A-spec, Beginners Class Non-Racing Car Challenge: Circuito di Roma

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 36 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium
A-spec, Beginners Class Non-Racing Car Challenge: Circuito di Roma

Roma.jpg

Period of Availability: 06/12/2014 - 06/26/2014, 3:00 GMT
(Click here to convert to your local time).

Single Race:
Duration, 5 min.
PP: 500 , Tires: SH or Less.
Nitrous cannot be installed.
Eligible Cars, Normal Car.

Typical Opponents:
Tommy Kaira ZZ-S '00
BMW Z8 '01
Jaguar XKR R Performance '02

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.25,000
Silver: Cr.30,000
Gold Cr.50,000

SRF is optional

Course Conditions:
Time, 16:30.
Precipitation, 0%.
Track: Circuito di Roma.

Roma_Track.jpg

TUNES:

Audi TTS Coupe '09 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

Mitstubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR ‘98 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 - @Woodski_427

Seasonal tunes directory here maintained by @XS.

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

OP may not be updated daily between 7:00 GMT, and 19:00GMT.
Reason: Sleep and other life-related tasks in my time zone. :)

-----------------------------------------
When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.
-Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
Did this in my Subaru Impreza WRX STI NBR S206 full stock ( won it on the GT5 Seasonals ) and it was an easy win :cheers:

I have many cars at 450PP to 500PP in my garage which are capable of getting 1st place very easily in my garage. See link below and scroll down to the 500PP Section.

Link here

All i ask is if you use a car from the link. let me know so I can add it to the Original tune post so others know its good to go. Many thanks

I thought about tuning a bunch of cars for these events but you don't even need a good tune to win these. I did them all in cars well below the max PP level with no tune on them at all, just factory stock settings. So yea, posting tunes here for these would just be a waste I believe....unless someone requests one for whatever reason then I will be glad to help out. You really don't need one though, just tweak the trans and you should be good to go.

I thought about tuning a bunch of cars for these events but you don't even need a good tune to win these. I did them all in cars well below the max PP level with no tune on them at all, just factory stock settings. So yea, posting tunes here for these would just be a waste I believe....unless someone requests one for whatever reason then I will be glad to help out. You really don't need one though, just tweak the trans and you should be good to go.

Agreed, recommended cars list might be effective for these Seasonal events.
Of course, not everyone has the same skill level or controls, so demand for tunes will be there.

I will have to load up the PS3 to find out. It is one of the GT paints from the time seasonals for sure though. I am getting a little bored of the singing that can't be heard in the opening ceremony of the world cup so Ill take a look now.

Edit: The paint is called GT GUNMETAL 007-W

Agreed, recommended cars list might be effective for these Seasonal events.
Of course, not everyone has the same skill level or controls, so demand for tunes will be there.

I agree my good friend 👍, that's why I said I will gladly post a tune for anyone that would like one. 👍 I do have a bunch of cars in my garage that I have tuned with no power upgrades.... just trans, suspension, and drivetrain parts which I may list if anyone is interested. I have yet to make any general PP specific tunes however as I have been getting more enjoyment out of tuning cars with no power upgrades and just tuning the suspension, trans, and LSD. This type of tuning may fit right in here the more I think about it for anyone wanting a challenge as these are not tuned with any power parts. Let me know what you guys think about this and if there is a demand, I will list what I have so far and possibly do more this way. I just figured there was already enough PP specific tunes out there so that's one of the reasons I started tuning this way.

Only a few more days left of the Academy and for me to realize my dream, but after that I will be back here in the Seasonal section full time again for some more great fun and shenanigans with you guys. :sly:

Just a little heads up, for those who like to use something a little bit different. The Chrysler Prowler was an easy win and a whole lot of fun for me in this event.

That 5 minute time is worth noting, driving along and then notice no lap "/n" : how long is this race?

1:25.3 laps - four of them, should win. Used a Mazda RX-7 from an earlier TT.

Even my Screaming Chicken Trans Am won this one, watch out at the acute right (Via dei Cerchi) after the Colosseum, can get rammed from behind there by those Italian drivers.

Last edited:
I used the GT40 with the same tune from the last TT and my trusty '98 RX7 for the intermediate. Probably going to use my Z06 for the expert. It's really good to know that you can run them and win money again. This will help my 2nd account cause I forgot to do the money glitch on my 2nd account.

Stock Alfa 8C was easy. Won by more than 5s. Was in the lead after lap 2. Strangely, the AI picks up pace once you've overtaken them.

This was fairly easy I used a 69 Vette and '02 NSX Type R. I think with the Vette I was trying too hard as I was very sloppy in my my line but when I used the NSX I was ahead after the 1st lap.

Tesla Roadster eats them up here, once I'd learned to stay out of the way of the maniac AI. On my first go I'd got to P1 approaching the tight right-hander before the second long straight, braked at my usual point, which was later than any of the AI, and the P2 car slammed into the back of me with massive overspeed and shunted me into the barrier. Really, if you're going to try to outbrake me at least have the decency to dive down the inside.

I'm actually having a lot more fun with this event than the other two. Driving cars with 100pp handicap is just lol. I wonder how low you can go and still win...

Anyone experiencing engine sound issues on this race? Seems as if the first third of the first lap the engine sound is too high pitched no matter what car I use, but then starts to sound normal for the rest of the race. Weird. Maybe it's just me.

Anyone experiencing engine sound issues on this race? Seems as if the first third of the first lap the engine sound is too high pitched no matter what car I use, but then starts to sound normal for the rest of the race. Weird. Maybe it's just me.

I notice the sound in my car cuts off when i was drafting a car but when I passed it,it went back to normal.

Last edited:
Back