A (small) GT5 Drifting Scene Revolution

Do you think this small revolution should happen?

• Yes

Votes: 44 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters
I'm sick of this, just because we agree on the use of CMs doesn't mean that we have a mancrush on Lukas and if Cro actually tried to do this, then where the heck was it because I never saw that.

You weren't even a member of GTP when Cro was active. lol

Anyways, I'm down. I don't care either way. SFX lobbies are normally limited to CM's so there are some on CM's and some on CH's and we don't really ever have any issues. I don't see why this is being made out to be a big deal, the OP just had an opinion and wanted some feedback and some people just explode with nonsense.

eddyac
I tandem drifted with Mster... for 20 minutes with my 135i on them
You can go Full Throttle the whole time without worrying to spin or anything

That's what I'm also worried about. I dont feel like grippier tires require as much precision

Gonales, I have owned a wheel for a month and have had a total time of maybe a week on it and was able to do just fine with them. Yes there is a change in the handling, but thats why humans are known to adapt.

On a side note, is it really this hard for people to accpet a bit of change? They had to when GT5 got all the updates? Admit it CHs are not what they use to be when we first started drifting on GT5. To me the CMs feel like the CHs use too. Why cant anyone else see it?

Agreed. Because it's only been recently people have been complaining about the sloppy grip of N1 tyres, proving that there has been a physics update.

That's what I'm also worried about. I dont feel like grippier tires require as much precision

I think it requires the same amount if not more, to be honest. Because if you think about it, CH give you the little bit more slip so they are a bit more forgiving. Where as CM have that little bit extra grip so you have to that bit more precise with your movements.

As an example, say you're door to door with someone, you put a little bit to much countersteer on with CH, you could get away with it, but with CM you might grip and hit them. So you have to get that bit more precise using CM then you did on CH.

Ok I will say it once again:

I don't tell you to use these tires. It is a suggestion, an opinion.

And stop this stupid ''Moan moan, they just follow you because you are respected bla bla''....
That really pis ses me off. I neither deserve to be more respected than anybody else nor am I a god or idol in any way... I'm just a boy who sits in front of a console for you, end.
I wish I had never started this thread and rather just make D1 season 2 a CM comp...

Thats kind of what I said in D1GP Round 4 when I spun out. Haha

I just drifted for a little bit with my jzx100 and i was killing it, there is not much of a difference and i even prefer CM since i can get more agressive, i might post a vid later

ok,seems there is lots of opinions around here..but what i think its best just stick with the tyres you like!no need of argument then..

actually tried cm tires hour ago with over 600hp c63 merc and did just fine...was awesome to feel the little extra grip and control during drift..

edit 600th post:dopey:

This has been taken way out of context now lol.

It's gotten to the point for me where I couldn't give a 🤬 which tyre you're gonna use, as long as you can tandem with me and not screw my lines up then I'm fine with either CH or CM.

Had some great CM tandems today with my buddy Asa & in the RedSuns Eastside Lobby.

GT5 Tuning
Comfort Mediums - Medium-soft tyres designed for comfort. Equipped as standard on most road cars. They lack the grip for circuit driving, but are recommended for those looking to perfect their driving technique.
^ Because they are equipped as standard on most road cars, these are the tyres that most of the people use in RL. IMO we should have used these tyres from the beginning. I think people used CH's in the beginning because of how much room it gives for mistakes and the ease for tandems.

Right now we are 1.5 years after the release and people want something new, "more challenging". So I think right now would be the perfect time to switch things up, make it interesting again?

That's just my 3 cents.

ok,seems there is lots of opinions around here..but what i think its best just stick with the tyres you like!no need of argument then..

actually tried cm tires hour ago with over 600hp c63 merc and did just fine...was awesome to feel the little extra grip and control during drift..

edit 600th post:dopey:

Congratulations on your 600th post achievement :cheers: !
This has been taken way out of context now lol.

It's gotten to the point for me where I couldn't give a 🤬 which tyre you're gonna use, as long as you can tandem with me and not screw my lines up then I'm fine with either CH or CM.

What this guy said 👍 .

^ Because they are equipped as standard on most road cars, these are the tyres that most of the people use in RL. IMO we should have used these tyres from the beginning. I think people used CH's in the beginning because of how much room it gives for mistakes and the ease for tandems.

Right now we are 1.5 years after the release and people want something new, "more challenging". So I think right now would be the perfect time to switch things up, make it interesting again?

That's just my 3 cents.

Good point.

Had some great CM tandems today with my buddy Asa & in the RedSuns Eastside Lobby.

Yes ! :)

- - - - -

REVOLUTION

vn1f0g.jpg

Viva la revolution! Also just noticed all smileys have been changed to lol faces:
👍
:lol:

Well I can infer that it is because the smilies changed as soon as it was April Fools where Jordan lives.... :):):):):):):)

Not sure if this topic is still being debated, but since some people were saying CM would make drifting low HP cars more difficult, I thought I'd mentioned that I was in a lobby earlier in the week with a bunch of guys from GTP (UKO, rsgriff, alpacaflip and LazyLiquid), and we all ended up drifting Truenos and Levins on CMs. Everyone seemed to adapt to the new tires really quickly, and it ended up being a really fun session with lots of good tandems.

I can't speak for the others, but I really liked the CMs. I'm one of those people who has always found the CH tires a little too easy to break loose, and I'm really liking the feeling of the CM.

twitcher
Not sure if this topic is still being debated, but since some people were saying CM would make drifting low HP cars more difficult, I thought I'd mentioned that I was in a lobby earlier in the week with a bunch of guys from GTP (UKO, rsgriff, alpacaflip and LazyLiquid), and we all ended up drifting Truenos and Levins on CMs. Everyone seemed to adapt to the new tires really quickly, and it ended up being a really fun session with lots of good tandems.

I can't speak for the others, but I really liked the CMs. I'm one of those people who has always found the CH tires a little too easy to break loose, and I'm really liking the feeling of the CM.

Very same here man. Very same.

Back