A-spec Beginners Level GT500 Race Car Challenge: High Speed Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 66 comments
My easiest win so far. Opera Performance S2000.
This car is really fast!

BenMillard
Don't think I have a 250 GTO Race Car. Somewhere pretty for my credits to go. :) Can it be repainted? YES!!

The lowest PP stock I've won in so far is the RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 base model '06 @504PP.

If you want a laugh try a stock Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98. See how many cars you can pass. I managed two. It will try to kill you at every opportunity.
Well done on the RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 base model '06 :cheers:, I have tried this car and won but I don't think there is any other race car under 504PP that can win the race stock.

I used the McClaren GTR and won easily. Then went back in with the 2J to see what the difference was. 1:01's with the 2J and boring easy win.

For those who have a 250 GTO laying around and want a really good challenge, try this:

Use exactly:
Max 520PP
Sport Soft Tires
Use race brakes, limited slip diff etc..

It's a really satisfying and fairly tough one to win, took me a few tries! Not sure why people take the 2j (or equivalent beast) out into a beginner race.. guess you guys just like humiliating AI's lol

I used the McClaren GTR and won easily. Then went back in with the 2J to see what the difference was. 1:01's with the 2J and boring easy win.

The only fun I'm having in this event is to try all the race cars I don't often use. Found only one car able to break the 1:00.xxx barrier, Ford GT40 '69. 0:59.8xx without slipstream!

Using this old tail happy Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98 with 580pp Sport Hard tires without any driving aids very satisfying. :cheers:
IMG_20160508_201038.jpg

The only fun I'm having in this event is to try all the race cars I don't often use. Found only one car able to break the 1:00.xxx barrier, Ford GT40 '69. 0:59.8xx without slipstream!

I love the GT40, one of my favorite race cars. Have to try it out.

@hotsaucer @sync the 250 GTO is a lot of fun! Cannot change the default camber and toe...bah...still fun!

530pp got me an easy win, passing for lead on main straight start of lap 4. 520pp gave me a smooth drive to fairly easy win, passing for lead towards the exit of Turn 1.

Random guess tune...
Stats (500pp Stats)
500pp
360bhp
880kg

Suspension
100 100
9.23 9.00 (9.25 8.75)
1 1
1 1
7 7 (7 5)
1.5 3.5 (cannot change)
-0.50 1.00 (cannot change)

Racing Brakes
4 3

Differential
5 5 5 (maybe 5 6 5 or more would be best but DS3 with SS tyres is a pain through the S-bend)

Power
No oil change
Limiter 96%
Engine Stage 2
No Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter
Intake Tuning (no intake tuning)

Body
No chassis reinforcement
No downforce (cannot change and haven't checked for special wing)
Weight Reduction Stage 3 (no weight reduction)
Window Weight Reduction (standard windows)

Gearbox
Final drive: Nearly all the way right
Top Speed: 190km/h (nearly all the way left)
1: 3.150 (3.239)
2: 2.225 (2.294)
3: 1.800 (1.750)
4: 1.500 (1.450)
5: 1.236 (2.250)
Final: 3.000
Sprayed it Solid > Turchese Farfalla, a sort of Hawaiian blue. Metallic looked a bit too 'bling'.

Could be fun at Nurburgring rain race, too. Which tyres to use, though? EDIT: No. It is not fun with DS3.

EDIT2: Not clean but 4m55.984s win at 500pp on High Speed Ring. Couple of tweaks to the tune, marked.

Last edited:
i think its fun enough with all those GT300 cars between 500 and 520 PPs.
In a 600PP Race Car one should beat this backwards :D

It says "Challenge" in the topic , anyone found this in there ? ;)

anyway i love this track and with a 75-100 PP gap at least you should not spin out to win this event
sometime "challenging" enough :)

Lowered the power of my Diablo GTR GT1 replica ( based on GT2 '98 ) to 568PP/560+HP, won on SH tire, have to run low aero + draft to win.

Not so long ago, the quick match had a race on this track, 550pp.
Was running 1:04 with the Miura, no downforce needed for this track!

What are the rules here.
Any car allowable.
Must be totally stock, no tuning at all except to lower PP using Power Limiter?

What about tyres? They'd have to all be the same, racing hard are the best allowed so I guess that is it.

Last edited:
What are the rules here.
Any car allowable.

What about tyres? They'd have to all be the same.
Any race car I think as long as it 600PP or under, you can tune it if you want, I have tune car to 500PP and still win mate.

Last edited:
What are the rules here.
Any car allowable.

What about tyres? They'd have to all be the same, racing hard are the best allowed so I guess that is it.

Race cars, 600PP or less, RH tire, but if you want to make it challenging and more fun, drop tires to SH, reduce PP as low as possible until you can only win by taking the lead late on last lap :D My favorite is Diablo GT2 ( replica build, 42/58 weight split ) reduced power, 560+PP, SH tire ( must be smooth, little mistake costs a lot of time ), GT1 gearbox, had to take advantage of slipstream in order to have hope to win. I also tried to win without any contact :D

Any race car I think as long as it 600PP or under, you can tune it if you want, I have tune car to 500PP and still win mate.
I tried the car you win for doing the Cote D'Azure race, the RS Turbo Ralle 85, stock at 526 PP and no problems, but dropped down to 499PP and only made 4th. So will try another car.

Back