A-spec Expert Level Front Engine, Rear-Wheel Drive Challenge: Big Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 95 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Front Engine, Rear-Wheel Drive Challenge: Big Willow

A-spec #26 Expert Level Front Engine, Rear-Wheel Drive Challenge @ Big Willow.jpg

A-spec [#26] Expert Level Front Engine, Rear-Wheel Drive Challenge @ Big Willow.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Seems a step backwards for expert level. Won with BMW 507 '57 at 387 pp 7:58, and also at 408pp 7:43 both races close till end against Cal '08 . So I could pass in both races rabbit on 4th lap then he wakes up.

Viper GTS '02 prize

This was a close fun race, back sliding out, changing lead couple of times and AI that were good to race with. The only thing that annoyed (in a funny kinda way) me was the car i got at the end. months and months i put off buying a 2002 Viper and i buy on Tuesday and i end up winning one 2 days later. O well guess that one for racing and one for cruising with.

2nbu7oi.jpg

I started with the Shelby GT350R (ExeterGT Tune) and ran away from everyone, laughing!

Such a contrast from the R246 Seasonal, where I would be allowed to win a couple of times, then the AI would gang up and pit me, and the whole pack would run away laughing. I cannot figure out how all the cars suddenly acquired around 5 mph of extra speed after a couple of wins

Maybe PD got some negative feedback for that one. (Maybe my wife called PD and told them she was tired of having so much swearing created by that seasonal ??) HA HA!
Cheers, Pete

P.S. The Bimmer Safety Car also ran away from the pack including the Viper Rabbit.

I started with the Shelby GT350R (ExeterGT Tune) and ran away from everyone, laughing!

Such a contrast from the R246 Seasonal, where I would be allowed to win a couple of times, then the AI would gang up and pit me, and the whole pack would run away laughing. I cannot figure out how all the cars suddenly acquired around 5 mph of extra speed after a couple of wins

Maybe PD got some negative feedback for that one. (Maybe my wife called PD and told them she was tired of having so much swearing created by that seasonal ??) HA HA!
Cheers, Pete

P.S. The Bimmer Safety Car also ran away from the pack including the Viper Rabbit.
The GT350R was one of my original tunes when I started out my tuning.. Wow. Nice to know its still got the competitive edge in it.

Shelby GT350R '65 (500PP SS)

Link here

shelbygt-jpg.111151

Definitely an easier seasonal than what we've been getting recently. That's not a bad thing though; this should allow for a broad range of cars and a bit of a breather after the previous grueling sessions. That the payout is also much lower shows that this is probably what PD had in mind.

And I'm perfectly fine with that. You even get a car as a prize!

I planned for the worst, put a Praiano tune on my 69 Corvette L46, took as much weight off as I could and prayed. OMG My top speed is only 132mph? I'm dead, huh? How'd I get first on the 3rd lap? It must be gonna pit me on the last lap... HAH, it did but caught back up. I won? First try? WTF?? Oh well, glad it was easy Willow Springs is NOT a good track for me. lol Now I feel kind of disappointed, oh well I guess I'll see what silly car I can win with. I actually didn't have a Viper so not a total loss.

I used my BMW E92 M3 Coupe 2007-2011 replica provided by @Ridox2JZGTE for a comfortable win. There are a couple of different selections to choose from. I went with the 490PP version (Specs Car & Driver 6 Sp Manual 2011 September 15). Seeing that the event was on Big Willow, I decided to go with the Competition Package suspension setup which is just 10mm lower. The suspension is buttery smooth on this track. My foot never left the floor through the undulations which helps instill a lot of confidence regarding the car's performance. 👍

I can see a larger number of players getting richer somewhat quicker in the next two weeks than has been in the recent past. So good feelings all around in the Race event threads as I can see - decent line-ups of cars for the different events, and a more relaxed and casual approach to this round of races. While they may seem easy as pie to the more seasoned players among us there is also great opportunities for close racing depending on the car selected and because the range is wide more chance of serendipitously finding oneself in a car that is competitive enough for close racing.

While they may seem easy as pie to the more seasoned players among us there is also great opportunities for close racing depending on the car selected and because the range is wide more chance of serendipitously finding oneself in a car that is competitive enough for close racing.

I actually thought that this would result in a massive victory. Fast car, somewhat fast driving. But still I just couldn't lose M.Saez in his Stingray.

WP_20150605_003[1].jpg

Then I dug up an even faster car. This time Saez didn't stand a chance.. So it looks like AI limit might be around 7:20 - 7:30.

WP_20150605_001[1].jpg

I anticipate a large number of races at Willow for me during next weeks. :D

Edit. Insane amount of downforce in this one. Feels like glued to the track with SS tyres.

WP_20150604_004.jpg

Last edited:
Back