A-spec Expert Level Dirt Trial: Toscana

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 52 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Dirt Trial: Toscana

A-spec #58 Expert Level Dirt Trial @ Toscana.png

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
My first attempt was a 3rd in the AE Audi. I only want to get a silver because I think this is the gold chrome chip I missed from a previous event like this one. I honestly don't know how to stay in the powerband since I'm running AT and keep the car on the track. The dirt and snow events are my achilles heel. In real life I do fine on dirt tracks but after all of the versions of Gran Turismo I have , I've yet to figure out how to run on the dirt and snow with Gran Turismo . I'll keep trying only because of the paint chip. Also going to watch the car choices that everyone uses. @MoparGTS has given me a few choices.

Here's a challenge for everybody tired of this event. Since it doesn't require that a race car be used, try it with a car that is valid for the Intermediate Level event (American Muscle Cars). The best that I have been able to do is 3rd place. Talk about a fish out of water!

Here's a challenge for everybody tired of this event. Since it doesn't require that a race car be used, try it with a car that is valid for the Intermediate Level event (American Muscle Cars). The best that I have been able to do is 3rd place. Talk about a fish out of water!

In essence that is what I've been trying to do. I've been looking at 4wd cars that don't have turbos. Since I haven't been able to keep the cars in the powerband that's why I'm searching for normally aspirated or superchargers. Still can't drive worth a crap as 3rd is all I have been able to achieve. I only need about a 1 second improvement to get that paint chip. I'm very glad that I have plenty of time. I'd appreciate some feedback on cars and just how the heck to make a good lap.

Tried it. Got second on my third attempt with my matte black full stock PP455 Corvette Stingray Conv. '69.
No driving aids except ABS 1.
A win was possible if the AI would allow the 'tank' to keep running. Anyway ... 's been fun :cheers: !

IMG_0007.JPG

Last edited:
In essence that is what I've been trying to do. I've been looking at 4wd cars that don't have turbos. Since I haven't been able to keep the cars in the powerband that's why I'm searching for normally aspirated or superchargers. Still can't drive worth a crap as 3rd is all I have been able to achieve. I only need about a 1 second improvement to get that paint chip. I'm very glad that I have plenty of time. I'd appreciate some feedback on cars and just how the heck to make a good lap.

You made sure you took the shortest possible line ? It's Rally, you can leave 'the track' :D ...

Last edited:
You made sure you took the shortest possible line ? It's Rally, you can leave 'the track' :D ...
@ROCKET JOE thanks for your input.:cheers: I did learn that you can run off the road which is how I managed now 3 3rd place finishes. I spend more time off the road in the turns but stay on the road for the straights. I also don't know the track either. I have found that I need a car w/o a turbo.There aren't many naturally aspirated 4WD cars to choose from though. I use a DS3 with automatic so I can't downshift to first so there is terrible turbo lag which is killing my power. I am using an Alfa that is 4WD and doesn't have a turbo. The big problem with that is there isn't a dirt tune for the car. So I'm tuning it myself little by little and it's getting better. I finally got laps under 2 minutes. If I had another lap I could achieve my goal which is a silver. I want that gold chrome paint chip. I need about 2 seconds to get to P2.

@ROCKET JOE thanks for your input.:cheers: I did learn that you can run off the road which is how I managed now 3 3rd place finishes. I spend more time off the road in the turns but stay on the road for the straights. I also don't know the track either. I have found that I need a car w/o a turbo.There aren't many naturally aspirated 4WD cars to choose from though. I use a DS3 with automatic so I can't downshift to first so there is terrible turbo lag which is killing my power. I am using an Alfa that is 4WD and doesn't have a turbo. The big problem with that is there isn't a dirt tune for the car. So I'm tuning it myself little by little and it's getting better. I finally got laps under 2 minutes. If I had another lap I could achieve my goal which is a silver. I want that gold chrome paint chip. I need about 2 seconds to get to P2.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but whenever someone struggles with Rally first question is "Have you got traction control set to 0 ? Anyway ... I'm sure you'll find these missing 2 seconds by only learning the track better,
forget about the car 👍.

Try an Audi R8 (there are 3 varieties if you count the Chrome Line version).

On that note, the r32-r34 skylines might do well here too?

Also would I be correct in saying more than anything, dirt rally requires the use of manual to get the best out of the car?

I cant imagine waiting on an auto to get the right gear on dirt.

Dirt is a tough one... you have to 'get into the zone' to do well... I often have to get the tail swinging like you're Finnish to get thru some of those S bends.

I dont remember it being so tough but I suppose its just lack of practice. LIke the above guy, stuck in 2nd.

I always thought you do this in almost every corner when rallying ;) !!!
This gets nearly impossible with traction control on, but I think it's proven to be the fastest way of going on dirt.

Leave the TC on 1, that's the fastest setting for me. It allows for the right amount of slip.

Killed this on the first try with a 1986 Toyota Celica 2000GT-FOUR (ST165) that I put the best of all mods on, and no tuning aside from dropping the power enough to fit under the PP limit.

Probably one of the odder entries I've ever done on these sorts of races.

No one else to try this and post ...

I accomplished my goal today. I used the AE quattro '86 Rally Car that had a tune on it maybe from the original race. I still don't understand how to drive in the dirt in this game. I'm so glad that there weren't any penalties because I crashed and banged my way. I hit the invisible line, broadsided P4 and P5 in some S turn. I did make a clean pass on P3 to get me in 2nd place then had to defend P2 in doing so I almost caught P1. Not going to run this again though. I officially have had enough dirt over the last 2 days. My hands were shaking so it's not a very good picture, but this was I think the 5th time I ran this today. I'm going back to Muscle Car Heaven leaving the devil dust behind.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit: Normally I do not drive this way. I do my best to run each race clean and don't cut corners. If I could figure out how to drive in the dirt and snow in this game I would not have driven this way. In real life I can do both and exceptionally on dirt. Maybe if my wheel hadn't died I might have tried to learn. I got an alert about this event and when I went back and read what I had written I had to repent.

BTW Thank you @ROCKET JOE

Attachments

• 20170923_160743.jpg
    20170923_160743.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
This is getting pretty easy now. Don't know why there's so much hate for this event. PD gave us lots of rally cars.
image.jpeg
. I don't know beans about tuning, but this is what I'm using. Good luck.
162 auto set, final 4.333
Power @ 66.4
Downforce 120,200 (default)
ASM: off , TC: 1, SRF: on , brakes: 1

Last edited:
I accomplished my goal today. I used the AE quattro '86 Rally Car that had a tune on it maybe from the original race. I still don't understand how to drive in the dirt in this game. I'm so glad that there weren't any penalties because I crashed and banged my way. I hit the invisible line, broadsided P4 and P5 in some S turn. I did make a clean pass on P3 to get me in 2nd place then had to defend P2 in doing so I almost caught P1. Not going to run this again though. I officially have had enough dirt over the last 2 days. My hands were shaking so it's not a very good picture, but this was I think the 5th time I ran this today. I'm going back to Muscle Car Heaven leaving the devil dust behind.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit: Normally I do not drive this way. I do my best to run each race clean and don't cut corners. If I could figure out how to drive in the dirt and snow in this game I would not have driven this way. In real life I can do both and exceptionally on dirt. Maybe if my wheel hadn't died I might have tried to learn. I got an alert about this event and when I went back and read what I had written I had to repent.

BTW Thank you @ROCKET JOE

Hey mate, you're done here and I think you're happy. Great. Just want to tell you there's no need to apologise for cutting corners ... because there simply is no cutting corners in GT rally racing. It's common agreement since forever that everything is track between visible or invisible borders ( you should not touch these of course ).

👍👍👍

Back