A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Cape Ring North

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 60 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol

01-cape-jpg.271519

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability: 11/12/2014 - 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC .. EXTENDED OPEN TIME

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Entry Requirements:
PP: 450 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Categories: Normal Car
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.80,000
Silver: Cr.48,000
Bronze: Cr.40,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT METALLIC 007-W paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Cape Ring North
Track Length: 2.39 miles / 3846 m
Time of day: 14:30
Temp: 23-25ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Honda NSX '01
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec (R32) '93
TVR V8S '91

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:

01-cape-jpg.271519

Period of Availability: 11/12/2014 - 25/12/2014 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:

Entry Requirements:

Prizes:

Gift(s):

Track Conditions:
Time of day: **:**
Temp: **ºc

Typical Opponents:
Honda NSX '01
TVR V8S '91

Tunes:

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

I used my trusty Honda Fit, then the Abarth, just to pi$$ them all off. Ha Ha.

Needed 1:58 laps with Hommell Berlinette to beat the yellow NSX. As usual with Seasonals at Cape Ring the AI cars are very slow around the loop, but the NSX at least makes a game of it elsewhere.

Won this one with a detuned AE 86 GT. Don't who to give credit to for the tune. I think I must have adapted either @praiano63 or @shaunm80 as I couldn't find a tune for this one. This group of Seasonals brought a big smile to my face. Three of my favorite tracks. Didn't even get the prize money as I have been at 50 mil credits for months. I don't think i'll run this one again though. To me this track is too long for such low PP cars. I've won all 3 of them in 30 minutes. The only reason it took that long was because I did a few laps at each track in Test Drive before going to the races. Ran 5 laps at 1:45 and change. P1 at the end of lap 2 so I wasn't pushing it at all.

Excellent job with keeping everyone updated with the seasonals, @nowcontrol 👍👍👍!

Last edited:
The AI is ridiculously slow on this track :crazy:

First I used my 395PP '11 Elise on comfort softs, beat the '01 NSX by 21+ seconds. After that I thought it would be more interesting if I used comfort hard tires. Well, not exactly... I still got the lead on lap 2 and beat the NSX by 5 seconds or so.

I don't really mind having a super slow AI though, as that allows me to use worse tires and a large variety of cars :lol:

Probably going to use my Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07, like i almost do for every beginner Normal car race.

offtopic, @nowcontrol , How many alerts;) do you see after you created these season topics?:cheers:Must be a lot....Thanks for these topics.👍

\edit. eeehm Got 1st in lap 1? This one is really too easy.
I was very happy with Cape Ring North, haven't driven it a long time, but this is not funny anymore.Christmass present for really really bad drivers?

Last edited:
Wow...I have owned GT6 for almost a year now and I don't think I've ever driven this particular setup of the Cape Ring track. It was completely unfamiliar to me! I decided to take out my newly purchased Lancia Stratos '73. It's a squirrely car and provided for a very interesting race. I'm sure my lack of knowledge with the track layout helped, but that car is fun! :D

285PP Mazda Demio Sport '10 vs. RX-7, another pretty easy win. Took the lead on lap 4 :boggled:

Won with a Citroen 2CV too, but I had to tune that car :P

Wow...I have owned GT6 for almost a year now and I don't think I've ever driven this particular setup of the Cape Ring track. It was completely unfamiliar to me! I decided to take out my newly purchased Lancia Stratos '73. It's a squirrely car and provided for a very interesting race. I'm sure my lack of knowledge with the track layout helped, but that car is fun! :D
@ALB123 or anyone else, fit CS tires to the front & your Stratos will be transformed. I used 1-3 brake bias with an oil change on an otherwise stock Stratos for an easy Gold.

I used my trusty Honda Fit, then the Abarth, just to pi$$ them all off. Ha Ha.

You don't really want to bypass the swear filter in here; plenty of ways to express your thoughts lucidly.
I have been wanting to take the Abarth for a spin and I guess this might be the chance I got; were they stock or tuned?

Needed 1:58 laps with Hommell Berlinette to beat the yellow NSX. As usual with Seasonals at Cape Ring the AI cars are very slow around the loop, but the NSX at least makes a game of it elsewhere.

Monroe is quite a fast driver in the NSX - but Gibson, from Britain, who drives the Elis 111R '04, I'm observing right now, will give you a helluva run for your money.
See if you can get that field to come up, and if using the right car, (may I suggest a 400 - 450 PP Mini) you could have some very close races.

The AI is ridiculously slow on this track :crazy:

First I used my 395PP '11 Elise on comfort softs, beat the '01 NSX by 21+ seconds. After that I thought it would be more interesting if I used comfort hard tires. Well, not exactly... I still got the lead on lap 2 and beat the NSX by 5 seconds or so.

I don't really mind having a super slow AI though, as that allows me to use worse tires and a large variety of cars :lol:

This is what I like most about Gran Turismo; the freedom to experiment with a great variety of cars. Ordinary cars.

Sure cure for boredom: learn to master the Stratos. :) :lol:
Glad you discovered Cape Ring. For a guy like me, a working, married adult who doesn't have a whole bunch of time with the game, this game just keeps on giving and giving every time I boot up the game.
I have tons of stuff left to do.
In fact I never click on any TT events; just don't have the time for it.
However - I'm extremely grateful for those who do - the info they send back to PD is invaluable.

01-cape-jpg.271519

Period of Availability: 11/12/2014 - 25/12/2014 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:

Entry Requirements:

Prizes:

Gift(s):

Track Conditions:
Time of day: **:**
Temp: **ºc

Typical Opponents:
Honda NSX '01
TVR V8S '91

Tunes:

Thank you for all this information. Thanks a lot

1971 Nissan 240Z on CS tires, no mods, no assists, no abs, just how it comes at 378 pp made it fun and still squeaked in for the gold. Toilet bowl was the key--get enough of a lead there to bring it home.

This track is a kick in the butt, I just wish the AI wouldn't hit the brakes so hard at the corkscrew, makes it really easy to catch the lead. The mk1 golf and little Honda Today were also fun. Need to try an mr2 next.
image.jpg

You don't really want to bypass the swear filter in here; plenty of ways to express your thoughts lucidly.
I have been wanting to take the Abarth for a spin and I guess this might be the chance I got; were they stock or tuned?

Monroe is quite a fast driver in the NSX - but Gibson, from Britain, who drives the Elis 111R '04, I'm observing right now, will give you a helluva run for your money.
See if you can get that field to come up, and if using the right car, (may I suggest a 400 - 450 PP Mini) you could have some very close races.

This is what I like most about Gran Turismo; the freedom to experiment with a great variety of cars. Ordinary cars.

Sure cure for boredom: learn to master the Stratos. :) :lol:
Glad you discovered Cape Ring. For a guy like me, a working, married adult who doesn't have a whole bunch of time with the game, this game just keeps on giving and giving every time I boot up the game.
I have tons of stuff left to do.
In fact I never click on any TT events; just don't have the time for it.
However - I'm extremely grateful for those who do - the info they send back to PD is invaluable.[/QUOTE

Back