A.R.S. IROC Season 4 aceboy127 Wins The Brickyard 200 and the ChampionshipFinished 

• Thread starter Bowtie52
  • 577 comments
Still no controller for me to race. My online carrer is currently on hold. :(

Sorry guys, I'm in football mode. Not trying to make things difficult. If you guys run tonight that's cool, if if you postpone that's cool too.

Great final race and great season everyone. I hope everyone comes back for the next ARS championship.

"The Weekly Lug Nut"

Disaster for DW Motorsports In Season Finally!

Earlier tonight, The boys over in the A.R.S Iroc Series were duking it out at Indianapolis Motor Speedway! The final race of the season. Everything was going well. a tight pack of 4 cars was leading the way after green flag pitstops. Then, around the lap 62 mark, Dylan Wieloszynski started complaining that he had a vibration. A lap later he started losing power. As Dylan pulled onto pit road, white smoke started billowing out from the tailpipes. Dylan's night was done.
Dylan was in contention for a top 5 finish to wrap up his first full season in the A.R.S.

"This engine has lasted us all season. We've used it in every race. I guess it finally decided it had enough. Shame it had to happen just before the finish."

Final points standings are still being detirmennd, and the results will most likely be posted later this week.

-Joe Buddy

Didn't get a chance to race a whole bunch of races with you guys, but the races I did do were fun and helped me learn a lot as far as stock car racing goes. Glad you guys let me race and I hope to be able to do more in the next season. Thank you. ~Angel Porter

I got bored one last time!

"The Weekly Lug Nut"

"DW Motorsports has a remarkable first season!"

While the season may have started with low expectations for a single car team to be a contender in the 4th season of the A.R.S. Iroc series, things quickly tuned around when driver Dylan Wieloszynski started off the season leading a bunch of lap;s in the season opening at Daytona. Even though the race ended with a wreck in the home straight to the finish, It was absolutely a truly spectacular run that was not expected by anyone. Especially one by a driver in their first full time season in the A.R.S.

The season continued at the second race at Apricot Hill in which DW Motorsports scored it's very first top five finish. Even though the next couple of races were nothing spectacular, Dylan decided it was time to show what he was truly able to accomplish with his first win! Even though it was during the All Star Open qualification race prior to the A.R.S. All Star race, it still showed that Dylan had the ability to out run the field at a track which is known for it's tight pack racing.

The Following race at Midfield, DW Motorsports outdid itself by scoring it's first top 3 finish in a points race. Every race after that, they scored a top 5 finish. Sadly, in the final race of the season at Indianapolis, the motor on the Sassy Grass Green #72 Chevy gave 62 laps into the race, giving DW Motorsports it's first DNF.

For a single car team, that was so underfunded, that it used the same engine
EVERY WEEK, Dylan Wieloszynski accomplished the mission he set out for at the beginning of the season; Prove that a single car team could be a contender each and every week. By the way, Dylan was 1 of only 4 drivers that completed at least 1 lap in every race of the season.

So what did this effort accomplish? Dylan was scored 4th in the Drivers Championship. Scoring just 3 points behind 3rd. This means that if his engine hadn't quit during the season finally, there was a chance that he could have come 3rd. DW Motorsports finished 3rd in the Owners Championship, and was also the highest scoring single car team! Amazingly, Dylan also had an average finish of 5.5!

With the next series coming within a month or so, we expect to see greatness in the future from DW Motorsports. We would like to thank all 10 or so loyal readers, (Maybe less. I don't know how many of you actually read this or just skim past it...) for checking out The Weekly Lug Nut the past couple of weeks and we hope to see you again in the near future.

-Joe Buddy

Mid-Field Raceway.jpg

Latest Posts

Back