A-spec Expert Level Dirt Trial: Toscana

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 52 comments
Stock Lancia Delta Integrale at 469 PP.

image.jpeg

This one really frustrated me. i spent a good hour trying to beat it with my 205 rally car (500pp no tcs no abs) P2 was my best no matter what i did, the audi in lead was at least 6 seconds ahead at the finish. sometimes GT6's AI does that and it gets me angry. sometimes the leader has a huge 10 second lead from 2nd and third place cars. finally i switched over to my suzuki WRC 500pp and nailed it first try because instead of the audi in the lead it was a mitsubishi evolution, and there was no huge lead. i was relieved haha

This one really frustrated me. i spent a good hour trying to beat it with my 205 rally car (500pp no tcs no abs) P2 was my best no matter what i did, the audi in lead was at least 6 seconds ahead at the finish. sometimes GT6's AI does that and it gets me angry. sometimes the leader has a huge 10 second lead from 2nd and third place cars. finally i switched over to my suzuki WRC 500pp and nailed it first try because instead of the audi in the lead it was a mitsubishi evolution, and there was no huge lead. i was relieved haha

ABS 0 is tough stuff, at least with a DS3. Congrats you've beaten it.

I have found most of the rally cars do well here with stock settings and TCS at 0. Ease into the throttle and get set up for each turn well in advance. Traction is better in the grass, like Racin510s said, use the grassy areas to help with the turns. I've been trying The Bluebird rally car at 455PP for the past few days. Best I've done is 5th, the FR cars are definitely challenging here.
Cheers to all! :cheers:

On that note, the r32-r34 skylines might do well here too? ...

Had another 5 attempts on my second account for money and prize colors. As I also needed a car for the
Autumn Ring TT, I bought an R32 GODZILLA and it actually did quite good here.
500 PP, no driving aids except ABS 1, street setup though.

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

In the first race, F. Osterhagen went mad when being overtaken and did this v :lol: ...

IMG_0057.JPG

:D

You should check out the GT6 AI Hub. Your time would take the lead in the "WHOOSIERGIRL STORM CUP" event.

@lasrjock thanks for advice but I did already since there are some good friend to be challenged.

Anyway, here is my new score with Audi Gr. B:

TOSCCC A4S1RC86 R500DT 543340 20171001_085337.jpg

Tuned/500pp/pad/at/abs1/FL 1:40.393

ciao

Last edited:
I've used the Citeron C4 WRC '08 (no upgrades & assists). Have won the race over 40 times with it. If you want an easy win use the C4 WRC '08. But then again, Rally is my speciality.

Running on dirt has confounded me since GT1. I was able to accomplish my goal finishing 2nd for the paint chip earlier. I've run the Muscle Car race so much I needed a change of venue. I remembered from GT5 that people were having better finishes using the Dodge Ram Hemi Pick Up on dirt. I went and bought one. I only added power parts to get to 500 PP. Stage 3 weight reduction, fully custom trans., LSD and Torque Distributer. I didn't use a tune from anyone, I actually ran every at default. I could not drive it with TC0 but with TC1 I had better control. I ran so well that I finished 2nd. I had a previous P2 in the Audi but that was a much more difficult to drive. The Hemi Ram for me was easier to control, it ran really fast as long as I stayed in the weeds. I wasn't paying attention to my position, I just was concentrated on driving the truck. I could not believe that I finished 2nd only 1 second behind and I was very close to winning. It didn't frustrate me so I think I will try some more with the Ram. I have found something for me to driving in the dirt. Using a DS3 you are at a disadvantage from the beginning compared to using a wheel. I don't care about the prize but now that I have a vehicle I understand I'll keep trying. I think I'll also look for a tune, but the default settings on the suspension work really well. I think the heavy weight of the truck helps the overall traction even though I have TC1.

Attachments

• 20171001_140817.jpg
    20171001_140817.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 14
Here's a challenge for everybody tired of this event. Since it doesn't require that a race car be used, try it with a car that is valid for the Intermediate Level event (American Muscle Cars). The best that I have been able to do is 3rd place. Talk about a fish out of water!

You could try the Hudson which fully tuned is 411 pp, it is American and built before 1980. I'm not even going to try and win with it but there are better drivers than me.

Here is my score for AMC challenge on gravel promoted by @lasrjock :

TOSCCC DODGCH70 S500DT 619634 20171001_193309.jpg

Tuned/500pp/PAD/AT/ABS1/FL 1:51.752

Driving on the eggs with a truck....

---------

Stock Street car with just D tyres are competitive for Gold, here is the lower PP driven with success so far:

TOSCCC FRS20084 S432DT STD 625858 20171001_154522.jpg

Stock/432pp/PAD/AT/ABS1/FL 1:53.078

Ciao

EDIT: added stock Ford RS200 '84 result

Last edited:
Here is my score for AMC challenge on gravel promoted by @lasrjock :

View attachment 676625

Tuned/500pp/PAD/AT/ABS1/FL 1:51.752

Driving on the eggs with a truck....

---------

Stock Street car with just D tyres are competitive for Gold, here is the lower PP driven with success so far:

View attachment 676730

Stock/432pp/PAD/AT/ABS1/FL 1:53.078

Ciao

EDIT: added stock Ford RS200 '84 result

Yahoo!! Somebody was able to do it. I'll have to try the Charger.

Back