A somewhat specific request, for those with GT5P

• Thread starter Lain
  • 47 comments
@Maskrider
You're still the KING of screen capture in GTP... you rock!!
Which capture card/device you are using now?

Wow excellent choice! No wonder it looks so nice!
I want Blackmagic too but I only have AGP slots :(

Upgraded my PC recently and got myself a HD capture card. It is Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro (HDMI/HD Component) PCI-E capture card.
A sure upgrade from a Philips SAA713x chipset right? ;)👍

Would you please be able to take captures of (I think) page 11 of the manual. There are a couple of paragraphs of text and a complete list of cars and their respective real life tyre compounds.

Might be handy to get that stuff translated.

RedBaron
I saw that and I suspect GT5p still running at lower, not fullHD resolution and doing upsample. No antialiasing even in menu?
Menu and pre race screens are 1920x1080p no AA.

The GT5P demo’s (full game too?) races are 1280x1080p (horizontal upscaling) 2xAA. 720p had 4xAA.

GTHD Concept was 1440x1080p, again full vertical resolution just horizontal upscaling.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8897237&postcount=362

A sure upgrade from a Philips SAA713x chipset right? ;)👍

More like a radical change and a drain of my wallet.

Would you please be able to take captures of (I think) page 11 of the manual. There are a couple of paragraphs of text and a complete list of cars and their respective real life tyre compounds.

Might be handy to get that stuff translated.

Page 11 (except tyre section)
http://z-o-g.org/imgs/misc/gt5p-manual-p11-p1.png

Page 11 Tyre section
http://z-o-g.org/imgs/misc/gt5p-manual-p11-tyre.png

Menu and pre race screens are 1920x1080p no AA.

The GT5P demo’s (full game too?) races are 1280x1080p (horizontal upscaling) 2xAA. 720p had 4xAA.

GTHD Concept was 1440x1080p, again full vertical resolution just horizontal upscaling.

Yes, but when I saw gamersyde videos from the game I noticed many effects (AA, those detailed headlights, geometrical wheels instead of textured etc.) from official videos missing in the game to be able to run in fullHD and now it even seems to run only upscaled again. But If it's not in native fullHD, why Kazunori still plays this theatrical performance again with great prerendered videos and with words like "PS3 is the only gaming console with fullHD potential." I must see that 720p graphics with stable FPS, no jaggies and all those effects from official site videos is better way to go.

ALPHA, very roughly done (not correctly translated) page 11 (except tyre, shouldn't need to be converted)

http://z-o-g.org/imgs/misc/gt5p-manual-p11-p1-t.png
Great stuff maskrider, would it be too much to ask for some better source material for the translations too? :)

Yes, but when I saw gamersyde videos from the game I noticed many effects (AA, those detailed headlights, geometrical wheels instead of textured etc.) from official videos missing in the game to be able to run in fullHD and now it even seems to run only upscaled again. But If it's not in native fullHD, why Kazunori still plays this theatrical performance again with great prerendered videos and with words like "PS3 is the only gaming console with fullHD potential." I must see that 720p graphics with stable FPS, no jaggies and all those effects from official site videos is better way to go.
The in game models are exactly the same as the ones in the official videos, 3D rims included. Just the blur added to the wheels in game sometimes look flat, specifically the Integra. I can assure you though, the wheels do not change between 3D and 2D in the garage and replays as seen in GT4.

Everyone says that Kazunori is a perfectionist so in some way or another you’d at least hope that he’d be unhappy with the abundant amount of tearing and slowdown in the final game. Polyphony’s PR has always been deceiving since GT4 with photo mode outputs (16xAA) instead of raw frame buffers. I guess the average person isn’t concerned by this.

I hope PD call it a day and decide to go with 720p and lock everything to 60fps without having to make sacrifices for a higher resolution. The game already has problems keeping a steady framerate and that’s without damage, weather and night/day transitions; it’d be interesting to see what they do to get everything under control.

200,000 polygon models in garage, 100,000 in game? It’d be a shame if they cut down the number of cars on track as seen in previous games. 👎:indiff:

Alpha or Maskrider, regarding that page with tyre compounds - what is the logic?

Left compound is real-life counterpart, while right is in-game - or what? Thnx in adv.

Back