A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Twin Ring Motegi East Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 49 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Twin Ring Motegi East Course

A-spec #21 Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Twin Ring Motegi East Course.jpg

A-spec [#21] Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Twin Ring Motegi East Course.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
In the voice of Darrell Waltrip: Boogity boogity boogity, let's go racing boys.... We have a 12 car battle for the win!

View attachment 337456

How did you manage that? :crazy:

Took a Bluebird in - had fun, then a Cosmo for some daredevil excitement after that.
Here's a slice of my action:

Coming in for the kill - last lap, P1 and P2 ahead of me. I'm looking at the gap.

Twin%20Ring%20Motegi%20East%20Course_1_zpsbpcua1cd.jpg

I go for it; the Cosmo is up to anything. :D

Twin%20Ring%20Motegi%20East%20Course_3_zpsipmu595d.jpg

I grab the gap, but P2 closes in on me:

Twin%20Ring%20Motegi%20East%20Course_6_zpsfvzdzn3h.jpg

Meanwhile P1 starts to brake to slow me down and P2 tries to accordian me, so I jump out of the gap.

Twin%20Ring%20Motegi%20East%20Course_8_zpsnldm7r5c.jpg

Which set me up perfectly for a second overtake around the same corner:

Twin%20Ring%20Motegi%20East%20Course_11_zps7kzjse0f.jpg

I told them to follow the leader

Twin%20Ring%20Motegi%20East%20Course_13_zpsfcntv4wc.jpg

And then I took off like a wild man in the Cosmo.

Twin%20Ring%20Motegi%20East%20Course_14_zpsxqfgadaj.jpg

What a car. Nice chance to take it out.Running ABS 1, TCs 1, no Nos, all off. 400 PP and a hard suspension, a fun drive around the curves of this track and she never runs out of breath on the straight.

Lots more cars in this range to have fun with. Or with which to have fun. ;)

I don't mind the lower PP events like this one. I just wish they were a little more competitive. Although, this particular event is "Beginners" level, so perhaps I shouldn't complain about the lack of competitiveness. Maybe I should be advocating for 400PP Expert Level races where the AI actually provide a challenge.

I had a Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11 show up at the top of my list of eligible cars (sorted by PP), so I used it. When I finish with the other races I will definitely be back to re-run this race with a less powerful car on CS or CM tires.

Instead of sorting my premium bare bone stock cars on pp, I sorted them on year instead since I love classic cars the most. The first car on the list which I thought was able to win the event was the BMW 507 '57 which comes at 362 pp and has CS tires. Pretty fun ride and quite challenging with the grid I had but the engine sound of the car is very dull.

When you look at the hood and bumper, before you accuse me of slamming into any cars let me assure you that is not the case! Those Japanese bugs in spring season, man they are huge... HUGE! ;)

bmw507_ss.jpg

bmw507_result.jpg

Good race to practice FF corner technique for brake early and power out to minimize understeer. It can also be good practice for trail brake to control the corner. Powering out of the corner seems to produce better times for my driving style.

And let's not forget to mention a Jaguar XKE. Pretty easy win with totally stock set up, downtuned a bit with power limiter to make it legal. :gtpflag:

What is this word 'fun' I keep hearing about here? You guys having fun? What! Get serious! This is the problem with beginners. Just having too much fun.
:dopey:

On that note - I didn't have the Cosmo on CHs but if I did that it would be a closer race. I find that I can limit most cars in this class one way or another to max out my skills in keeping up with them - and as we've found out many a time, the AI pace us. If we look at the screenshots provided so far, it ssems like the AI can reach different speeds - some times the same AI Bob being considerably faster or slower according to the player's pace.

I have to say that I can easily get addicted to the 'Beginners' as they call it Level, but insofar as it happens that being classed 'Beginners' it has lower PP events.
That doesn't mean the lower PP events are easier - just at a slower pace - and a lot of strategic overtaking, judicious runs at a corner, using momentum to the full, and so on; in high PP races, the pace is so fast that these situations are fewer and happen quicker to really impact our judgement on the fly.

Overall I think all three events seem like a lot of fun if one knows just how to use the cars in one's garage.
If I have the time, yes, all the ancient Hot Rods are coming out - the 2CV, the Bug, the 360 . . . :D

Oooops. There I go having fun, too. :embarrassed:

@photonrider yes I agree, I have only done the beginner and intermediate events so far, but because the latter was so fun I didn't even make it to expert yet. :)

What is also interesting that almost all cars in someone's garage can be used for either one of these 3 events, whether you upgrade or downgrade a car to fit in the pp range. Only pure tuning cars fall out of the boat (and probably also a handful of high pp normal cars and low pp racing cars). So it will surely keep people busy for the next 2 weeks. ;)

Stock Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection CM + non aided = Easy victory.

Opened up with a Volvo 240 GLT Estate.. STOCK. Managed impressive 10th place, 30 seconds behind leader and an overall time of 6:49.

Applied some parts and raced the same race again, 1st place, 2 seconds ahead 2nd place driver and overall time of 5:36.

The 400 PP and SH limits are perfectly fine. I'm using cars in the 350 PP range and either I barely win or lose, depending on my mistakes. The only real problem is the track. I don't like Motegi, but that's not even the point. It's a good course for cars with about 450-500 PP. Cars with less than 400 PP are perfect for city courses, like London a couple of weeks ago. It's nice to be able to use these cars, but a different track would be way more fun.

That was fun with my 338pp Herbie. Won it by about half a lap.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 10
Back