A-Spec 530PP 4WD Challenge

Used the 205 Turbo 16 rally car for the final 2 races. Great fun car to drive. Won by far, so plenty of room for pp reduction

Here are some tunes to try. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8200150#post8200150

FITT did a 525PP 4wd Wagons Challange on sport medium tires. Onboy123 won with his Audi RS 4 '01 tune. It was even tune of the week in one of the GTP weekly rewind articles. Scroll down to post number two for links to all of the tunes that were entered and down to post number four to see the final results.

I would recommend at the very least that people try two tunes.
1. Onboy 123 Audi RS 4 '01 for pure speed and handling.
2. VTiRoj Nissan Stagea 260rs Autech Version ‘98 for a riot of a drive. Seems that he built a drift tune and entered it into a lap time competition. It wasn't a fast lap time car, but it was really funny to drive. Sideways, big power tire smoke on every corner.

Oh boy! It's Evo Time! I'll drag out my real life ride...08 Evo X. I don't care much for AWD's in GT. Too much push, I like a wilder ride. But in real life, taking a spirited mountain drive through the Blue Ridge Parkway or Tail of The Dragon is the bomb in an Evo or Subie. I love that powerful pull as my Evo claws it's way through a tight section. I've kept up with the idiots on their Sport Bikes on The Dragon. But I guess that makes me an idiot too, oops.

Won w/a Skyline GT-R V Spec (R33) 95 in Race 1
Won w/a Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B STi Version 98 in Race 2
Now using a Mitsubishi Twin Turbo MR 98 at Madrid.

Audi RS6 Avant '08 won first time out at Nurburgring, Fuji. Subaru WRX STi '10 took Madrid and Autumn Ring one try. Needed detuned Ruf CTR to take Mt Aso. One of the easier Seasonals. Won the Viper SRT 10 '06.

...I think I had the Impreza rabbit 3/5 with the GTR being the other two...
I felt that there were no rabbits in this seasonal as the field stayed pretty much the same - considering the wide variety of fast cars PD could have put in there like the RUF.

I detuned my ZZII for one race (very over the top considering) and went all rally classic on their asses with the others: Delta S4 and the other Lancia.

I hope to go back in and see how a few unusual cars do.

Eased slightly to 1:07.501 from 1:07.587, using Pmjg's tune, albeit a tad lighter at 1027kg and 473hp.

Have been over .6 sec better before the climb up the hill though which would see me in the 1:06's if completed.
That corner and the top r/hander are the ones which kill me. For the present anyway.

Yes, posted in the wrong thread. My bad. Wondered where it went.

Haven't even got around to doing this one yet. Good to see Cargo slumming it here.

Last edited:
I really like this set. Challenging enough for my skill level using a stock vehicle that it takes a few tries. Been avoiding the temptation to run a fully tuned car-weight reductions etc...

Audi R8 with ballast at Madrid. What a smooth operator it is. The red Skyline GTR S tune in the OCD is a wild car with ABS 0, love it! Great fun at Fuji against the STI grid. Some low traction fun and lift off oversteer without the brake nanny=be on your toes. I've run a couple race cars too, the Premium Citroen Rally Beast and the 06(?) STI RM. Sliding around on Autumn Ring is a hoot in both. Mt. Aso is even a pretty cool layout with the switchbacks.

I used Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo 1995 & it beats the competition rather easily...

I know this is old, but I try to always throw up my video for these events, but the PC was dead for last couple weeks, so I'm going with the "Better late than never" philosophy.

The Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 BASE '06 wins all races at 530PP with about 3-5 seconds to spare for an average driver.

I completed Mt Aso (Tarmac) with Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08 at 520pp. Fun car and track (: As anyone used a lower pp on this track?

I hope I'm not creating a thread within a thread by asking that ):

I completed Mt Aso (Tarmac) with Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08 at 520pp. Fun car and track (: As anyone used a lower pp on this track?

I hope I'm not creating a thread within a thread by asking that ):

Read back, have done all at 480pp with different Suburu. Much lower for sure possible

I tried many of the japanese cars & wasn't able to do it on Fuji Speedway, in the end used a Gallardo & it easily beat the WRX STi Spec C at the front.

This challenge is great for the station wagons. Setups crucial.

Got Rabbits? Doesn't matter once the ole family wagon is set up. ASO Tarmac is Awesome Fun!

Great Fun here .. Great courses .. Alright except Madrid was a bit challenging for me went through every 4WD I have .. Not too familiar w the course .. I can see why who in their right mind would actually want to race there lol :dunce: ...wasn't too bad when I got use to it and the walls weren't so familiar 👍

Tarmac is tops >> What a blast!! 👍👍

I used a Lancer Evo 92 GSR stock with just an oil change, suspension and drivetrain upgrades and did just fine except on Mount Aso that's when I brought out the big brother Super Rally car Evo and for the prize ticket turns out they gave it to me but apparently my prize list was full so I didn't get anything, same message appears when I log in every day after they give me my bonus paints and percentage...

I swear by the CTR2 96 for Fuki Speedway - 530PP 4WD Challenge

...and for the rest of the races as well. All I did tuning wise was lower the suspension (-20) and with the gear top speed set to 193/196

Last edited by a moderator:
i pretty much killed all of it except mt. aso with the alpha 155 2.5 v6. imo a much underated 4wd car

mt aso was a battle though and i couldn't do it with the alpha. i finally nabbed that one with the shultze GTR. i found that by lowering the transmission gearing (manual trans) i could take cars in the turns because that gtr sticks pretty well.

Last edited:
Back