A-spec Beginners Level Front-Wheel Drive Challenge: Circuito di Roma

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 37 comments
Did this in my Focus ST '13 with power and weight mods up to 449pp. Blew them away, as I expected from a beginner event.

I'm going to use a slower car next time. Maybe do a classic.

I don't know why folks wouldn't like the FF Seasonals. FF's are fun drive and chew up corners like there's no tomorrow.I just used my Integra Type R (DC5)'04 for the quick win. What a fun car.

crybaby_zps464412e5avatar3template_zps1f7c86b2.jpg

What tune are you using? Is it For Your eyes Only?

This was one of those quick-throw-some-Cr-at-it moments...

sports hard tires

racing suspension-hard

Racing brakes 5/5

Racing transmission, auto set to 99 mph after power mods

standard diff +clutch

All power mods

No weight reduction mods

I took it out and and clinched the win at the last turn, then blocked to the finish. Was planning on needing to dial it in, but it drove well enough (except around that tight bit) that I said "screw it" and went for the finish. Oh, and it is Gris Bleu...which happens to be very gris. and very bleu.

This was one of those quick-throw-some-Cr-at-it moments...

sports hard tires

racing suspension-hard

Racing brakes 5/5

Racing transmission, auto set to 99 mph after power mods

standard diff +clutch

All power mods

No weight reduction mods

I took it out and and clinched the win at the last turn, then blocked to the finish. Was planning on needing to dial it in, but it drove well enough (except around that tight bit) that I said "screw it" and went for the finish. Oh, and it is Gris Bleu...which happens to be very gris. and very bleu.

Thanks - those wheels look pretty mean. It's as if the whole stance is: "Go ahead. Make . . my . . day. Grrrr."

Weird, I'd chosen Isotope Green for my 2CV, much the same colour.

Here's mine:

Circuito%20di%20Roma_24_zpspdhmlr2z.jpg

Circuito%20di%20Roma_26_zpstdksh9jw.jpg

And here it is involved in some serious last corner-before-the-flag Seasonal action. :D :

Circuito%20di%20Roma_31_zpsp3y3hepr.jpg

Another win to its credit, and lovingly washed and put away.

Managed to get the win with a stock Eagle Talon '97 (352pp) by 2 tenths. Would have lost had the start/finish line been a bit farther away as I was down on top speed.

I don't know why folks wouldn't like the FF Seasonals. FF's are fun drive and chew up corners like there's no tomorrow.I just used my Integra Type R (DC5)'04 for the quick win. What a fun car.
It really depends on the car. Heavy FF cars usually understeer too much, so they aren't fun to drive. Compact cars like the Peugeot 106 or the Toyota Yaris handle like a dream. I can see why they are popular in Europe. Well, that and because the roads and parking spaces are small and bigger cars are too expensive because of massive taxes.

Back