Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I don't own many electric cars. I think the Prius, which I was forced to buy, I think I won a Tesla and I received a Tesla sedan with the 15th Anniversary Package. I detuned my Model S Signature to 450PP. It won easily. I can't see myself buying parts for the Prius, which is at only 300PP or so, and I doubt I will buy another electric car, so this event probably won't be revisited by me. :grumpy:

I kinda liked this one. Had a detuned signature s from a career race. Easy gold and $170K.

I decided to pick up the Karma EcoSport. No tune and another easy gold. It cost less than the prize. Remember when the seasonal cars cost more than the prize award?

Last edited:
Prius for the easy win. Its the only electric car I owned so I had no idea how it would work out. Turns out, it was a bit overkill.

Tesla Roadster '08 with power limiter at 90%. I think other than that, it was stock. Won by 17 seconds but it was quite fun to drive, particularly after having time away from the game.

I love it! "It's too easy. I won it with detuned this and modified that". Well, I am not a fan of these cars so I won't even spend a dime on tires for them, much less mod them. And since I try to win at the lowest pp possible detuning is a no-no for me unless I absolutely can't win with normal cars. So all these were tested stock with comfort medium tires. Only one car allowed the use of a manual transmission (CRZ a) and it was used for that car. All others were atuomatics by force...

'09 I-MiEV 296 pp 7th place, 22 seconds back

'09 Insight 328 pp 2nd place, 8.6 seconds back

'11 Leaf 334 pp 3rd place, 12 seconds back

'11 Aqua S 337 pp 3rd place, 8.2 seconds back

'10 CRZ a 356 pp 1st place, lead :02.398

'09 Prius 357 pp 1st place, lead :01.471

So if you want it easy, detune and mod. If you want it fun and challenging, run it as is...

I love it! "It's too easy. I won it with detuned this and modified that". Well, I am not a fan of these cars so I won't even spend a dime on tires for them, much less mod them. And since I try to win at the lowest pp possible detuning is a no-no for me unless I absolutely can't win with normal cars. So all these were tested stock with comfort medium tires. Only one car allowed the use of a manual transmission (CRZ a) and it was used for that car. All others were atuomatics by force...

'09 I-MiEV 296 pp 7th place, 22 seconds back

'09 Insight 328 pp 2nd place, 8.6 seconds back

'11 Leaf 334 pp 3rd place, 12 seconds back

'11 Aqua S 337 pp 3rd place, 8.2 seconds back

'10 CRZ a 356 pp 1st place, lead :02.398

'09 Prius 357 pp 1st place, lead :01.471

So if you want it easy, detune and mod. If you want it fun and challenging, run it as is...
:cheers: Did it in the CR-Z, totally stock, M/T. Love it.
And I'm a poor driver compared to you guys (A/T TCS ASM ABS Etc...)
Only ABS 1 and ASM, so I am well pleased with myself!
image.jpg

Tesla Roadster won easily but did do a restart on first attempt because went into the first corner too hot and wound up turned around :dunce::embarrassed::gtpflag:

Stock and untuned leaf apart from weight reduction for a not very easy gold at all... :lol:
I'm Impressed you golded with the Leaf although weight reduction is modding. Leaf acceleration isn't exactly the stuff legends are made of LOL!

Did someone mention before that the flag on the Eiger Nordwand logo looks rather like the danish flag than the swiss one?

images

Danish flag:

upload_2015-1-16_17-14-11.png

Swiss flag:

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-16_17-14-38.png
    upload_2015-1-16_17-14-38.png
    224 bytes · Views: 11
Last edited:
I'm Impressed you golded with the Leaf although weight reduction is modding. Leaf acceleration isn't exactly the stuff legends are made of LOL!

Yeah you're right. I'm annoyed at myself now though because I got within half a second of the Prius in 1st more than once, but got annoyed and reduced weight when I probably could've golded stock with a bit more perseverance.

Did someone mention before that the flag on the Eiger Nordwand logo looks rather like the danish flag than the swiss one?

images

Danish flag:

View attachment 291893

Swiss flag:

I never saw this issue (PD ignorance?) mentioned before, but I noticed it waaay back in time; in the happy days of GT5 Prologue...And no-one has ever said a word about it... It looks indeeeed like Danish flag "Dannebrog"...Oh and it`s the Danish split flag that is only allowed for Danish State and the Queen... Hey we don`t have a single mountain here...:lol:

Last edited:
I never saw this issue (PD ignorance?) mentioned before, but I noticed it waaay back in time; in the happy days of GT5 Prologue...And no-one has ever said a word about it... It looks indeeeed like Danish flag "Dannebrog"...Oh and it`s the Danish split flag that is only allowed for Danish State and the Queen... Hey we don`t have a single mountain here...:lol:

Yeah... the happy days of GT5 Prologue... :) Glad you confirmed my post by the way. 👍

Cheers :cheers: And hav en god aften! (hope Google translated that correctly)

Used my Tesla for this, love how that car handles with low power. Sadly, this was no challenge, I think I won by 14 seconds my first try.

It was "no challenge" lurker because if you can't win with a de-tuned Tesla you need to return to driver's ed....

Okay, now for the final piece of the puzzle, THE RINGER CARS! A ringer car is one that is SO grossly skewed in the race that if you can't win with it you need to go back to driver's ed. That would be the two Teslas and the Fisker. I detuned them to 450 pp and ran them as purchased otherwise. They used automatic transmissions and were equipped with sports hard tires. Here they are in order of finish...

'12 Fisker Karma Ecosport first place, lead :04.187
'08 Tesla Roadster first place, lead :07.388
'12 Tesla Model S Signature Performance first place, lead :12.245

So if you won "easily" with those you get no brownie points. An untrained monkey could win with them stock. Modded, well, can anyone say Rainman????

The absolute cheapest way to take this race (assuming you don't already have a hybrid or electric car) is to grab a 2011 Toyota Aqua S ($17,900) and fit Comfort Soft tires on it ($1,400) - no oil change necessary. I was able to pass the lead 2009 Toyota Prius G "rabbit" in the S-curves on lap 3 and then barely hold on as my Aqua ran out of battery juice in the tunnel while the Prius had plenty to spare.

It does take some daring driving though, and the sound is horrible. If you want a better sound or are ham-fisted, and you don't want to spend a lot, I'd go with either the 2009 Toyota Prius G ($24,500) or the 2010 Honda CR-Z a ($24,980) - both can win relatively easily on the stock Comfort Medium tires.

Back