A sad announcement

New Zealand
Auckland
blojoggs
Hi I'm Jordan, Steve's son whom I'm sure many people on this forum might know from some of his Aliases such as FlyingKiwi, ANZAC-888-Racing, THC_FlyingKiwi and BloJoggs just to name a few.
Steve spent a lot of him time on this forum and I would quite often see him on here whenever he wasn't working or playing GT6.

Sadly today I bear sad news. Steve unexpectedly passed away yesterday evening due to a rare form of cancer that was only diagnosed two days prior which took everyone including the hospital by complete surprise.

I'm not sure how many people on this forum played GT6 with Steve but I know those who did shared a great number of laughs and good times with Steve through the game and you were a part of his routine he very much enjoyed.

As someone who does not visit this forum, I hope this is an acceptable place to post this and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Kind regards,
Jordan.

I don't think i ever played with him and i don't remember him on the forum,
but it is a sad thing to happen to anyone.
Sorry for your loss.

Wow this is incredibly sad news, My thoughts and prayers with you and your family. Hope you're holding up.

What a shock. I didn't know Steve but it's still a shock to lose a member of a site where we're all quite tight.

Very sad and unexpected. May your family have strength and know many in this community send our condolences.

I sorry to hear such sad news. Thank you for taking the time to inform his online acquaintances because so often they get left clueless when someone has suddenly vanished from the forum and I'm sure many would want to give their condolences. GTPlanet will miss Steve.

Sad news indeed. I didn't know Steve, it's a huge community, but I wish you and your family all the best through this difficult time.

Sorry to read this. I think I've stumbled across his username sometimes here, but never got to race/talk/casually play videogames with him. I'm deeply sorry for your loss, and all my condolences and best wishes may be with you and your family.

I know I've come across his posts before on here. We all hang out on different parts of this huge forum so I don't know many personally, but the loss of any GTP member is horrible. I'm deeply sorry to hear about this and I wish nothing but the best for all of you as you cope with this. Take care.

Hi I'm Jordan, Steve's son whom I'm sure many people on this forum might know from some of his Aliases such as FlyingKiwi, ANZAC-888-Racing, THC_FlyingKiwi and BloJoggs just to name a few.
Steve spent a lot of him time on this forum and I would quite often see him on here whenever he wasn't working or playing GT6.

Sadly today I bear sad news. Steve unexpectedly passed away yesterday evening due to a rare form of cancer that was only diagnosed two days prior which took everyone including the hospital by complete surprise.

I'm not sure how many people on this forum played GT6 with Steve but I know those who did shared a great number of laughs and good times with Steve through the game and you were a part of his routine he very much enjoyed.

As someone who does not visit this forum, I hope this is an acceptable place to post this and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Kind regards,
Jordan.

Thank you for taking the time to do this, Jordan.
I didn't know Steve personally, though I have read many a post of his and took him to be mature but young at heart, and his posts were always fun to read - in fact I jumped in here right away when I saw his ID come up beside the thread title.
So sorry to hear this news, and we share your grief; because it is the internet transients come and go at any site, but we also have a solid community here that has been together for many years and the Flying Kiwi (the only kiwi I knew who could fly) was more than a name - he was a great guy to know and hang with, even verbally. It is a much greater loss to your family than it is to our family here at GTPlanet, but we will miss him nonetheless.

May he be flying skies now that even a kiwi would spread his wings for.

Sorry for your loss. I didn't know Steve but any member of GTP is a family to us here. My thoughts and prayers goes to your family and friends

i have him on my friends list real sad that i didnt get a chance to race against him R.I.P Steve my absolute deepest thoughts and condolences out to all family and loved ones.

Although I never knew Steve personally, I would see him around on the forum occasionally. Seemed like a really nice guy, and it makes me gutted to hear the news. I am very sorry for the loss, and I express my condolences to your family and loved ones. It's always a shame to hear about these things as we are a very tight-knit community. Once again, sorry for the loss.

I'd like to send my deepest condolences to Steve's family and friends at this difficult time. I am incredibly sorry for your loss.

I'm really sorry for your loss.. My thoughts for you and your family.. I know what it is like, my dad passed away very suddenly too. If you need to talk, I'm here for you.
RIP

My deepest condolences to you, your family and friends and I wish you the most of strength in the upcoming times.

I personally never chatted or raced with Steve, but the loss of a GTP member is not something any of us here take lightly. Thank you very much for posting this and letting us know of his passing, otherwise we would have no way of knowing and would assume he just no longer posted here, but now we all know and can send our condolences to you and your family. Nobody wants to lose a family member or close friend, especially one so suddenly.

I seen Steve a few times on here. Never talked to him, but from what I seen he seemed to be a nice guy. GTPlanet is a huge family of members and the loss of one is never easy and breaks everybody's hearts. My thoughts go out to you and your family and I hope you can pull through this tough time.

I never knew who Steve was, but its very sad indeed to lose a member in that way.

Apologies to you and your family for the loss of great member in this community.

:gtpflag:

Back