A-spec Beginner Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: High Speed Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 25 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Beginner Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: High Speed Ring

Inq9fx1.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability: 16/10/2014 - 30/10/2014, 04:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Eligible Cars:
Categories: Normal Car

Entry Requirements:
PP: 450 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.75,000
Silver: Cr.45,000
Bronze: Cr.37,500

Gift(s):
Gold: GT MILITARY 010-C paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: High Speed Ring
Track Length: 2.49 miles / 4007 m
Time of day: *
Temp: *ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Honda NSX '01
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R32) '93
TVR V8S '91

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Dino 246, nice thru the esses, AI 2nd and 3rd places kept up 0.75 secs behind. 1:10 lap average.

Last edited:
Used a newer car (new for me, I mean) for this one. Mercedes 190 E 2.5 Evolution II and it drove very nicely. Learned a big lesson on lap one, however, and that is to always look at the track map in the upper left corner, especially if you don't drive the track often. I slammed into a car, so hard, coming out of the tunnel when my vision was blind for a second. That was totally my fault and I spun and spun as a result. Still managed first place by a couple of seconds over the Lotus Elise 111R.

This Mercedes is a nice ride. I forgot how I set it up -- probably for a Nurburgring Nordschleife run, which is where I usually take every new car. If I were to use this car again on this track I would probably want to adjust my Final Gear as I was hitting the rev limiter in 5th every lap.

Fully tuned (w/ballast) Fiat 500 '08 did it easily. NSXs are fast down the straight but the AI likes to take it easy for the rest of the lap, especially at the last corner.

I won this one in a Schwimmwagen Type 166 '42 (7:24.305), took 3 attempts.
Schwimmwagen at Highspeed Ring 10-16-14.jpg
Oops! Got the correct image now!

Last edited:
Won with Mazda Demio '10 that my son bought because he wanted to paint a car. Funny thing was I going to get rid of it but I decided to keep it and fix it up. For a FF it handles pretty well. Beat NSX rabbit by ~1 sec. I should have changed the gears because I kept hitting my top speed too quickly.

Wow. Just had a close race in my Abarth 500 '09 - completely stock. Barely won this race against the Lotus Elise 111R. The margin of victory was 0.082s!

EDIT: I apologize. This Abarth is NOT stock. It's the car that was given as a prize for completing that first stage of the La Sierra challenge, or whatever that new track is called. The awarded a modified car. I haven't changed any of the settings since they gave me the car. That's what I meant by "stock". I understand that I used the word incorrectly and I apologize if I misled anyone.

Upped my Spitfire to 500pp for a win over an NSX. First race, I hadn't changed the gears so topped out at 130mph and got easily taken on the final run in.

Won the second race by 0.5 despite the NSX slamming me into the Armco in a move that wouldn't have been out of place in a Professional Ice Hockey game :dopey:.

Hi friends, I am a rookie in GT series at all and new to the forum.

Beat it twice with Peugeot 205 turbo 16, best lap 7.20.369

PP 450/ 243 HP / Weight 1049 kg
Tires: Sports hard

Glad I am among you through this fanaticism GT ! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back