A.R.S. Super GT Season 1 | Bambi and Trick win at Motegi | Bambi and Trick are the ChampionsFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 226 comments

aceboy127

International Racing Series Owner
Premium
United States
Columbus, Ohio
aceboy127
racingaceboy127
Series Logo.PNG

Car Regulations

Specs.PNG

• The specs are subject to change at any time at the steward's discretion.
  • Any Color Car (Mid-season color change requires league steward notification)
Series Rules
  • Two tires must remain in contact with the track at all times.
  • Bump drafting is permitted on all tracks within reasonable circumstances.
  • Driving backwards on the track at any time will result in being asked to leave or a possible series suspension.
  • Contact/rubbing is normal and expected. Please refer to The Golden Rule. Excessive contact will be penalized.
  • Accidents happen, that is why we have cautions.
  • Intentional or payback actions will be penalized.
  • Penalties for rough driving may include: Point reduction, time penalty, suspension from one or more races.
  • Lapped cars are not to interfere or compete with lead lap cars. It is the lapped drivers’ responsibility to be aware traffic coming through.
  • Just try to keep it clean and have fun.
  • The ARS Stewards reserve the right to enforce these and add to the rules if need be during the season.
Race Format
  • Saturday nights
  • Practice: From 9:00pm Eastern until Pre-Race announcements
  • Race: After Pre-Race announcements and Line Up.
  • Pre-Race Announcements: Race format/procedure. Caution format/procedure. Pitting Rules. Other important announcements.
  • Line Up: Go to the pits and make sure your time is cleared, because it can mess up the order. Go to the track when called. (In order of qualification)
  • All races will be held in the ARS Club Lobby, unless otherwise specified.
  • All races will have a pace lap.
Qualifier Settings
  • Qualifying will be held in the ARS club in the community events from Wednesday to Saturday before the race. (Closes 2 hours before the race)
  • We will only take the first 2 attempts.
  • All qualifying sessions will start from pit road.
  • Qualifier Format: Race (Alone)
  • Time Limit is 6 Min on Ovals and 10 Min on Road Courses.
  • If you don't qualify, then you will start behind all qualified cars in series points order.
  • Due to one point being awarded for pole position and to keep our records in order, if a driver sets a qualifying time and fails to participate in the corresponding event, then that drivers time will be excluded from the event and all subsequent drivers will be moved up.
Lounge Settings/Event Settings
  • All starts will be double-file rolling starts.
  • Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to one timed lap to allow all drivers to complete their current lap.
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Microphone: On *As a rule and out of general respect for your fellow drivers, please mute your microphone if you are being distracted by your Wife/Girlfriend/Mother/Buddies*
Regulation Settings
  • Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard only
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
  • ABS: Available
  • Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • ASM: Prohibited
  • Driving Line: Prohibited
  • Traction Control: Prohibited
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
Cautions
Road races:
4 or more cars must make contact in a crash resulting from contact; or adverse racing (weather) conditions in general, with or without an accident.
Oval races: 2 or more cars must make contact in a crash resulting from contact; or adverse racing conditions (weather) in general, with or without an accident.

If both cars are still facing the correct direction and moving forward, this does not necessitate calling a caution. This would be considered incidental contact or a racing incident. But if it seems warranted based on the amount of contact that took place, call a caution. Calling a caution is the responsibility of the drivers involved. All cautions will be reviewed by the stewards. Calling an unwarranted or incorrect caution could result in either a penalty or a post-race disqualification.

To call a caution, you must type the letter "C" into the chat box, then you may announce "Caution" over the mic.

Once the caution is thrown the overall race leader will gently slow down and all cars will group up behind. Any cars behind the incident may pass through. Cars rejoining the track must do so cautiously and blend back in with the field appropriately. After grouping up, all cars trapped between their class leader and the overall race leader (between them in the queue) are to take a wave-by at a specified time (called by actual ARS officials in chat and mic) and catch the back of the line without passing amongst themselves. Drivers that were "punted" on a road course will receive their position back under caution. After this is completed, the pits can be opened for everyone and the race can be restarted after any additional non-pit wave-bys are completed, with the classes separated at the restart by speed.
  • Please signify whether you are pitting or not by moving to the white line on the inside of the racing surface. No last-minute fake outs. If you enter pit lane on the backstretch under caution, you are committed to making a pit stop.
  • Pitting is not required.
  • All cars pit on the same lap, including lapped cars.
  • Entering and exiting pit lane on ovals is done on the backstretch.
Upon exiting the pits, drivers will line up single file and prepare for the restart. The leader will initiate the restart in the restart zone. Do Not jump the start. Please respect the position in front of you. You can’t pass before you get to the start finish line. There will be no more cautions with 5 laps to go.
  • Caution speed: 50 Mph
Caution Pit Stop Limits
  • Under the caution flag, you are only allowed 4 pit stops.
  • Under the green flag, you can make as many stops as you want.
Pit Stop Entry/Exit
  • Typically, we require drivers to make a commitment to pit road when they are entering and exiting the pits. We refer to this as the commitment line.
  • The commitment line for ovals is either a certain corner of the track or a line across the track.
  • The commitment line for road courses is generally the start of the small outlined path to/from pit road.
  • Under caution we require drivers to move to the side of the track the pits are on, so we can see who is planning to pit. We do this to determine if we can go green once we reach the start/finish line. If drivers pit, then we will not go green.
  • Under green flag conditions we will allow drivers to go to the pits even if they miss the commitment line if their car has run out of fuel.
Points System
  • 20 points to Win Race
  • 17 for 2nd, 15 for 3rd, 13 for 4th, etc.
  • 1 Bonus point: Pole Position
  • 1 Bonus point: Leading at halfway
  • We will be dropping your worst finish or a DNS.
In case of championship tie after the season finale: 1 Bonus point for most wins in the season. If there is still a tie for the lead, there will be a 5-lap shoot-out at a track the series runs at during the season (will take a vote among not eligible competitors) winner will receive 1 bonus point.

Teams
  • You do not have to have a teammate to participate in this series.
  • Just tell me a team name and the drivers on the team.
  • No more than 3 drivers per team.
  • All teams must be in the same class and use the same model.
  • Team Points are the total of the top 2 cars added together.
  • You will only receive team points after signing up as a team.
End of the Season Awards
  • Front Runner Award (Most wins)
  • Rookie of the Season (Goes to the highest finishing rookie in the season driver points)
  • Pole Award (Most pole positions)
  • Team Championship (The team that scores the most points in the season)
  • Driver Points Championship (The driver that scores the most points in the season)
Schedule
2017 Super GT.PNG

Registration
GTPlanet Name:
PSN:
Car:
Car Color:
Car Number:
Team: (if applicable)
You will receive a friend request on PSN from aceboy127 after sign up

Late sign up Policy
Signups will close after the 3rd points race. After sign-ups are closed you may still join the series, but you must either be referred by a current series member or participate in a test night for that series.

Registration.PNG

Team List.PNG

A.R.S. Rookie Classification

• Drivers signed up with yellow names are A.R.S. Rookies
  • You are a Rookie until you make 3 starts in a season or until you make 4 total ARS starts.
Don't forget to go by the A.R.S. group page

Last edited:
Trophies and Awards
GT300 Pole Award.PNG
GT300 Front Runner Award.PNG
GT300 Rookie Award.PNG
GT300 Drivers Champion.PNG
GT300 Team Champion.PNG
GT500 Pole Award 1.PNG
GT500 Pole Award 2.PNG
GT500 Front Runner Award.PNG
GT500 Rookie Award.PNG
GT500 Drivers Champion.PNG
GT500 Team Champion.PNG

Last edited:
I would like to sign up
AngryEater
AngryEater
Color ToBeDetermined
Team Affiliation Confirmation Pending

I've a couple questions. This is a choice of two simultaneous classes? Do teammates have to run same model or class? Are all variations of available models permissible?

Last edited:
Registration
GTPlanet Name: Whitetail
PSN: GTP_Bambi
Car Color: Fawn
Team: N/A

GT500 class please. HSV. Hopefully I will be able to participate for the entire season yet with my current school and work situation that may not be the case.

At the oval are we all going to be gt 500 cars i just skimed threw the rules or are we split class?
To my understanding this is a multiclass series. As for the oval, I'm not sure. Multiclass racing on an oval is a crazy concept, but if we as drivers are disciplined enough to not use the slower cars as pics (looking at you Logano) then we might be alright.

I would like to sign up
AngryEater
AngryEater
Color ToBeDetermined
Team Affiliation Confirmation Pending
Alright Angry, I will get you down.
This is a choice of two simultaneous classes?
Yes, both classes will run together.
Do teammates have to run same model or class?
Yes.
Are all variations of available models permissible?
Yes.
I would like to sign up
Whitey093
Whitey093
Color: hugger orange
Independent for now
Alright Whitey welcome. I will get you down.
Registration
Car Color: Fawn
Team: N/A

GT500 class please. HSV. Hopefully I will be able to participate for the entire season yet with my current school and work situation that may not be the case.
Alright, I got you. I hope you are able to run the whole season.
At the oval are we all going to be gt 500 cars i just skimed threw the rules or are we split class?
Both classes will be together on track.
To my understanding this is a multiclass series. As for the oval, I'm not sure. Multiclass racing on an oval is a crazy concept, but if we as drivers are disciplined enough to not use the slower cars as pics (looking at you Logano) then we might be alright.
I don't think it will be too bad actually. I tested it out a bit and found that the GT500 cars are only about 1 second quicker a lap.

Hope I covered everything, sorry about the delay in responding. This weekend I am going away with my wife for our anniversary, so I will probably not be here responding to anything. I will try to get caught up Sunday night or Monday. Lastly, the Lexus and Subaru in GT300 are a little off yet compared to the other 2, so expect to see those change early next week.

Everything is updated. The changes to the GT300 specs are posted in the news and announcements post.

TPM is choosing the RX-7, colors and numbers TBD. Would anyone like to have a group practice sometime before the race?

Last edited:
Attention all. Qualifying is now open. You will need to join the club if you are not already a member.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1059310/
Qualifying can be found in the club, as stated in the OP you are allowed 2 attempts. Qualifying closes 2 hours before the race.
We will be running the full layout, as the real world series runs that layout.

UPDATED Registration
Car Color: Black w/ Pink Wheels
Team: Black Rose Racing Team

GT500 class please. HSV #9. Hopefully I will be able to participate for the entire season yet with my current school and work situation that may not be the case.

UPDATED Registration
Car Color: Black w/ Pink Wheels
Team: Black Rose Racing Team

GT500 class please. HSV #9. Hopefully I will be able to participate for the entire season yet with my current school and work situation that may not be the case.
@aceboy127 I will be racing for Black Rose Racing Team

Same information as @Whitetail but #39 HSV

Thank you 👍
I'll get you 2 down thanks for the update.

@Whitey093 could you give me an update also?

Latest Posts

Back