A.R.S. Sprint Cup Series Season 4 Bowtie52 Wins the series ChampionshipFinished 

• Thread starter Bowtie52
  • 282 comments

How many Drivers should be on a team

Votes: 4 50.0%

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No teams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys, im gunna have pull out of this series, im selling my ps3 soon. Thanks for the fun races.
Thank you for coming over to give our series a shot, it was great having you. Sorry to hear you are leaving, but I do understand why.

Also, everyone qualifying is open for the GoPro 150 at Chevrolet Speedway.

**Frequency Of Cautions**

The reason we have cautions is so a drivers race isn't ruined by one accident and to somewhat mirror real NASCAR. Obviously safety is not a concern but regrouping the field and keeping the fun factor high is our concern.

We've had a startling number of cautions over the last two events. At this point our races are being ruined by too many cautions. The Brickyard 225 for example, we averaged 5 or 6 laps of green flag racing for a 90 lap event. The All Star event was better but still several cautions. We've had races in the past with too many cautions but at this point it has gotten out of control. The stewards will be reviewing each caution and handing out penalties if necessary.

We are well aware cautions are still going to happen. We are still going to have accidents, mistakes, etc. In this series we appreciate a little contact because it makes it feel realistic but the position ahead of you has to be respected. Slow car, inexperienced driver, it does not matter. No one in this series deserves to be pushed around. At that same token we all want to win. We all want to pick up one more spot. There is fine line between aggressive driving and down right disrespectful driving.

A few things the stewards will be looking for:

-Dive bombing

-Running over/excessive pushing in the corners

-Not controlling the throttle in the corners while there is a car ahead

-Pushing up into other cars in the corners (low line to high line, too low of downforce)

-Excessive blocking

Once again, accident are still going to happen. We know. As long as everyone tries a little harder to keep things clean this situation should get better. Respecting the position ahead of you will go a long way in fixing this problem.

Well I know I need to qualify as I'm sure quite a few of us do. Anyone want to get together for a group qualifying session tonight, say around 9 pm eastern?

Currently sitting 3rd for qualifying. New pole sitter and Filo in 2nd. Going to try to make another attempt before the race if I have time.

Fantastic race Ace! That's the hardest I've ever had to drive! I gave my all! But a pole and a second place finish ain't bad for my first race in over 2 months.

I wish I could join you guys for Daytona, but I'll be in Indianapolis that weekend.

Fantastic race Ace! That's the hardest I've ever had to drive! I gave my all! But a pole and a second place finish ain't bad for my first race in over 2 months.
I honestly did not think it was possible to get by you without shoving you out of the way or wrecking you. I was trying to figure out a way to get by, but everytime I made an attempt I either had to bail out or you just held off on the high line. I love that it was so hard to pass there. It seemed like when one of us would be ahead the other would run him back down. Anyway, great racing by all, and thanks again to lapped cars being courteous.

I honestly did not think it was possible to get by you without shoving you out of the way or wrecking you. I was trying to figure out a way to get by, but everytime I made an attempt I either had to bail out or you just held off on the high line. I love that it was so hard to pass there. It seemed like when one of us would be ahead the other would run him back down. Anyway, great racing by all, and thanks again to lapped cars being courteous.
I looked back on the replay to see what happened, and on my screen, in the closing laps, there was a lag spike from your car. You gave a big shot in the rear and I went from about 139 to the rev limiter, and I didn't realise it in time to hit the brakes when I should have. I braked at my normal braking point and the car broke loose from me. then you drove right under me. After that man, you just pulled away.

I looked back on the replay to see what happened, and on my screen, in the closing laps, there was a lag spike from your car. You gave a big shot in the rear and I went from about 139 to the rev limiter, and I didn't realise it in time to hit the brakes when I should have. I braked at my normal braking point and the car broke loose from me. then you drove right under me. After that man, you just pulled away.
Yea I figured it was something like that, I really didn't want to win the race like that. I was really thinking hard about how I was going to get by you in the closing laps, but a lag incident changed everything. As soon as I noticed you got that burst of speed I knew what happened and I had a feeling you might miss the brake zone, so I knew I had a good shot at getting by you. It was a bit risky, but being as it is so difficult to pass there I had to take whatever chance I could.

GoPro150 @ Chevrolet Speedway
Eifel Flat.jpg

Eifel Flat_1.jpg

Eifel Flat_2.jpg

Eifel Flat_4.jpg

Eifel Flat_5.jpg

Eifel Flat_6.jpg

Eifel Flat_7.jpg

Eifel Flat_10.jpg

Eifel Flat_11.jpg

Eifel Flat_9.jpg

Eifel Flat_12.jpg

Eifel Flat_13.jpg

Although we have a lot of cars yet to be revealed... Why in the world would PD add a new oval track and not include Nascar? I personally wouldn't mind getting base models of all the manufacturers, then we can do up our own liveries. After watching the live stream today and seeing that new trailer I really don't feel right about this game.

Me too. Not impressed. Livery editor, new oval are cool. Everything else was sort of blah. Sounds? All I heard clearly was the same horrible tire screech for previous GT games. Damage model not there, super disappointing.

Edit: Also the live stream was mostly terrible. Jordan and the other dude are the worst race announcers of all time. Using terms like "cool as a cucumber" and "go big or go home". All while watching the guys racing beating the crap out of each other. I'd rather hear the English guy from iracing screaming at the top of his lungs.

Now that I think about it, we've only been shown maybe what, 30 or so cars? There are still 100 or so cars yet to be revealed. We could possibly get NASCAR or some kind of racing series meant for ovals.

nice looking track pic. I have been out of the gt seen for awhile now and with iracing coming out with dirt cars this year that's where my heart is. I will be still getting gt sport I believe they will release a Nascar style car they spent a lot of time on making a oval to not include Nascar or even an indy car.

Hey guys I finally found a place closer to my new job. Going to get the keys tomorrow and begin moving. Bad news is we are going to try to get a lot done on Saturday, so it seems unlikely that I will be racing this week. If anything changes I will be sure to keep you guys in the know. Hoping to get internet/cable transferred over next week at the latest, so there should not be any issues with that.

Back