• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 23 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Beginner Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: High Speed Ring

A-spec #53 Beginner Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ High Speed Ring.png
A-spec [#53] Beginner Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ High Speed Ring.jpg

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Wait, the prize car is the same car that the game forces every single player to buy when they start the game? WTF is wrong with you, PD? :banghead:
Unless you're credit grinding, there is literally no point to this seasonal. It won't be even remotely challenging to win, the circuit is dull, and everyone will already own the prize car.

Wait, the prize car is the same car that the game forces every single player to buy when they start the game? WTF is wrong with you, PD? :banghead:
Unless you're credit grinding, there is literally no point to this seasonal. It won't be even remotely challenging to win, the circuit is dull, and everyone will already own the prize car.
Just sell the prize car.

Have to admit, the Stock Elise 111R is overkill in this seasonal, but a starting point for the quest to - for me - lowest possible PP ;)

With all the money from all the Seasonals the prize cars are irrelevant, a gift is a gift :lol:

Just sell the prize car.

I didn't think it would let you do that with prize cars from seasonals? I have a stockyard full of duplicates, maybe it was just a specific car that I couldn't sell...

With all the money from all the Seasonals the prize cars are irrelevant, a gift is a gift :lol:

Yeah, I can afford to buy whatever I want in the game - I was just thinking that as a prize, it's a bit like winning the world snooker championship and finding out that the prize is a £50 snooker cue. You've very clearly already got one, and with the prize money you could easily buy one that's far better anyway.

(Of course, it could be worse - I once went to the recording of a TV game show. The winner was deaf, and had a sign language interpreter. One of the prizes they won was a Walkman...)

I didn't think it would let you do that with prize cars from seasonals? I have a stockyard full of duplicates, maybe it was just a specific car that I couldn't sell...
Just get rid of the car just like I did 👍

I went for a stock Plymouth XNR that was top of my 'Low Mileage' list. Had to fight super hard to keep 1st position in Lap 3 due to 'Magical Power' suddenly in the Rabbit. :lol:

Complaining about a free car… funny. And you can buy whatever you want? So you'd complain about every car that they gave you?

Of course not. Just observing that it's not really a prize if you give someone a thing that you know they already have, particularly if you forced them to "buy" it in the first place. And there are over a hundred other cars they could have given as a prize that could be bought with the same amount of credits*. PD are either being dumb, or deliberately taking the p:censored:s.

* Whilst I wouldn't go out of my way to buy those cars, if I am given one for free I will likely use it at some point, probably in another seasonal.

You can't sell that for some reason, just remove it from the garage.

... OR just paint it in some fancy chrome color, then put a huge wing on the roof and slam it a few centimeters from the ground, like i did.
Swaaaag.

'10 CR-Z a with once again another awesome tune by @shaunm80. I did tweak it but what an awesome little car. I would have never known about it if I hadn't started a fresh game on my son's account. I used it in the Electric Car race in the National A License race. So thank you again Shaun. I can't even begin to number the golds and wins I've had with your tunes.:cheers:👍👍👍👍:cheers:

Stock results from today (Wins only of course, had also a couple of lower PP losers driving for me ;)):

373PP
- 1:25.986 - 6:09.307 - Toyota 2000GT '67 - CS - FR -153hp - 1120kg - NSX Type S '99 - 6:09.474
(Wheel, MT, TC0, ABS1)

and

371PP - 1:27.904 - 6:18.291 - Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS (NB,J) '98 - CS - FR -142hp - 1030kg - Ford Focus RS '02 - 6:18.414 (Wheel, MT, TC0, ABS1)

Drove the 371PP race first actually - maybe i'll try again to improve the time, maybe will just try lower PPs.

Edit: Had another go after posting this, with a 361PP Mazda Eunos Roadster. Won with a time of 6:19.798. Nice little car, but needed some slip streaming.

Last edited:
Stock, power-limited 512BB, comfort softs, and interior race view provides for some good action in closing laps. Gotta get a little creative when the races are this easy lol

Stock, power-limited 512BB, comfort softs, and interior race view provides for some good action in closing laps. Gotta get a little creative when the races are this easy lol

Had an intense race with a 361PP stock Mazda Roadster last night, hard fought win, finally overtaking the rabbit NSX '99 in the last corner.
At these PPs (under 375 probably) for me the racing begins here, above it's time trial mode.:)
Haven't tried the interior view yet.:lol:

One more for the Stock Challenge :)

450PP at High Speed Ring:
361PP
- 1:27.510 - 6:17.369 - Mazda Eunos Roadster SR-Limited (NA) '97 - CS - FR - 130hp - 1000kg - Mazda RX-7 Type RS-R (FD) '97 - 6:17.568
(Wheel, MT, TC0, ABS1)

Eunos Roadster.jpg

Back