A-Spec 420PP Japanese 80's Festival

United States
Anchorage, AK
nomeite
This is an expert level race event using Japanese cars built in the 1980's. Your car can be tuned up to 420PP, and tires are limited to Comfort/Soft or less. Special prizes are awarded to those achieving 3rd or better results. A "Performance Difference Bonus" system rewards cars with lower PP. For example, winning with a 390PP car will roughly double the reward.

Period of Availability
2013/09/25 23:00 -

logo_japanese_80.png

420PP Japanese 80's Festival: Clubman Stage Route 5 / 6 Laps
420PP Japanese 80's Festival: Twin Ring Motegi East Course / 5 Laps
420PP Japanese 80's Festival: Suzuka Circuit / 3 Laps
420PP Japanese 80's Festival: Nürburgring Nordschleife / 1 Lap
420PP Japanese 80's Festival: Aso 309A / 6 Laps

Ticket for winning all events: Mitsubishi STARION 4WD Rally Car '84

Online Car Dealership is updated with 80's Japanese cars, Toyota Tacoma, ABT Touring car and the usual FGT

Last edited:
finished the event with 420pp ae86 and got mx-5 as rabbit in all course.
i havent check the other rabbits tho

Again a nice surprise these seasonals; made it myself easy and took my Mugen Motul Civic; I used a standard tuning for ff cars. Clubman sr5 and Suzuka were easy wins with 420 PP, but didn't manage it on Nordschleife (second with 2 sec). Nordschleife with this kind of cars is big fun. So tonicht I'll ty again and the other 2 races too.

Had my first run with one of my Mugen Motul Civic. Had an easy win on all 5 tracks. I usually find the variation of Mt. Aso for fun, but it is in my opinion much too easy in this event.

Agreed - the Honda Mugen Motul Civic seems to be the "Weapon of Choice" here :) (Oink r u listening :sly:)

Easy Peasy!

I went with the Isuzu 4200R concept (from the NCD) for this event. Easily won all 5 races on first try with the MX-5 as the rabbit in 4 of the 5 races. The 4200R is quite the fun car to drive because it likes to drift around corners :lol:

For the Performance Difference Bonus, what else counts other than lower PP?

For eg:, would a heavier car give a higher prize money?

Only PP.......
Not bad series, did all with honda Mugen, at 380 pp had some fun with Nordschleife.. won at 355 pp 1.773.779 cr
350pp Mazda MX-5 NA 89 1.866.840CR, 180.064XP ...not a moneymaker track

Last edited:
I bought the Toyota COROLLA LEVIN GT-APEX (AE86) '83 car. I remember in GT4 even, it performed as a very steady car.

It's got 1 of the best exhaust sounds. I bought the car for this reason.

Moded the car with a few drivetrain options, 5 speed close transmission & exhaust. It's a dream to drive it.

Will try the other cars & the Motul as well.

Last edited:
I bought the Toyota COROLLA LEVIN GT-APEX (AE86) '83 car. I remember in GT4 even, it performed as a very steady car.

It's got 1 of the best exhaust sounds. I bought the car for this reason.

Moded the car with a few drivetrain options, 5 speed close transmission & exhaust. It's a dream to drive it.

Will try the other cars & the Motul as well.

👍

I'm using the same car, just a couple of upgrades to reach 398pp. First try-close wins so far, not on the Nordschleife thought, that was easy.
Btw, best exhaust sound for you will be..? I'm using sports, if i remember correctly, this was my favorite since GT4 on that car.
Use the 6 speed close transmission to get the most of that N/A engine.

You can use whatever car you want, and someone put this much better a few months ago, but if the car you use is a race car to beat AI stock cars, don't brag about it. Motul Civic? Detuned 2j? Meh.

Used a Fairlady Z - Nice consistent drive.

The Skyline "Canada" was a tough-er rabbit car in one race. It was way ahead of my 2nd placed car at the Ring (A Blista Compact - Erm a CRX even.)

Canada - can you see a Canadian flag in the rear lights of a certain R32 skyline?

Was so excited to see this one after work today. I have a personal favorite 80s car, my Nissan '83 Silvia 240 RS. Always a blast to drive and looks a lot like my first car; a Toyota Corolla SR5 Coupe. About 80kg to ballast, sport exhaust ( cause I LIKE IT :) ) and de-tuned to 96%. MY LSD,Trans and Suspension for a fun run to 1st place on two tracks so far.

Hoping you guys casn help. I'm havin' throuble with my Nissan. Its an '89 Pao with 164K; I've tuned the bejeesus out of it and I can only get second at Tokyo. Understeer is the main problem. Any suggestions?

👍

I'm using the same car, just a couple of upgrades to reach 398pp. First try-close wins so far, not on the Nordschleife thought, that was easy.
Btw, best exhaust sound for you will be..? I'm using sports, if i remember correctly, this was my favorite since GT4 on that car.
Use the 6 speed close transmission to get the most of that N/A engine.

The great thing is that even without an exhaust, this car sounds as if it has an exhaust.

I've put the sports exhaust, manifold & titanium!

Love to see the after flames when the gears downshift.

Painting the car is fun even as the traditional black lines remain. Gave it a good shade of yellow.

Hoping you guys casn help. I'm havin' throuble with my Nissan. Its an '89 Pao with 164K; I've tuned the bejeesus out of it and I can only get second at Tokyo. Understeer is the main problem. Any suggestions?

Yes, change to a different car 👍

When I used to race in a 420PP room religiously, I had over 200 cars tuned for that room and spec. The Nissan Pao remains burned in my memory as being one of the slowest, worst handling cars out of the 200+ that I tuned no matter what I did with it; use pretty much any other car for this seasonal instead.

The '89 Skyline GTS is a good bet, for example.

Polsixe
You can use whatever car you want, and someone put this much better a few months ago, but if the car you use is a race car to beat AI stock cars, don't brag about it. Motul Civic? Detuned 2j? Meh.

I fully agree with you, Polsixe.. Im glad its not just me that thinks beating stock-tuned cars with a purpose-built race car is nothing to brag about... Its like bringing a gun to a knife fight!

I fully agree with you, Polsixe.. Im glad its not just me that thinks beating stock-tuned cars with a purpose-built race car is nothing to brag about... Its like bringing a gun to a knife fight!

There are so many cars that fall right for this. Moding them a bit would make them more fun to try with.

Would try the Motul last but would delmit the engine as the Motul is a good car & 4WD.

Ryk
Used a Fairlady Z - Nice consistent drive.

The Skyline "Canada" was a tough-er rabbit car in one race. It was way ahead of my 2nd placed car at the Ring (A Blista Compact - Erm a CRX even.)

Canada - can you see a Canadian flag in the rear lights of a certain R32 skyline?

Nice play on a predator quote:)

Uday9479
There are so many cars that fall right for this. Moding them a bit would make them more fun to try with.

Would try the Motul last but would delmit the engine as the Motul is a good car & 4WD.

Hey Uday.. I'm pretty sure the Motul Civic is FWD/FF. Anyway, it is a race car and the engineering differences between that and your competition is vast.
I'm not telling anyone not to use the Motul Civic- I'm simply stating that winning easily with this car is not an achievement or a challenge worth sharing. I agree with you regarding the cool choice of cars for this event. I'm about to see how I go with a 400pp MR2 1600G and my trusty old 'bumblebee' CRX, and maybe the Nissan Fairlady. The range of tracks seem pretty diverse in this seasonal -and as yet I've only had a run at Suzuka- the competition seems like a decent challenge.

Yes, change to a different car 👍

When I used to race in a 420PP room religiously, I had over 200 cars tuned for that room and spec. The Nissan Pao remains burned in my memory as being one of the slowest, worst handling cars out of the 200+ that I tuned no matter what I did with it; use pretty much any other car for this seasonal instead.

The '89 Skyline GTS is a good bet, for example.

Yep it was that very Skyline I couldn't catch. I know the Pao is slower than a wet week, I just wish I could get it to bring home the bacon. But I take your point, Lewis, I'll try with something a little more spirited. 200+ 420pp cars!

Hey Uday.. I'm pretty sure the Motul Civic is FWD/FF. Anyway, it is a race car and the engineering differences between that and your competition is vast.
I'm not telling anyone not to use the Motul Civic- I'm simply stating that winning easily with this car is not an achievement or a challenge worth sharing. I agree with you regarding the cool choice of cars for this event. I'm about to see how I go with a 400pp MR2 1600G and my trusty old 'bumblebee' CRX, and maybe the Nissan Fairlady. The range of tracks seem pretty diverse in this seasonal -and as yet I've only had a run at Suzuka- the competition seems like a decent challenge.

Oops, got wrong about the drivetrain being a 4WD.

You are right. It surely ain't worth trying to win with a strong car. The actual fun is in the competition, where we need to use all of our racing skills & judgements in order to scale through the field.

As of now am using the Toyota Corolla Levin GT-APEX (AE86) 83 & it's so much fun to drive with that car, against the other 80's beauties.

Yep it was that very Skyline I couldn't catch. I know the Pao is slower than a wet week, I just wish I could get it to bring home the bacon. But I take your point, Lewis, I'll try with something a little more spirited. 200+ 420pp cars!

Maybe the Pao would be better off on racing tyres but on comfort tyres, a car with a great overall performance can only help you win.

Maybe the Pao would be better off on racing tyres but on comfort tyres, a car with a great overall performance can only help you win.

Hey, I used the Pajero Rally Raid '85; that thing is a hoot! The chassis feels similar to that Alfa Carrot Zola. Not real aerodynamic, though. The Pao is quietly rusting at the bottom of my garage.

Hey, I used the Pajero Rally Raid '85; that thing is a hoot! The chassis feels similar to that Alfa Carrot Zola. Not real aerodynamic, though. The Pao is quietly rusting at the bottom of my garage.

Yes, the Pajero is surely a great car.

As for Pao, some cars are better left untouched.:yuck:

I used the premium Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater (Z32) '89, full weight reduction, Power limited to 190bhp.... it was all easy enough.

Back