A-spec American Racing and Non-Racing Car Expert Challenge: Death Valley original course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 240 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
New Year Holiday Challenge 2015-2016 (Season 1)

A-spec American Racing and Non-Racing Car Expert Challenge: Death Valley original course

NYHC1516 - A-spec American Racing and Non-Racing Car Expert Challenge @ Death Valley.jpg

[NYHC1516] - A-spec American Racing and Non-Racing Car Expert Challenge @ Death Valley.jpg

Tunes:

Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Thankfully I missed the pit stop on lap 4, so running a one pit stop race got the win in the 2j. Interesting seasonal, doesn't give me much hope for the next game, these new original tracks are pretty terrible imo.

Tried the Corvette with RS but needed two stops and failed miserably. Rabbit winner in Oreca Viper did 25:41 with 1 stop RH. Fastest AI were Ford (not Gran Turismo!) GT LM spec cars on RM which could do 2:25s but needed two stops. Sure 2J is an easy fallback for a quick win but will try to get the 2:24 laps needed with other iron.

also, ramming and invisible barrier collision penalties.

Tank Car with parts installed? :boggled:

Anybody tried this yet? What special modifications has this got?
Last year we got a tuned car as a prize, too - the Jag.

another "2J" Event i guess. Had a quick sighting-lap this morning and was wondering about bumping from left to right and back again at the invisible barriers...

I would like to handle this event with some different car.
Any suggestion was will do best on this track ?

I would like to know this as well. I'm hoping for additional power to make it more fun but probably not, probably just tires and so on.

I would like to know this as well. I'm hoping for additional power to make it more fun but probably not, probably just tires and so on.

The extra parts are the only parts you can buy ( i think)
All sets of tires are added to the tankcar.
You can still buy/improve at the pitstop (oil, rigidity etc.)

And i also used the 2J , only used race hard tires, and made 1 pitstop between lap 5 and 6, 1st with +40 sec. ahead.
My first try was with Race soft, very bad choice. Don't use race soft, you need more pitstops.

shot0003.png

One more thing, i added the pricemoney/credits at 200% bonus and should get 3.42million
but i really got 5.58 million???:dunce: (only lost 300k:sly:)
shot0004.png

Last edited:
The extra parts are the only parts you can buy ( i think)
All sets of tires are added to the tankcar.
You can still buy/improve at the pitstop (oil, rigidity etc.)

And i also used the 2J , only used race hard tires, and made 1 pitstop between lap 5 and 6, 1st with +40 sec. ahead.
My first try was with Race soft, very bad choice. Don't use race soft, you need more pitstops.

View attachment 493012

One more thing, i added the pricemoney/credits at 200% bonus and should get 3.42million
but i really got 5.58 million???View attachment 493014

Very nice, thank you for the answer. I was hoping PD would have a bit of fun with the tank car, oh well. I will use the 2J for sure haha

Last season PD gave us some very cool "Holiday Seasonals." This is a pale comparison. A desert track with artificial walls? And a time trial that requires a 6 million credit car (essentially unusable in the game) that pays half as much at most if you gold?

I remember this kind of X-mas as a kid. It seems our folks are broke this year.

Last edited:
Time change on Death Valley?!

Yep. I've parked my car to see how far the time change goes. Currently at 13:10...

Update: The sun sets at 16:20, and it's pitch black from 17:00. Looks like the sun might be set to December time, as the sun sets at about 16:30 in Death Valley in December. I'll wait for the sunrise and see if it rises at 6:50 as well. 1 hour and 15 minutes to wait...

Update 2: Yep, sunrise at about 6:50.

Last edited:
Yep. I've parked my car to see how far the time change goes. Currently at 13:10...

Update: The sun sets at 16:20, and it's pitch black from 17:00. Looks like the sun might be set to December time, as the sun sets at about 16:30 in Death Valley in December. I'll wait for the sunrise and see if it rises at 6:50 as well. 1 hour and 15 minutes to wait...

Update 2: Yep, sunrise at about 6:50.
I hope you can share the pitcures. Oh well.

There was one part of the track that had the (left/right) jump that was spinning my 2J around and bouncing me off the invisible walls I could do without, but other than that the track was fun. I used the 2J just to be sure I would win the first time out. I may try this with a few other cars for fun. Used RH and pitted at the end of lap 5. More fuel than tires at the end of the 5 laps. After passing the #2, then #1 cars, both bumper to bumper when I caught them on lap 9, I backed off to be sure I wouldn't run out of tires or fuel.

There was one part of the track that had the (left/right) jump that was spinning my 2J around and bouncing me off the invisible walls I could do without, but other than that the track was fun. I used the 2J just to be sure I would win the first time out. I may try this with a few other cars for fun. Used RH and pitted at the end of lap 5. More fuel than tires at the end of the 5 laps. After passing the #2, then #1 cars, both bumper to bumper when I caught them on lap 9, I backed off to be sure I wouldn't run out of tires or fuel.

It's basically a 3D chicane (not only left-right, but also up-down) :P

The track has too much camber. They should bring it down one or two notches.

Easy win in the 2J, But why 10! laps? 3 or 5 has be better.

Probably because they want fuel consumption and tyre wear to play a part in the race.

It's always fun learning a new course.

Despite some wall contact and penalties, I was able to win easily with a 2J on medium tires, pitting end of lap 4 for new mediums and 37 liters, and end of lap 8 for softs and 37 liters for a strong final stint. My 2J has autoset 211 mph, PL of 84% and 78 kgs ballast.

It wears out the front tires first, but I guess that is a problem for me to work on.

Fun track,HORRIBLE invisible walls! WTF? So much again for being "real driving simulator". At least give us a chance to put one or two wheels off at the apexes.
Did a re-con race with a Cobra Daytona and finished a lowly 11th. Now to find a tune for my 2J or some car.

Fun track,HORRIBLE invisible walls! WTF? So much again for being "real driving simulator". At least give us a chance to put one or two wheels off at the apexes.
Did a re-con race with a Cobra Daytona and finished a lowly 11th. Now to find a tune for my 2J or some car.
Well what do you know, on my second try in my 2J,after adjusting the ballast, I was able to win the race by about 10 secs. Went out on RH, pitted on lap 7 (RS tires) in 1st place, entered back in 7th, caught up and won on an almost an empty tank. SADLY, I forgot I was maxed out at 50M! AAARGH!! lol

Lap 9 of 10.
Nearing the front straight, passing the pit entry.
3rd place. In front of me is the ford gt LM II test car.
Coming up on lapped traffic. Lapped car is in right lane, the ford gt passes, then the lapped car cuts across to enter the pits and just obliterates me.
23 minutes in to this 25 minute race I get taken out by the AI. This was my 3rd attempt of the race as well. I can't even. I just can't.

Video of the tragic event.
Warning: video may encite anger and hatred toward AI.

Back