Turtle had so-so response, then somewhere it all caught fire once browsing individuals could perceive where the party is going to be.

As Daytona day is nearly upon us I thought I'd bring up the fantasy league thing again.
I probably won't bother with it this year. Last year it changed how I watched races. I started secretly rooting for drivers on other fantasy teams to crash to benifit my fantasy lineup. When Kyle Busch blew 2 tires at Bristol I was cheering. :scared: I think I need a break from it.

If we want to do a fantasy league we can do the little competition me and my dad do. We write down the schedule pick one car for every race take the points they get for that race. The person with highest points wins at end of year. Rule 1 you can only pick a car once in the season so if you pick the 88 car at Daytona 500 you cant pick that car at any other track. Rule 2 say you pick the 51 car of timmy hill for a race but the 51 car does not show up but timmy hill is in the 83 car you get zero points for that race because we go by the car number first. If you want to do it just send me a private message of your list or at least your daytona 500 pick i would need your full list pick by atlanta. I would post the results here every week . At least its something to watch during the season.

If we want to do a fantasy league we can do the little competition me and my dad do. We write down the schedule pick one car for every race take the points they get for that race. The person with highest points wins at end of year. Rule 1 you can only pick a car once in the season so if you pick the 88 car at Daytona 500 you cant pick that car at any other track. Rule 2 say you pick the 51 car of timmy hill for a race but the 51 car does not show up but timmy hill is in the 83 car you get zero points for that race because we go by the car number first. If you want to do it just send me a private message of your list or at least your daytona 500 pick i would need your full list pick by atlanta. I would post the results here every week . At least its something to watch during the season.
That sounds like a good idea to me. I'm in.

I honestly really enjoyed that race. Little too much crashing there for a minute but I thought the racing was good. I liked the segments idea for Daytona, guys were racing their butts off for those points which made it exciting. It'll be interesting to see how they work out at other tracks. I like Chase and Blaney being aggressive and irritating the old guys. I thought it ended great as well. I wanted either Truex Jr or Larson at that point but I thought it worked out good, no one got wrecked, nice clean finish. Ohh and I really like that new camera on the starter stand.

Yeah the racing was fantastic when they weren't crashing. The start of Stage 3 was embarrassing. There was no reason for everyone to be so aggressive with 80 laps left in the race.

Jr.'s crash reminded me a lot of the Deltawing crash in last years Rolex 24. There was nothing he could do when Busch went around.

Anyhoo, can't wait for next week!

I thought it was exciting, but boy did a bunch of professionals make amateur virtual drivers look like veteran experts. I'm gonna say trying to squeeze four wide was a foolish inconsiderate lack of restraint (poor Jimmie). My favorite was having shades of my Daytona fuel coup manifest in reality.

I thought the 1st and 2nd segments were pretty good. Last one was not bad, but not good either. I predicted the rookies/young guys to cause the bulk of the problems. Boy was I wrong.

So I bought a T3PA pedal set and it arrived today. First time ever using a clutch pedal.

I am terrible with it. I've been left foot braking for almost 2 years now, so every other time I go to slow for a corner, I depress the clutch and sail into the outside wall. :lol: It's gonna take some serious getting used to before I can use it during a race.

I'm also trying to start driving without ABS. So essentially, I'm learning how to drive all over again.

Back