A-spec Beginners Level Super Car Festival: Autodromo Nazionale Monza

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 65 comments
First did it in a 550PP tuned LFA, then in a completely stock Gallardo, but both times the Ford GT and the Corvette right on my tail, couldn't loose them, talk about rubber band.The Gallardo felt easier, may be because it was the second time or the 4WD helps with the SH

*VTEC KICKED IN YOOOO*

couldn't resist, sorry xD

Should try a bunch of different stuff here as well, then :)

Took my 500PP '95 Honda Civic for an easy win, the little-car-that-could, with it's significant drivetrain and power disadvantage still managed to hit 185mph in the draft. Love seeing a little v-tec eating up some super cars.
Did you truly mean 500PP? The race allows for up to 550PP, so that would be a very impressive victory. I know you've got the skills, so I'm not questioning the veracity of your statement. I just wanted to know if I should give you a 👍 or a :bowdown: ...That's all. :sly: :D

The one is easy... you should know Monza like the back of your hand since its been represented in games since they were invented.

Of course the only problem is I found the rabbits are again, using overpowered cars to get you on the straight... a Zonda? really now...

only done this twice, in a GTS Viper and our fave, the NSX LM Spec Road version.

And the prize? Seems very rich for such an easy race. Not that I need more GT40s... I have like a dozen.

The one is easy... you should know Monza like the back of your hand since its been represented in games since they were invented.

Of course the only problem is I found the rabbits are again, using overpowered cars to get you on the straight... a Zonda? really now...

only done this twice, in a GTS Viper and our fave, the NSX LM Spec Road version.

And the prize? Seems very rich for such an easy race. Not that I need more GT40s... I have like a dozen.
I just ran the race again with my BMW Z8 15AE @ 550 PP (tune by @Jakedog23). The Zonda C12S 7.3 was on my tail after I took the lead at the 2nd chicane of Lap 2. My best lap was my 3rd lap. A respectable 1:57.666... Mr. Zonda's quickest lap was also his 3rd at 1:57.802! :eek: Strange, seeing that his best lap previously was 2:01.098. :D I must have brought out the best in him... :rolleyes:

Even after my complaining, I will say that I do like this race a lot for a couple of simple reasons. It's not a very long race and the finishes will be close...but this is a good race to really practice good race craft. If you are able to win the race, but you're bumping AI drivers and cutting them off by dive-bombing into the chicanes, run it again and again until you don't have to do those things any more.

Just like turning off the driving line...good race craft will make you a better driver overall. I also like this race because if you mess up - go spinning into the sand, for example - I'm assuming you're not going to be able to catch the leader and win. I haven't experienced that myself, but I'm basing that off the fact that in my 3 wins, without any trips to the beach, I haven't won a single race by more than 1.0s! So, it seems like there can be no time wasted, unlike many of our Seasonal Events where you can just catch up on the 5th lap even after a catastrophic incident.

I'll be running this event several times using weaker cars just to work on my passing skills and traffic merging. It's a shame that PD gives us 2 fast cars, 3 semi-fast cars and the rest of the AI drivers are just pathetic excuses for moving roadblocks. If 80-90% of the field were competitive, this could be a truly excellent learning experience.

Did you truly mean 500PP? The race allows for up to 550PP, so that would be a very impressive victory. I know you've got the skills, so I'm not questioning the veracity of your statement. I just wanted to know if I should give you a 👍 or a :bowdown: ...That's all. :sly: :D

That's correct, 500PP. Around 362HP and 902Kg if I remember rightly. I can post the tune later if you want to try it, but it's suited to my driving style.

Took my 500PP '95 Honda Civic for an easy win, the little-car-that-could, with it's significant drivetrain and power disadvantage still managed to hit 185mph in the draft. Love seeing a little v-tec eating up some super cars.

Good one. 👍

This is what I was cooking (at about 515pp), but the Civic is better.

WP_20150704_001.jpg

That's correct, 500PP. Around 362HP and 902Kg if I remember rightly. I can post the tune later if you want to try it, but it's suited to my driving style.
Nah...I don't need the tune. I had a feeling you were going to say 500PP. That's impressive. I did a race earlier at 538PP and barely won...the margin of victory was 0.289! I definitely could have driven better/faster, but I didn't. :grumpy: I'm 99% certain that I could not win at 500PP.

Some serious displays on these posts, geez... Elco? Civic EG? Damn fellas :lol:

I bet if they were human drivers, they would be pretty pissed and get you outta there in no time lol

I like to use cars similar to the ones on the field, so i did this with a bunch of sports cars (mostly italian), always taking the lead on the first lap, but 2 or 3 on my tail until the end. I found this one way more fun than the expert event!

:cheers:

Last edited:
I won this race.yesterday with a fresh build Dodge Neon SRT-4. Fully upgraded and barely tuned but still ran a 2:05 and a pair of 2:01 laps for the win. You don't need a supercar to win, just consistent driving.

J. Salazar just ran a very nice 1m54.178 on his way to p2 in his Saleen S7 '02.
I havent got one of those yet.

20150706_160228.jpg
Simply try with the RUF BTR '86, little mistake but enjoying this 'intermediate' race using 500pp challenging the One-77. Even after make a better tune to another race, this time the ZZII still behave like a beast :lol:. As usual no aids/ABS 0.

Last edited:
I felt like playing at Jim Rockford in this event so used my gold 1978 Firebird Trans Am (The Rockford Files for those of you too young to recall this ‘70s TV classic). Took it all the way 550pp with a supercharger and lots of other bits, won the race at 6:37.624, just 0.092 ahead of Calvo in the Zonda. Got the win first or second time out, so could probably have taken it a bit easier on the upgrades.

Usual recipe of DS3/auto/ABS1/TC1/SRF off.

I was in a Volvo T5 (525 PP) on the way home from a business meeting, Monza was nearby so couldn't resist to kick some Lambo ass :)

IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0263.JPG

Doesn't matter what car to take I think, the AI is programmed to breathe down your neck once you're in the lead and try making you nervous.

Btw, in GT5 Monza was very popular in the online racing mode, but now there are mostly a few races. Too bad, it's a great track.

Last edited:
I tried the de-tuned Reventon, upgraded brakes and sensibly geared and the Zonda was catching up as if it was using Nitrous. A win by under .3 of a second.

Been away from GT6 for a good few months and thought to try this supposedly easy challenge. Managed to block the Pagani Zonda C12 with my Nissan R390 GT1 for a slim victory (after several tries). Need to try this challenge again with another car tuned for top speed in excess of 300km/hr...

Best lap: 2:00.043 (on final lap)
Overall time: 6:26.8XX

Back