A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Cape Ring North

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 22 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Cape Ring North

A-spec #57 Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Cape Ring North.png

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Had fun with the GSX-R, you only have to brake three times on the whole lap and simply lift off the throttle for the rest. The prize car was disappointing.

Thanks to PD for using this track. It was a favorite of mine in GT5 and now GT6. I took the prize car from the Intermediate race and tuned it myself. I did have to lower the spring rates because on this track I use the rumble strips a great deal of the time. I founf that out in Test Drive as I ended upside down.:dunce::lol: It is very nice little car. With race exhaust it sounds pretty good too. I was in the lead at the end of lap 2 and sailed home for any easy win. Thanks again to @skeagracing 👍 for helping me learn to tune.

Attachments

• 20170824_145529[1].jpg
    20170824_145529[1].jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Had a great time at Cape Ring. My 450 PP cars are quite fun was well. I had to remember to soften the springs. I almost ended upside over one of the rumble strips. Just running for fun and enjoying PD's offerings this go around.

Attachments

• 20170825_163624[1].jpg
    20170825_163624[1].jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20170825_162256[1].jpg
    20170825_162256[1].jpg
    86 KB · Views: 28
  • 20170825_164652[1].jpg
    20170825_164652[1].jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 27
Had some fun at Cape Ring today. I ran my trusty 510 and some other cars that have been collecting dust. I ran the pink Kubelwaggon to honor @WhoosierGirl and the Fiat turbo coupe and the Lotus Elan S1. Sure wish PD would let us gift cars to other players. Mostly junk cars as prizes and you can't sell them or give them away. My stockyard is beginning to fill up.

Attachments

• Elan S1.jpg
    Elan S1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 510.jpg
    510.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Kubelwaggon.jpg
    Kubelwaggon.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Fiat Coupe.jpg
    Fiat Coupe.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 19
Ludicrously easy race, thanks to the fact the AI simply cannot deal with the Rainbow Bridge.

With J. Morales (Impreza) as the lead car, I can win in my fabulous, Barried, 330PP Micra (well, March).

barrymicra.jpg
Edit: And at 325PP...
seasonal-result-20170829-0001.jpg
Edit: And another seven seconds slower at 320PP (97hp, 1155kg)!
seasonal-result-20170829-0002.jpg

Last edited:
Another completely Stock car that wins it easily against the right field (and because of the bridge :lol:):

347PP - 1:56.842 - 8:15.856 - VW Lupo GTi '01 - CS - FF - 114bhp - 975kg - BMW M Coupe '98 - 8:16.954
(Wheel, MT, ABS1)

Cape Ring - VW Lupo GTi Race.jpg

Don't know how much lower (PP) i can go before i have to change car settings, e.g. Transmission ;)

:cheers:

Ludicrously easy race, thanks to the fact the AI simply cannot deal with the Rainbow Bridge.

What settings apart from Power and Body did you change?

Running fully optimized at 320PP (97bhp, 1155kg) i won a race with 8:25 :), with stock settings except Power and Body on CS tyres i only ran a 8:38 :confused:

:cheers:

What settings apart from Power and Body did you change?
I honestly can't remember. We made terrible Barry cars for some reason a little while back and I just picked it out of the garage because it looks ridiculous.

It seems to be scraping the floor and has bucketloads of camber too, so I'm guessing it's not exactly stock - but it may have been made for looking Barry rather than to drive well!

I honestly can't remember. We made terrible Barry cars for some reason a little while back and I just picked it out of the garage because it looks ridiculous.

It seems to be scraping the floor and has bucketloads of camber too, so I'm guessing it's not exactly stock - but it may have been made for looking Barry rather than to drive well!

Thanks for letting me know :cheers:

With the complete Stock version i managed another 'easy' win:

344PP - 1:58.632 - 8:24.910 - Nissan March 12SR '07 - CS - FF - 108bhp - 960kg - Nissan Skyline GT-R V.spec (R32) '93 - 8:24.974 (Wheel, MT, ABS1)

Glad my name's not Barry.

Never heard that term before.
A Barry, or Barryboy, is a young male who drives a crap hatchback (usually) which has been excessively modified, usually in a manner that sees no performance benefits. Typically this is stuff like putting it as close to the floor as possible, a crap bodykit, garish paintjob, Lexus lights, big wing, massive exhaust and lots and lots of stickers. Basically kids who think their cars are race cars, when they're barely cars.

Like this:
haseknacorsausual.jpg

And my Micra :lol:

I tried to go as low as I could with the stock SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX at 340 pp. After showing some control to not to throw away my sixaxis in frustration because of the inhumane Elise 111R acceleration I decided to use the GT-APEX Shigeno's suspension and improve from there. I do some tunning without touching the suspension any further and not going higher than 340pp. After redistributing the car's weight, using SH tires, race brakes and other things I finally beat that %$#%$&# bunny
GTAPEX_340pp.jpg

Then I tought "how about to test this configuration at lower pp without te &%$/& elise"
Same configuration at 324pp
GTAPEX_324pp.jpg

Won relatively "easy", how about go as low as I can go?
319pp
GTAPEX_319pp.jpg

I started using the apex out of curiosity for being the car used in that anime (I havent watched it yet), but now I get why it is famous. Please note that last race getting the shigeno's version in the roster, while the game does not allows me to do so (I guess its because its a "custom made" version)

Back