(A-Spec) Best 650PP and 500PP cars?

• Thread starter MAlandM
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
London, England
malandm
Hello all,
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I tried searching and didn't find anything useful.

I'm stuck on the A-spec 650PP race in Grand Valley Speedway and the 500PP race in the same event. The 400PP race was easy but I'm struggling on the 650PP and 500PP, even with a chaparral 2j, but I was up against the mclaren. Haven't attempted the 500PP actually, but since I'm struggling on the b-spec 500PP of the same map, its unlikely i'll do any better in a-spec.

Any suggestions for cars for the 650PP and 500PP races?

By the way, the event I'm talking about rewards 200k (without bonuses) for the 400PP, and has a prize of a level 17 ticket in case I haven't given enough info about the event and races, but off the top of my head, I cannot remember.

Thanks,
~Mal

600PP and 650PP aren't the same. Plus, no good answers for 600PP anyway; 2J doesnt work for me, Suzuki GSX doesn't have much HP or PP and I'm not gonna get DLC for GTR TC. Any other options for the 650PP @ Grand valley speedway?

Actually, I think I'm gonna use the Oreca Viper. What should I upgrade, weight or power for 650PP?

MAlandM
Actually, I think I'm gonna use the Oreca Viper. What should I upgrade, weight or power for 650PP?

I always say weight first, helps your cornering ability and acceleration.

500PP I use a detuned Lamborghini Gallado to about 361BHP

650PP I use these, fully tuned:
Merc SLS AMG
Nissan GTR Vspec '09
Dodge Viper SRT 10 ACR
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 RM
Tommykaira ZZII

Although if the BMW McLaren F1 or Ford GT LM Spec is in first, you're never gonna win...
Ideally you want the Corvette C5 Race Car or a Fairlady Z up front, although you still can't slack off, since normally the car in 2nd is very fast.

Last edited:
I took my ZR-1 RM for a spin and won easily. That car is a blast by the way. You just need to do some clean steady laps and you're done.

the best and i really mean the best car for the seasonals 500 PP is the M3 GTR '03!
i won all the seasonals by a long distance with it :D

They aren't too hard.. All the detuned LMP's, 2J, ZR1 RM, GTR V spec, GTR F1 racecar, GTR prototype racecar, ACR, Furai, JGTC's can all win it.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 2J isn't your thing..it sounds like you're having trouble winning with the 2J? If that's the case practice is the solution, because the 2J is no questions asked the easiest car to win it with.

My Bob was a retard on the 500pp.. I tried a tuned Ford RS200 and he gained about 3-5places per lap, but then lost 2-3 by skidding off every other lap! I tried the Suzuki GSXR with the same result.. I tried a TVR Tuscan but it was no where near fast enough.. I tried a TVR Cerbera and it came close, maybe 4-5seconds behind the NSX-R.. so in the end I tried an NSX-R and it won!

trackripper123
Although if the BMW McLaren F1 or Ford GT LM Spec is in first, you're never gonna win...

sorry mate thats not true. I clean up the McLaren F1 on the last lap with my fully tuned ARTA NSX :) i call it my own Orange Sun!! Haha

Trust me you cant go wrongg !!

Thank you for the help guys!

After taking off the ballast weight and reducing the power of my 2J to get 650PP and changing the tune settings, i found it really easy! The 2J has stopped understeering and drifting now and I can drive in peace.

Gonna go for the 500PP now with a lambourghini countach @ 499 HP. If that doesn't work, gonna go for the other options u friendly people have given me. ^^

Edit: The lambo was horrible! I couldn't even drive in a straight line! Gonna try out the following cars:

Amuse S2000
NSX-R
M3 GTR '03
Volvo C30
Spoon S2000 and the
TVR Tuscan.

Thank you!

Edit 2: Wow! The NSX-R is amazing! Drifted all the way through and became first towards the end of the first lap! But don't worry, I was entertained by the drifting for the other 4 laps. That NSX-R is now one of my favourite cars... The drifting is just so controlled thanks to RKM Motersports' great tune!

Thanks everyone for all the help again, I have finished the seasonal event!

Last edited:
500pp a RUF BTR '86 great 500pp car ;)

650pp the standard de- tuned 2J :guilty:

Both up for share if anyone fancies a drive in them 👍

I've recently noticed that the Ruf '00 RGT at stock is actually a very solid car at 500pp. Even my Bob could win by a country mile with it without me even helping him. I doubt it's the best in the class, that probably belongs to an NSX if you ignore the possibility of tuning your setup and/or detuning a massively superior car for this. But it is a very good car and much better than a number of others in the same PP range.

And here I thought it would be twitchy, now it's one of my favorite cars.

Edit: Two simultaneous Ruf posts! I just passed up another chance to buy my first BTR... I can't ever seem to find Rufs with low miles, I'll honestly settle for anything under 50,000km for the older ones at this point.

Any GT1 race car will murder the opposition in the 650pp races.

I've recently noticed that the Ruf '00 RGT at stock is actually a very solid car at 500pp. Even my Bob could win by a country mile with it without me even helping him. I doubt it's the best in the class, that probably belongs to an NSX if you ignore the possibility of tuning your setup and/or detuning a massively superior car for this. But it is a very good car and much better than a number of others in the same PP range.

And here I thought it would be twitchy, now it's one of my favorite cars.

Edit: Two simultaneous Ruf posts! I just passed up another chance to buy my first BTR... I can't ever seem to find Rufs with low miles, I'll honestly settle for anything under 50,000km for the older ones at this point.

Any GT1 race car will murder the opposition in the 650pp races.
both are exceptionally fast cars for 500PP, i have an RGT with nearly 50,000kms @ 498PP, and an NSX-R with intake, exhaust, ECU and drivetrain mods to 500PP, they just simply blew away any opposition.

Another potent MR car is the Lotus Evora, same mods like the NSX-R @ 496PP, not lightning fast as the above two, but still quick enough to win.

If you prefer a bit of challenge, or wants something with engine in the front, I've looked into some 2-litre Japanese turbo 4WDs as well ('99 Imprezas and Evo VIs etc), with same type of mods as per the NSX-R, despite being slower than even the Evora, I found that I could win with the least hassles in the '99 Impreza WRX STi Sedan Ver VI, and with that boxer engine music to my ears.

If 4WD is not your cup of tea, keep a lookout for the M3 CSL '03 (@490PP), that is possibly one of the fastest under 500PP cars with an engine in the front.

Last edited:
For the 500 PP, I am using a BMW 120 d, it fits finely when tuned, standing at 499, with 334 hp and less than 1200 kg, laps around Nurburgring in 1'34 with Racing Soft, I think a more applied effort would render a lap under 1'32

I was testing it, at Grand Valley Speedway with tire and fuel consumption, managed to lap under 2'00

LSD

Front Suspension

Rear Suspension

Camber
F 0.7
R 0.5

Last edited:
lol I've been wondering why I can't win with any of the cars everybody has mentioned here... I just discovered that the tire choice is unlimited and I've been trying on Racing Hards all this time! I've got the BMW McLaren on the launchpad, gonna take care of this once and for all in a bit.

Fastphil96 Active Member
lol I've been wondering why I can't win with any of the cars everybody has mentioned here... I just discovered that the tire choice is unlimited and I've been trying on Racing Hards all this time! I've got the BMW McLaren on the launchpad, gonna take care of this once and for all in a bit.

Dude, i'm sorry! u'll be dissaponted with yourself for that much lost time :)
650pp :: easy win with mclaren, chaparral or even GTR's, racing soft tires of course :)
500pp :: Opera Performance S2000 :)

I've tried quite a few race cars on the 650pp races. My two favorites are the GT by Citroën Race Car and the Dodge Viper GTS #91(is the #51 any different?) race car. Really though, any race car at 600pp or above can get done.

650pp; 905 race car 620hp 900kg(150kg ballast)95% df. cannot be beaten.500pp; honda nsx lm, or tommy kaira zz11.

You shouldn't need to use Racing Soft tires to beat the AI unless you are using a car that isn't even close to being in the class of the AI(i.e. winning with a stock Vertigo against the Group C cars at the 24-hour Nürburgring seasonal, god that was fun, but I think I needed the Toyota 7's help to do it). Any comparable car should be able to win on the same tires. Often dropping a tire class makes for a better race.

But if you can't win and can't find the time, by all means put them on. Usually though this means you have more time to find either in your lines or your familiarity with the car. And of course some tracks are harder to beat the AI on than others. And high-HP cars can be tricky.

if you use Gerchu's tune from last Time Trial for GSX, it absolutely destroys both 400 and 500 alike.

Latest Posts

Back