A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Suzuka Circuit East Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 45 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Suzuka Circuit East Course

A-spec #19 Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Suzuka Circuit East Course.jpg

A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Suzuka Circuit East Course.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Alfa Mito 1.4 T Sport for any easy win. looks like this is gonna be one of those how low can you with PP. Didn't even get credits but Matte Orange is a cool color to have.

Keep up the good work, @nowcontrol. 👍 The latest layout looks . . um . . fab, too. :)

Took my Mini as usual to the Beginners to check out the competition before I started reeling back to met their pace.

IMG_4722_zpsczwrbv4d.jpg

I don't think any of these rabbits could go faster than 5:30:00.

Ran a 5.32.716 with my '02 Mazda Protoge'. I ran it a couple of times until I got a sub one minute lap. Will have to try out a few more cars to see how low I can go. It's free money, right?

Fun ride in my bone stock Corvette Coupe (C2) '63 on CS although after 5 laps I've heard enough screeching tires.

PD's advice for this event is funny though, I think I overtook every car on the curving part of the track and none on the straights. :)

Got the paintchip and moving on!

I used a stock Toyota 86 GT '12. Easy win, but almost wrecked on the last lap when I got a little lazy and clipped the grass with my rear tire. :lol:

I won it with my '95 Suzuki Cappuccino at 400 PP and every other 400 PP car I have. The '67 Mazda Cosmo Sport was lots of fun. I had forgotten I had this car until I did a search by PP. It's also not a bad payout for 5 minutes or so. 400k for 7 minutes at the Ring is a much better payout but nowhere near as much fun. I don't need the credits anymore since I have been at 50 mil for the last 8 months. I've bought cars that I'll most likely never use just so I would lose credits.

I was one of the fortunate ones that got the money glitch when the game was first released. So I bought all of the 20 mil cars I wanted and the same for the 15 and 10 mil cars plus all the cars I really wanted plus I have 4 of the 20 mil ferrari's that are worth 6 mil each. My entire garage consists of 221 cars. I don't mean to sound as if I'm bragging I was just wise with my credits and it did take me quite a while to get to 50 mil, but since I've been there it hasn't been hard to stay there. I really wish they would let us give/trade cars and paint chips because I would be more than happy to help out those in need.

Last edited:
I ran this again with my Nissan 240ZG (HS30) '71. She's rockin' 378PP stock. 147 horses with 152 lb/ft of torque to match. I had the victory easily, until I went wide at the final blind right-hand turn which puts you back onto the straightaway to the finish line. I drifted wide due to a little too much entry speed and found my tires hitting sand. I lost practically all momentum but luckily pulled back out onto the pavement before the NSX, which was in 2nd place, passed me for the lead. If he had, I obviously would have lost the race as the finish line is about an 1/8 of a mile, or less, from that corner. :nervous:

This Nissan 240ZG is a pig in a straight line, but she really handles very well through the esses sections. I was able to blow past AI drivers on the inside and outside through those corners. Now, I know I wouldn't be able to do that against human opponents, but I also wouldn't be driving a 378pp car against humans who are driving 500pp cars! :eek: :lol:

Won with a factory fresh stock Scion FRS, no oil change and 80 kg ballast on CH's. No aids. Hadn't driven the Subieyota triplets in GT6 yet. Awesome handling like their real-life counterparts.

AI is on a Sunday drive through the esses. Fun zipping through them however.

This will be a fun run for some Japanese oldies on CH's.

Here are three cars I just had some fun with this afternoon:
Mazda Demio Sport 341pp-racing suspension/lsd/5-speed
Isuzu Bellet-347pp-racing susp/lsd/5-speed
Peugeot 106 Rallye 348pp-no mods

All first placers. Closest race was in the Mazda and Isuzu. That 106 is pretty fun out of the box.

I did a few runs at this one:

Citroen 2CV @ 367pp 57 bhp, SH. Win over NSX '01 (Vitale) 6:11.692 by 0.868. Got the Old dog new tricks trophy.

Honda 1300 Coupe @ 400pp 168 bhp, CS. Win over NSX 99 (Monroe) 5:55.109 by 0862.

Then I ran a stock '83 Civic 1500 @ 349 pp 97 bhp, CS. Three attempts and I could not get the win over Hu in his FD RX7 - I was about a second short each attempt with a best time of 6:09.8xx

In an act of revenge, I took to my track prepared '79 Civic (coolest of all IMO).

Honda Civic CX '79 @ 400pp 156 bhp, CS. Win over Impreza STi (Costa) 5:55.675 by 2.193, Hu in third place.

Honda Civic CX '79 @ 400pp 143 bhp, CS. Win over Impreza STi (Costa) 5:52.235 by 2.145, Hu in third.

The first 79 Civic run had more weight to start with to get more bhp at the pp level, as I'd originally configure it for a Nordscheife race.

The 2CV was full throttle for most of the track, slow but good fun and a win! The '83 Civic is a nice drive, but I could not pass the RX7 round the final corner, and he just out accelerated me to the line; a better gear setup would be enough to make it easier. Still loving the 1300 Coupe though, nice drive and just carves through the esses.

I like the lower pp events but Suzuka East gets a bit dull. Moving back to Spa...

Last edited:
I've just been having a lot of fun improving my driving skills with this event. I used to drive with all assists on, now I turned off almost all of them and did this event in a bunch of lovely classic cars, tons of fun to learn to improve your game this way. :) And the credit payoff is a nice bonus as well. I know my times are way off competitive levels but I sure had a blast beating the AI at this. :)

The changes I made beforehand : (all at once :P)
transmission: AT => MT (using clutch shifter & pedal of my G27)
driving line: on => off
active steering: strong => off
traction control: 5 => 0
ASM: on => off
skid recovery force: on => off

Stuff I kept :
camera: bonnet view
blind spot indicator: on
ABS: 1
(I think that's also how most of you guys do it?)

Setup for all 5 cars was starting from bone stock, add some external parts if they make the car look better, change oil, improve body rigidity and in case that would bring me above 450 pp use the power limiter (2 out of 5 cars). For the rest everything in the car setup menu stayed in stock form, including the tires. I think 3 cars came with CS and 2 with SH.

I started out in the Alpine A110 '72 since that is one of my favorite classic cars, it took me 2 attempts to get a bit used to the new dynamics of the car, to clutch-shifting and also to missing that driving line (even though I know Suzuka East very well I did miss it :P). I was so happy when the 3rd time I finally beat all the AI cars, I think my heart rate even increased from excitement that last lap. :P Started to get the hang of it and with 3 other cars I won the race the first attempt, even after spinning out with 2 of them. Only with 1 other car I had to redo the event a second time before I could finish 1st.

2015-03-01%2000.39.45.jpg

2015-03-01%2001.03.31.jpg

2015-03-01%2001.35.54.jpg

2015-03-01%2002.02.43.jpg

2015-03-01%2002.24.00.jpg

First impressions of this totally new driving experience:
1) You really start to appreciate the difference in gearboxes. When I drove on AT I didn't really care about gears, now having a car with 3, 4 or 5 gears is really a whole new experience.
2) You really feel the differences in drivetrains without all those assists. The handling of the Alpine was much easier than the other cars since it's RR (& the other 4 are FR) so it's rear didn't spin out as easily. I never realised how much assists cover this up and take away the fun.
3) I think I liked the Cuda the most but that also has to do with the looks and engine sound of the car.
4) The Corvette even though having only 3 gears was the most difficult to drive since it seemed to spin out the easiest of all FR cars.
5) The Mustang was the only car that hit the limiter at the long straight so I guess it has the lowest topspeed of all 5 cars.
6) Cars just feel way more dynamic in general

Last edited:
Gave this a go again with F.I.T.T. Rx-8 tune #4 and ran a sloppy 5.26 for an easy win. Had a 58.2 lap as my best and I wasn't even trying.

Back