A-Spec- 24 Hours of Le Mans in a 787B on RH tyres :)

Sorry I haven't updated this since a few days ago, I didn't have any time to do an hour or so yesterday but I plan on doing a lot today (maybe even finishing) anyway onto the update :)

17 hours /278 laps complete. Not much to say apart from the track is fully in the sunshine now, no sign of rain up ahead and my lead is still around 3 laps or so. I'll be trying to complete the race today but I still have another 7 hours to go :(

18 hours /294 laps complete, the end is getting near, not much to say this hour apart from that, oh and a frightening incident at the first porsche curve where I just clipped the grass and span into the tyre wall :(

19 hours /310 laps completed now. If I'm honest I just want it to end now :lol: I'm definitely going to try and get it finished tonight although that might be a big ask to do.

I still lead by 3 nearly 4 laps now and no sign of rain so I'm hopeful of making it to the end without rain :)

20 hours /327 laps complete! only 4 more hours to go now :D

The lead is up to 4 laps, no rain in sight, no real events this hour apart from managing to stretch the lead to 4 laps.

The end is in sight now though :) The poor 787B is looking a bit battered now though :(

21 hours complete and 343 laps, I set my fastest lap during the last stint of a 3:22.896 :embarrassed: I'm quite impressed by that as I didn't think the 787B would be capable of such a time on Racing Hard tyres :)

I'm drinking a fresh, hot cup of coffee and thinking of you :D

Last time I did a 24hr Le Mans race, I made a flask of the stuff :lol:

Nice writeup! I'm doing the Le Mans 24hr as I type and I'm on the 7th hour, however it has been raining ever since I started. When is it going to stop?! :grumpy:

I've Been Capivated by this, and now its the Summer Holidays, i may attempt the Full monty, the Real McCoy, the full 24hrs in one sitting :embarrassed:
Good luck My friend :)

I've Been Capivated by this, and now its the Summer Holidays, i may attempt the Full monty, the Real McCoy, the full 24hrs in one sitting :embarrassed:
Good luck My friend :)

Tbh I doubt you'd do it in one sitting unless you're really hardcore. I've tried to do as many hours as I possibly can in one day and managed 7 - off to bed now! :dopey:

22 hours /360 laps complete now, I had a terrible first stint in this hour where I lost a full 2 minutes on 2nd place due to overdriving the car.

I'm glad this is nearly at an end though I have to say, I want to play more of the game than just this race :lol:

23 hours /376 laps complete! 1 hour remains and it's a joyous sight to see that counter counting down on the screen :D

The oil light came on about 10 minutes into the hour (which took a lot longer than I expected) nothing to worry about though.

I still hold a 4 lap lead heading into the final hour which I will complete now :)

24 hours /392 laps FINISH!!!

Well I've made it to the end of what was an epic race to say the least.

The 787B did me proud and took me to a 5 lap victory over the nearest rival ('01 Audi R8)

I'll do a proper writeup of results tomorrow but I'm off to bed now as I'm knackered :lol:

I'd like to thank all the support I've received from everyone on here for embarking upon this race, you've all kept me going even during the dull hours when I wanted to give up :)

Congrats! You must be thrilled that thats that over and done with! Reading through your updates I think when I get round to giving this a shot I'll use the 787B with RH's. Do you mind PMing me the setup you used? :)

I applaud you sir. You have done something that not many may have the patience to do. You deserve the prizes you receive for this event.

oh it was rather tiring in the late hours it must be said, just because it really was just having the will power to keep going :lol:

@ Jamie C, the setup I used was well... everything standard except tweaking the max speed setting on the gearing to around 230-240, everything else I just left as it was. It became a bit of a handful in the 8th lap if you hadn't saved the tyres properly over the stint.

Finished the 24h Le mans with my cousin. (with DS3 controller)

Wanted to drive it in a 908hdi with 730hp.....could not do it cause my cousin does not own GT5 and so has very few exp. how to drive the cars (all assists off). We tried, but after a few laps i realized, that it would no work out.

So we switched to a highly detuned X1 (yeah i know.....zero challenge, but my cousin liked it). The X1 stood on racing hards with 730hp and a topspeed of 360km/h. We drove 2 stints in a row per person (round 45min a stint, then we had to refuel 99liters). After 20 hours constant driving we had to take a nap, so we paused the game and slept 6hrs, then finished the remaining 4 hrs.

Fastest laps: 2:42:439 (me) 2:46:587 (cousin)

Anyone know what prizes you win for this race besides the money?

I am on my second attempt on trying to complete this race. I had tried this once before and the race got abruptly interrupted due to an electricity outage. I had about 8 hours of lap time when this happened. So now I gave it another go last Sunday and I am up to 15:41 as we speak in the same old Audi TDI race car. I am currently in second place though...trailing by about 30 seconds. I am doing 7 lap stints while the leader is doing 11 or so.

This time the race has been so much more competitive than before because it only rained for 2 hours so far and it was not a full blown rain, more like a heavy drizzle.

I drove this race with two of my friends, and it rained for 5 hours and the AI cars didn't really slow down O_o luckily for us though we were able to do 8 lap stints on racing softs, so we could catch the leading Audi before 24 hours had gone :)

It could if you install a bolt-on fan, which can plug one of the USB ports.

well my ps3 has been on since sunday the 14th, and it's not even hot at all.
I just completed 20 hours. 4 hours more to go. I may finish tomorrow, if not thursday. hehe....

Back