A-Spec European Racing Car Expert Challenge: Andalucia Original Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 205 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
New Year‘s Holiday Challenge 2015-2016 (Season 2)

A-Spec European Racing Car Expert Challenge: Andalucia Original Course (Time/weather changes enabled)

NYHC1516 - A-Spec European Racing Car Expert Challenge @ Andalucia Original Course.jpg

[NYHC1516] - A-Spec European Racing Car Expert Challenge @ Andalucia Original Course.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Yeah, kinda easy. First try in an Alpine VGT race car on IM, one stop, by 62 seconds with a couple spins. Very cool track and very glad it wasn't the long and boring Sierra long and boring version.

C60 Hybride Praino tune but changed final drive to 3.350. IM's the whole way, won by over 2 minutes on a DS3. Lap 8 and 9 really could have use full on rain tires, but the pit stop would have potentially killed the advantage.

I don't know if I was aqua planing or I'm just a terrible driver but with a comfortable lead I ended up giving up due to my Jaguar XJ220 randomly loosing all traction and heading straight into the walls. It was dry as well 0% surface water. I was feeling happy on GT6 now I'm not so I'll leave it till tomorrow or possibly not bother since I want to quit my PS3 and DFGT and upgrade to a T300RS and PS4 once GTSport is out

It's interesting to see the CLK on the lead for a change. Will try this event tonight ☺

In that race, the XJ220 was the rabbit. The CLK just lasted a bit longer before it pit.

The 330 P4 has impressive tire conservation and fuel consumption, surprising facts given that it is an old-school race car.

Oh, the AI makes mistakes in the race too, making this race a walk in the park.

C60 Hybride Praino tune but changed final drive to 3.350. IM's the whole way, won by over 2 minutes on a DS3. Lap 8 and 9 really could have use full on rain tires, but the pit stop would have potentially killed the advantage.

Hi. Praiano's tune for the C60 was 700pp. Did you just lower the power percentage and or did you change anything else except the final gear? Thank you very much!

Not tried this yet but I dont get the cars allowed.. It allows me to use the Diablo GT2 but not the Ferrari FXX? erm though the Fxx was a race car? Confused :confused:

Easy, easy win (over a minute margin of victory) with the Bentley Speed 8. One pit stop.... Full race on Racing Intermediate tires.

View attachment 495165
The Bentley did the race fantasically. I managed to finsh on the 1st place with 1 minute ahead the others. raced with racing intermediate tires and had to pit once, great car and a great racing track

Hi. Praiano's tune for the C60 was 700pp. Did you just lower the power percentage and or did you change anything else except the final gear? Thank you very much!

Yep, sorry about that. Lowered the power all the way down and raised the weight to get to the PP limit. That's why I had to change the final ratio, because it was an absolute dog otherwise. Probably could have gone 3.500 if you want me to be completely honest. But I mentioned the 3.350 because I pitted once at the end of lap 7, and literally ran out of fuel on pit entry.

How to win:

1. Grab any european LMP1. Pescarolo Hybride, R8 Race Car, or Peugeot 905 more recommended.
2. Detune it to 600pp.
3. Slap some RS tires.
4. Pit at 5th lap one time.
5.???
6. Profit

Protip: when approaching the final straight, keep your left and never overtake on the inside because the AI might pit in and bomb you inside the pitlane too.

That AI is also smarter and smarter:lol: This morning I've tried this but 10 laps is too long for me .... fifth round had been enough. I think.

Protip: when approaching the final straight, keep your left and never overtake on the inside because the AI might pit in and bomb you inside the pitlane too.

The ai are NOT to be underestimated. Their limits range from flipping your car to being half a lap quicker from the start while you were in the line up

In that race, the XJ220 was the rabbit. The CLK just lasted a bit longer before it pit.

The 330 P4 has impressive tire conservation and fuel consumption, surprising facts given that it is an old-school race car.

Oh, the AI makes mistakes in the race too, making this race a walk in the park.

You're right. That event is way too easy. Took first place on lap 3. (Video in process)

But thanks for the Tipp. 👍

First try, didn't know the course and didn't even tune my car. Just figured I'll have a go the way it is and adjust afterwards. Won with a 46 second lead. BMW V12 LMR'99, power limiter down to 600pp and IM tires. With a proper tune this car would murder the competition!
*Pit at the end of lap 6

Did it in a Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car with a guess tune that may have made the car worse (I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to tuning).

Finished 12 seconds ahead of a Jag XJ220 with one pit stop on lap 5, on IM tires the whole time, with literally no grip left on the right tires by the end, which is why the gap was only 12 seconds.

I liked this event. The track is fun and it isn't so difficult that it requires the cheap cars to win. The one thing I wish PD'd start doing is making SRF an option/recommendation instead of forcing it on us. I don't like it because it makes the cars' grip levels unpredictable and it's very frustrating to randomly spin out when it wouldn't happen in real life.

Weight? Ballast direction can gain an extra point or two but will throw balance off, lol.
Some cars simply can't hit certain PP amounts because the oil was changed. Oil can add 3,4, and even 10 extra PP in some cars.
And some cars, we're specifically designed to NOT be able to hit 600pp (and 500pp), no matter what you do. And with good reason. You shouldn't be able to race a la mans car against a bunch of gt300's for example, lol.

I used the CLK Touring car, 2 stops, 4 and 8
I started with intermediate and ended with RS
I had a a couple of tangles with the AIs on the last laps and lost a big lead, but so what, I won in the end :)
It's a great racing track, I really enjoyed it! :D

european-racing-car-expert-challenge.png

BMW V12 LMR'99 with a few minor adjustments. 2nd time on this track and only adjusted the gear ratios and LSD. I'll give this car a proper tune later today and post it if anyone is interested. Only needs one pit stop at the end of lap 6.

Attachments

• 20151225_062646.jpg
    20151225_062646.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 93
Back